Case for Lazy Finger PCB

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey guys. Not sure how much interest there is for it, but Xian Xi sent me a Lazy Finger the other week and I've been working on a 3D printed enclosure. Below are the results.

case1.jpgcase2.jpgcase3.jpg

Price is $10 shipped in the US.

+$2 extra if you want the button switches a different color. Or want the top/bottom of enclosure two different colors.

case4.jpg

Case Colors currently available:
  • Black
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Wood (clear plastic with wood dust added. Novelty, but if someone wants it $12)
  • Clear Glow-in-the-dark
  • Pink

Other colors possible:
  • Grey
  • Blue
  • Green

Please note these are 3d printed by me on one of the two printers in my home office. Please don't purchase these expecting perfection. They ARE 3d printed. The enclosure should fit and work without issue. If not, let me know and I'll replace promptly.

**Should be noted that James knows about all this. He even suggested I setup a sales thread after I finished the design. In the next day or so he also should be receiving some of these cases. Which means feedback impending. lol

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Interesting. I was just thinking of making some cheap aluminum enclosures, but this looks better. Pm incoming.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice, do you plan on releasing the files for self printing?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
really good work here man! Now I almost wish I had jumped on a LF while they were available ;)

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thanks everyone. Responded to all PM's.

Nice, do you plan on releasing the files for self printing?

I'm not sure yet. I might at some point. Also I would need to run it by Xian Xi since his logo is on the back.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
That's gorgeous. I had asked a friend who's halfway decent with 3d printing to come up with something like that for mine, he was stalled out on how to deal with the switches, you've come up with a great answer. PM'd

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
That's really nice Lions. I often debate about getting a 3d printer and seeing something like what you've made definitely pushes me towards getting one. What did you use to model the enclosure?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That's really nice Lions. I often debate about getting a 3d printer and seeing something like what you've made definitely pushes me towards getting one. What did you use to model the enclosure?

thanks man, I actually sold off a bunch of my arcade stuff to get into 3d printing 3 years ago (maybe 4?). This summer I built my 2nd printer. An Ultimaker 2 clone. I'm just starting to do some 3d modeling for work. Not a ton, but just a few random things. Luckily I have access to Solidworks. But there's a ton of free options too. One I've been meaning to try is Autocad's 123D Design.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
really good work here man! Now I almost wish I had jumped on a LF while they were available ;)

More LFs are on the way. It's gonna be another batch of 50. Maybe in two weeks for those that missed out.

I got the cases today and they work great. Thanks for making this lions3. :cool:

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
thanks man, I actually sold off a bunch of my arcade stuff to get into 3d printing 3 years ago (maybe 4?). This summer I built my 2nd printer. An Ultimaker 2 clone. I'm just starting to do some 3d modeling for work. Not a ton, but just a few random things. Luckily I have access to Solidworks. But there's a ton of free options too. One I've been meaning to try is Autocad's 123D Design.

Nice, thanks for the info man. I've been using Sketchup with reasonable success lately for a few projects and will have a look at 123D Design and Solidworks.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
More LFs are on the way. It's gonna be another batch of 50. Maybe in two weeks for those that missed out.

I got the cases today and they work great. Thanks for making this lions3. :cool:

Sweet. I might grab a couple this time.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   1
looks great, how did you build your latest printer?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Case for Lazy Finger sounds like the name of a gaillo :D

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Why can't ALL homebrew and innovative threads be as easy to mod as this one...

+1 on the great work...

xROTx

PS. Yeah.... why don't you start a dedicated 3D printing thread... if it gets enough hits... I'll sticky it for you...

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Why can't ALL homebrew and innovative threads be as easy to mod as this one...
why don't you start a dedicated 3D printing thread... if it gets enough hits... I'll sticky it for you...

That's a great idea, there's ton of stuff that could be 3d printed.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
+1 on dedicated 3D printing thread. CNC, Laser Cutting included? I'd vote yes.