Case for Lazy Finger PCB

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm leaning on a new thread under General Tech Support, but if Rot and others want it somewhere else or to continue that other thread thats fine.

Based off questions, i'm assuming a new thread would be more focused on how to build a printer, tools and software. Etc. With the obvious sprinkling of ideas for things worth creating for the Neo-Geo. Hell I have 3 things i'm planning to create for my 2 slot in the next few weeks as I convert it to a CMVS.

+1 on dedicated 3D printing thread. CNC, Laser Cutting included? I'd vote yes.

My custom cut Tron keychain also votes to include laser cutters :)

tron_keychain.jpg

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm leaning on a new thread under General Tech Support, but if Rot and others want it somewhere else or to continue that other thread thats fine.

Based off questions, i'm assuming a new thread would be more focused on how to build a printer, tools and software. Etc. With the obvious sprinkling of ideas for things worth creating for the Neo-Geo. Hell I have 3 things i'm planning to create for my 2 slot in the next few weeks as I convert it to a CMVS.

My custom cut Tron keychain also votes to include laser cutters :)

View attachment 32113

Tron keychain wins. One of my favorite movies of all time and probably the main reason I got into visual effects.

Agreed we need a new thread for general computer-based modeling and fabrication. I have some laser cut contraptions to show as well.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Cases shipped for anyone who sent money by lunch today. Most went out yesterday, but a few this afternoon. If you want your tracking number just let me know.

And for some added fun, here's a time lapse of a case printing.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Just received two cases (black and red). Both came quickly and securely packaged. I've never acrut seen or felt anything 3D printed before, and the build quality is top notch. The only thing I had an issue with, and this may be due to me just being too rough, was the screwheads on one of the cases stripped fairly easily. I eventually drilled it out and ued other screws, and it holds well. The gaps for the Lazyfinger nicely and there is no friction between the knobs and the holes. Very satisfied and its a relief to see them. Great job!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
They looks slick as hell. I got 2 black ones under way but I should have been smarter and gotten me a second color one to keep track of what player is what...I like 'em black though, all my Neo stuff is black anyway.

Edit: Hey Gallegos, where are the tips for the switches?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
I had the replacement buttons for CPS2 boards modeled, will gladly release that model if there's a home for it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
They looks slick as hell. I got 2 black ones under way but I should have been smarter and gotten me a second color one to keep track of what player is what...I like 'em black though, all my Neo stuff is black anyway.

Edit: Hey Gallegos, where are the tips for the switches?

Lol forgot em, they were there but I didn't put them in. I was wondering what those little plastic things were lol

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Lol forgot em, they were there but I didn't put them in. I was wondering what those little plastic things were lol
put them in reversed (black w/ red and red w/ black) - that'll look rad!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
My case came in today and it's awesome. Now I don't have to worry about killing my lazy finger on accident. :) Thanks lions, fantastic work!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My cases showed up a while ago but I just barely got around to putting them together. Overall it's one of the best 3D printed items I've seen so far. These little boxes are definitely tough and solid feeling. My only complaint is that the included screws are too soft for the amount of force it takes to screw the casing together-I stripped the screws pretty easily, even with two different screwdrivers. After I swapped out the screws, all was well.

Thanks lions3 for making these cases, and thanks Xian Xi for making the Lazy Finger. Both are definitely must-haves IMHO.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
One of two things, you could use a screw with a more coarse thread or just be gentle...

I got mine as well, prolly been sitting at the PO for a while, lol. No complaints here, everything is perfect, I do think however that a coarser thread screw could benefit this case, you only gonna screw it once though so just be careful but food for thought.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Those cases look rad, especially all the different colors you offer too.

I'd probably be down for a few sets of CPS2 buttons if you get the model from dubdubdub.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Got mine in and they look and work great. Thanks again Bill.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Got mine in a while ago, finally able to put my lazy fingers into them (moved into the new place and finally unpacking) - these things are awesome, couldn't ask for more. Thanks again!