Cave. Steam. *mic drop*

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Obviously. I think we all are.

Indeed, which is why this announcement is rather disappointing, since we're not getting anything new. This may change in the future, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. I think realistically, the most we can expect is ports of the games already released on 360.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yep. I've abandoned hope and plunked down the cash for an ESP Ra.De board.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Good on ya! It's the board I regret selling, the most.

Thanks - it's my first Cave PCB (and first dedicated PCB - as opposed to carts like MVS and AW). I can't wait to play it.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I saw the publisher do an impromptu stream of the game two nights ago on twitch tv. The frame rate looks excellent. The sound is on spot. The only thing that seemed a bit off is how fast the game goes in and out of slowdown when there are a lot of bullets on screen. I'm not too worried though. They admitted they were still working on the slowdown.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yoshi, you forgot the best part.

yXERWaW.png

Looks like they announced the newest game to be ported over to PC during the Transition 2015 event and it's Deathsmiles.

Kind of an obvious choice but I was hoping for something else, personally.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Looks like they announced the newest game to be ported over to PC during the Transition 2015 event and it's Deathsmiles.

Yeah, disappointing indeed, but they obviously picked it because it will sell the best.

Hopefully it exceeds their sales expectations and we get a Dodonpachi game next.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I'm going to buy all of these just to give Cave my money.

When is whoever owns the rights to the Toaplan stuff gonna start doing the same thing? Dogyuun has no sound in MAME (it least the ROM I'm using doesnt...) It'd be nice to have a version that works.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Yeah, disappointing indeed, but they obviously picked it because it will sell the best.

Will it though? They couldn't give away the US 360 release of Deathsmiles. Amazon still has a new one in stock for $15.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Still sold the most.

Sold the most in the US? The only other US release was Akai. If a DDP or Mushi came to the US on the 360, I think it would have done better than DS.

But I am biased, as I don't like DS.

Redguard

New Challenger

I have both Deathsmiles games on Xbox360. I'm tempted to double dip when the PC version gets a release.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have both Deathsmiles games on Xbox360. I'm tempted to double dip when the PC version gets a release.

You fucking Cave nerds. All this Deathsmiles hate.

I love Deathsmiles. Have the 360 version and the board for my cab. Honestly, if it had a smaller run on 360, I'm sure everyone would fawn over it, cause it was teh rarez.

I'm happy with whatever we get from Cave on Steam. Akai Katana is <3. I wish I could justify the PCB of that, but I'm not dropping Gs on games anymore. Just not worth it to me.

Edit: And having things on 360 is basically worthless for me now. No room for the 360 in the living room. PS4 and Wii U only. 360 is boxed up and in storage. I'm really getting to the point I'd rather have my games on PC/Steam, so every X number of years when I get the twitch to play something I love on the Xbox or Playstation, like Outrun 2, or something, I don't have to go digging through boxes and setup ancient consoles in my living room. Old man, nice house, problems.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
When is whoever owns the rights to the Toaplan stuff gonna start doing the same thing? Dogyuun has no sound in MAME (it least the ROM I'm using doesnt...) It'd be nice to have a version that works.

Dogyuun (as well as other Toaplan games) has had sound for quite a while.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I love Deathsmiles. Have the 360 version and the board for my cab. Honestly, if it had a smaller run on 360, I'm sure everyone would fawn over it, cause it was teh rarez.

I'm happy with whatever we get from Cave on Steam. Akai Katana is <3. I wish I could justify the PCB of that, but I'm not dropping Gs on games anymore. Just not worth it to me.

Edit: And having things on 360 is basically worthless for me now. No room for the 360 in the living room. PS4 and Wii U only. 360 is boxed up and in storage. I'm really getting to the point I'd rather have my games on PC/Steam, so every X number of years when I get the twitch to play something I love on the Xbox or Playstation, like Outrun 2, or something, I don't have to go digging through boxes and setup ancient consoles in my living room. Old man, nice house, problems.

Outrun 2006 is the balls on PC.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I love Pedosmiles, I'd just like to see a game that wasn't already released over here. Why not Dodonpachi DFK? That one is totally approachable and one of the best in the series.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
...FYI, if anyone hasn't picked up Mushi yet. Grab it now. It's part of the winter steam sale.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Why not Dodonpachi DFK? That one is totally approachable and one of the best in the series.

I'd much rather see DOJ, as it's never been playable on an American console, whereas the Euro release of DFK is.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'd much rather see DOJ, as it's never been playable on an American console, whereas the Euro release of DFK is.

My guess is that the Steam releases will all be CV1000 games, because they are using the 360 port engine as a basis.