Car enthusiasts: What kind of people does your vehicle get attention from?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My Miata is getting 20mpg with a lot of messing around. The turboed 2.5 vs stock 2.0 has dropped 7-9 mpg so far.

I'm lucky there's a shop, Fab9tuning, about 20min away and I'm friends with the owner and made friends with a cool circle of people that track their Miatas. There the ones that did the engine swap and turbo install. Then Fab9's owner dynoed it for free.

There's a club that has weekly meets in the summer but it's a morning affair and I'm a night owl.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
You know what cars I'm surprised don't seem to get as much attention? Right hand drives in North America. My brother's got a '95 Subaru WRX STI RS and it seems like nobody gives a shit at all, I always expected imports to get lots of head turns just from the driver being on the opposite side alone but his car only seems to get looks when it backfires lol

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
My Miata is getting 20mpg with a lot of messing around. The turboed 2.5 vs stock 2.0 has dropped 7-9 mpg so far.

I'm lucky there's a shop, Fab9tuning, about 20min away and I'm friends with the owner and made friends with a cool circle of people that track their Miatas. There the ones that did the engine swap and turbo install. Then Fab9's owner dynoed it for free.

There's a club that has weekly meets in the summer but it's a morning affair and I'm a night owl.
Cool. I’ve never seen a Turbo NC. Only supercharged ones and engine swaps. It seems…very tight in there.

Reactions: Syn

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I still have to tidy up some of the wiring and other things but here's a bay shot. The battery is now where the wiper fluid is and I need to find a permanent place for the reservoir.
received_358159445751532.jpeg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Dang. That is tight. Does the exhaust bump on loading/unloading?

Is that based on a kit or an original design?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
94 saab 300s convertible. once another guy in a saab honked at me in solidarity.

I drove a lot of SAABs as my old man was a Master Tech.

Seems like every time I'd leave it in a parking lot, another would end up parking next to me. Especially at the Ski resort.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
2016 Ford Fusion Energi: The only people that look at ford fusions are people that are also driving ford fusions. Nobody else knows they're even there, Lol.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
2019 RAV4 with the cheap factory rims and no packages. no one cares, there are thousands of these in my area. This is a good thing.

2006 Mercedes c300 with upgrades. broke college co-eds think its cute, the comfortable interior doesn't make up for the stupid maintenance costs, fuck this car.

1999 BMW roadster convertible - senior citizens and teenagers like it. its too small but its fun driving to the beach with the top down. Long drives and being on the highway is horrible

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I actually love the LS to be honest, it's a handsome looking car and it could really go when you wanted it to. I'd probably still own it if I didn't get it written off in a minor fender-bender (insurance said it'd cost 2k for a single headlight alone lmbo). Definitely not an economical car in anyway, especially with the Jaguar V8
They are fantastic cars.
Essentially an S type under that skin.
I still get a little grin when I get in it.
Starting to 5¢ 10¢ me tho, really thinking about selling. 😢

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Dang. That is tight. Does the exhaust bump on loading/unloading?

Is that based on a kit or an original design?
No bumping. The kit is the second one developed by Fab9tuning. The first was a bottom mount style, bigger turbo, about 100 hp more than my kit.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
2020 Subaru BRZ (no crazy body mods or anything - the car is beautiful as it is) with some hidden upgrades like STI suspension package, upgraded sound system, etc.

I get lots of complements on the look of my car from both men and women, but very few people know what it is as the 86 line (Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S) of cars is not popular in Cincinnati - like, at all. I get the most compliments at drive-thru windows. I get the most confused stares from other Subaru owners who have no idea Subaru has a track car in their consumer line up.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Ah, OK. For a second I thought it was some new terminology the kids were using now.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
It's a Prius, so you can imagine all the attention I get. :sneaky:

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I have a 2016 BMW M235i. A smallish coupe that performs above the average. It's stock outside of an M performance exhaust and some carbon fiber stuff that came with the car. I get the occasional compliment at the gas station, but mostly no one knows what my car is where I live. When I get out of the city and into the suburbs though, knuckleheads in GTIs, Civics, BRZs and Toyota 86s cannot wait to try to race me. Good for 'avin a larf, but gets annoying after a while.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I have a 2016 BMW M235i. A smallish coupe that performs above the average. It's stock outside of an M performance exhaust and some carbon fiber stuff that came with the car. I get the occasional compliment at the gas station, but mostly no one knows what my car is where I live. When I get out of the city and into the suburbs though, knuckleheads in GTIs, Civics, BRZs and Toyota 86s cannot wait to try to race me. Good for 'avin a larf, but gets annoying after a while.
nice

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
2021 Ford Explorer ST... idiots who mistake it for a Durango SRT.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
2013 VW Caddy TDI 2.0 - No one looks or says anything, looks like a Golf with a big ass. It does indeed haul ass however, at least to 50mph after which performance diminishes.