Car Enthusiast Thread

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think the XF looks terrible in person but very nice in pictures.

I spied one in Houston and thought it was a Buick. :emb:

And shame on them for killing the S type.

In other news, my girl's car has been totalled by the insurance company since a hit-and-run driver decided to make an offset frontal collision with a parked car. We've been looking the past couple of days and I am really wondering what drugs Honda's design department is smoking. The new Hondas look like toy cars and Toyota's line looks like their earlier gen, only inflated to comedic proportions. She really wants an FJ and I really can't stop her, but hopefully I'll convince her to buy something not from SUV land.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I think the XF looks terrible in person but very nice in pictures.

I spied one in Houston and thought it was a Buick. :emb:

And shame on them for killing the S type.

In other news, my girl's car has been totalled by the insurance company since a hit-and-run driver decided to make an offset frontal collision with a parked car. We've been looking the past couple of days and I am really wondering what drugs Honda's design department is smoking. The new Hondas look like toy cars and Toyota's line looks like their earlier gen, only inflated to comedic proportions. She really wants an FJ and I really can't stop her, but hopefully I'll convince her to buy something not from SUV land.

what are the new C-class going for these gays? if she's looking at an FJ i'm sure she could afford one and get a much better car. i say make her buy american and go with an MKX or something. at least that way she'd get a good car for cheap. well actually i haven't done my homework on the MKX or the zephyr at all, but they're practically giving them away. and they clook pretty class on the inside.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
what are the new C-class going for these gays? if she's looking at an FJ i'm sure she could afford one and get a much better car. i say make her buy american and go with an MKX or something. at least that way she'd get a good car for cheap. well actually i haven't done my homework on the MKX or the zephyr at all, but they're practically giving them away. and they clook pretty class on the inside.

Not sure on the C class status. We did look at the MKS and the MKX. I'm sure we could negotiate well and steal one if she were more interested, but she's not very loving on the Lincolns.

Oh, and we all know this but dealers can't give away SUV's right now. I've seen several '04-'06 Tahoes with 10K-12K pricetags.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
what about one of the lambda ones? (outlook, acadia, enclave, traverse)

they get the DI v6 in 09.

or a fuel cell equinox.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
the cruze is set to replace the cobalt.

i think its kinda dum because cobalt is a much better name.

also the cobalt ss turbo is a fuckin crazy car. i dont think the cruze will be anywhere near that kind of performance.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
the cruze is set to replace the cobalt.

i think its kinda dum because cobalt is a much better name.

also the cobalt ss turbo is a fuckin crazy car. i dont think the cruze will be anywhere near that kind of performance.
Yeah, I love the 260 hp Cobalt SS Turbo.

But, it looks like we're going from the power hungry 60s to the fuel economy 70s all over again. I really hope we don't have to hear or see another 200 hp Corvette. :oh_no:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
or the california edition vettes. with 150 horses in the 80's. yeah those were all kinds of win and good.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Oh God, are you kidding me?

Do you have any links to articles about those cars? Man, that's terrible.

Edit: I found a link.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658522,00.html

they existed, they were shite, and i'm glad they don't exist anymore

and magna new C-class is around 32k, new FJ starts at 23k i can see the lower price, but fuck dude. a mercedes is a mercedes. driving one, owning one, being in one, you feel important. having been in my share. a toyota is a toyota, you feel like just another part of the road.

though personally if she's wanting to spend around 20-25k i'd say a new buick lacrosse. 28k and what you get is a lot for the money. really is.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Not sure on the C class status. We did look at the MKS and the MKX. I'm sure we could negotiate well and steal one if she were more interested, but she's not very loving on the Lincolns.

Oh, and we all know this but dealers can't give away SUV's right now. I've seen several '04-'06 Tahoes with 10K-12K pricetags.

A wild MAGNAFLUX appears

SSS

neo retired
learned my lesson with the toyota.

picked up a jug of Ospho today, gonna slap it on some surface rust on the frame of my new truck. once that drys, going to paint over with zero rust or some standard rustoleum primer then paint.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
they existed, they were shite, and i'm glad they don't exist anymore

and magna new C-class is around 32k, new FJ starts at 23k i can see the lower price, but fuck dude. a mercedes is a mercedes. driving one, owning one, being in one, you feel important. having been in my share. a toyota is a toyota, you feel like just another part of the road.

though personally if she's wanting to spend around 20-25k i'd say a new buick lacrosse. 28k and what you get is a lot for the money. really is.

She doesn't want a Benz. Shame too since the E series a few years old look great and are easily affordable.

I think we're down to Mercury and Toyota at this point. Both not coincidentally in the top 5 quality index.

PS. Por15 kicks ass. Highly recommended.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,

You wouldn't feel terribly important while your Merc is in the shop (again). ;)

I considered buying an FJ, but the gas mileage is terrible, and it's a little larger than I would like (but I still love the looks).

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Finally got around to seeing the Top Gear episode in Japan with the new GT-R. Pretty fun episode, makes me hungry for those fried crabs that Jeremy was eating.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Volkswagen Golf Mark VI

2799943931_54ddd4eef2_b.jpg

2799943925_33ede4906f_b.jpg

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Looks like a more conservative and less cool Scirocco -- which is the car I would choose over the Golf.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
the hyundai genesis will be coming out soon. apparently there's a 4 door variant with 300+ horses and a V8 with rear wheel drive. from hyundai! what the fuck?