Castlevania animated series on the way (again)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Honestly don't recall if I have.

PS2?

curse of darkness was a ps2 game and i honestly thought it really good. but lords of shadow was a ps3/360 game made by kojima productions. it did get some hate for being very similar to god of war in terms of gameplay. but i personally think it's a lot better than god of war.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
curse of darkness was a ps2 game and i honestly thought it really good. but lords of shadow was a ps3/360 game made by kojima productions. it did get some hate for being very similar to god of war in terms of gameplay. but i personally think it's a lot better than god of war.

You get to suplex the devil in Lords of Shadow, if thats not a reason to play it I don't know what is

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I remember seeing something about this on Facebook about the people from either Steven Universe or Adventure Time (I can't remember which one) working on it. I hope the animation isn't garbage like those shows though... Castlevania needed a proper series since the 80s.

Frederator studios, so Adventure Time, but they've been in the animation game for decades at this point

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Eh, trailer looks all right for what it is, I guess. As long as we don't have flipping overproduced animation and have Trevor and Alucard doing ninja flips all over the place, I guess it'll be fine. On the plus side, they didn't seem to have gone full Ayanami Kojima for the designs, which is always nice. Some of those designs outright made no sense for the time the series is supposed to happen.

Still, only cautiously optimistic about this one. Much rather wait until the first reviews start pouring in.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Like most modern animated output, this looks terrible and is basically an affront to the original vibe of Castlevania.
But if you're a kid who sits around all day smoking weed and watching Netflix, I could see this holding your attention for a few hours.
If you really want to connect with the energy of Castlevania but don't feel like putting any effort into it, just watch a playthrough of Rondo of Blood on the youtubes.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Like most modern animated output, this looks terrible and is basically an affront to the original vibe of Castlevania.
But if you're a kid who sits around all day smoking weed and watching Netflix, I could see this holding your attention for a few hours.
If you really want to connect with the energy of Castlevania but don't feel like putting any effort into it, just watch a playthrough of Rondo of Blood on the youtubes.

RAYphex! Where have you been? :shame:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In related news, most of my games are for sale in the EVERYTHING ELSE forum. Check it out.

I posted Image Fight 2 just ten seconds after the deadline for your free Radiant Silvergun contest.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I thought the trailer looked good and Adi Shankar has given me no reason to doubt him.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That animation was spectacular. I really hope the steak matches the sizzle.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love Catlevania, but I can't get interested in this at all and have yet to watch a single episode.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I love CASTLEVANIA, but I can't get interested in this at all and have yet to watch a single episode.
I mean, to be real, you didn't miss much. It was something fine to veg out on while a few liters in. It was definitely something I would have loved when I was 12, but not so much now. There was some B-plot with one of Dracula's forgemasters being a sex slave or something that I didn't give two shits about.

Maybe the coolest thing was its interpretation of Legion. A sorcerer controlled an entire town of people and used his magic to (Golden) corral the people into a big floating sphere to stop a guy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That animation was spectacular. I really hope the steak matches the sizzle.

the challenge is making a season that is somehow satisfyingly complete. Each season of Castlevania has felt like it was incomplete and sure, probably by design to make you want more, but it gets a little draining. A good season should stand on its own.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
the challenge is making a season that is somehow satisfyingly complete. Each season of Castlevania has felt like it was incomplete and sure, probably by design to make you want more, but it gets a little draining. A good season should stand on its own.
I'd have to agree with Wasabi here. Here's to hoping Season 4 is good without all those awkward humor moments (blargh).

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'm guessing they will show Drac resurrected in the final 30 seconds of the last episode this season.
Stay tuned for Season 5!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There is a huge divide between people who think this animation is good/acceptable and the people who don't...

... they (the world) should have just stopped making cartoons on January 1st, 2000

I don't want to see some computer animator's attempt to make a Tarantino-esque action sequence look hand drawn in 2021

A hand animated Alucard in 1998 or 1999 would have preserved all of the cum & moan value that the status portrait of the video game held.

Meh

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
This show is fucking crap. I made it through the first season (all four eps, ffs), suffered through the second season just to watch Alucard cry for like an entire episode. I can't bear to watch anymore.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
This show is fucking crap. I made it through the first season (all four eps, ffs), suffered through the second season just to watch Alucard cry for like an entire episode. I can't bear to watch anymore.
I've greatly enjoyed the show but this may be my favorite comment in this entire theead.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I love this series and I hope it gets many more seasons. The rest of the negative nannys can f*ck off.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I enjoy the show expect for alucard part in season three or i should say i was rather disgusted with and i found it pointless.