Capcom vs SNK 2 to be released on PSN

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Capcom vs. SNK 2 bound for PSN in April

Capcom USA boss Christian Svensson confirmed the news, saying that the firm aims to have the game out by "the end of April".

"[The] current schedule for the release of the PS2 game is the end of April," he said. "Mind you, if Sony chooses, that could move (it is later than I had originally anticipated already)," admitted Svensson.

Expect the game to arrive as a 'PS2 Classic', which means it'll be an emulated version of the PS2 game without any HD changes or updates.

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 director creator Hideaki Itsuno originally only teased plans to revive the game on current consoles back in October 2012.

CVS2 pits Capcom's Street Fighter's against a gallery of SNK's finest brawlers and brought together their divergent fighting systems. It is highly regarded in competitive fighting game circles and still does the rounds in tournaments.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/397050/capcom-vs-snk-2-bound-for-psn-in-april/

Are you excited about it?

capcom2.jpg

PS: I did not find this info in another topic, but If someone has already posted it then feel free to lock this.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
How did the ps2 version fare against the original?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
What's there to be excited about if you already own it on the PS2, Xbox or gamecube? Having said that the xbox and gamecube version's we're pant's with the "easy operation" system implemented into the gameplay.

Last edited:

FrancisGC

n00b
PS2 Classic? That's a shame, with all the re-releases of older arcade fighters lately that have online play adapted to them.

Even if online isn't ideal, it's a nice bonus feature to have.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
What's there to be excited about if you already own it on the PS2, Xbox or gamecube? Having said that the xbox and gamecube version's we're pant's with the "easy operation" system implemented into the gameplay.

Yep. I'd might bite if I didn't already have it for Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube. Plus PS2 emulation on the PS3 tends to have input lag so that's another issue.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
yeah I expressed excitement in the other thread, but I actually was half awake and assumed it was a real release like third strike and mvc2 before it. The ps2 version of cvs2 has been on the jpn PSN for awhile... i have no interest. cool for the people who don't have a dreamcast/ps2/SD TV anymore I guess

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This wold be ballsmazing if it was a legit Arcade port or HD remix.. but really? the PS2 version?

Though I suppose playing it on the vita would be somewhat legit.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Most likely there gonna release it as a PS2 classic then later re-release it with online and all that like they did with Darkstalkers and all the others and then CvS3 will follow

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Most likely there gonna release it as a PS2 classic then later re-release it with online and all that like they did with Darkstalkers and all the others and then Ultimate Capcom VS SNK VS My Little Pony Fighter: Special Online Lag Fest HD Remix will follow

Fixed.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The Japanese PS2 version had online play and the PSN version does too. Does anybody know if the net play can be used outside of Japan? I want to terrorize with my Todo.

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
This wold be ballsmazing if it was a legit Arcade port or HD remix.. but really? the PS2 version?

Though I suppose playing it on the vita would be somewhat legit.

Yes to HD remix!!! and boy, I'd love to have this on my Vita.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I've only got it on Xbox, so it won't play on my X360. But that gamepad is ass for fighters, so I'm definitely picking this up when it drops!

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I thought there were loads of licensing issues with the capcom/snk agreement and that it would've been a headache to renew. Does this mean we can hope for a CVS3? With the recent duck tales remake announced, dare I say capcom are starting to listen to their fans?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I thought there were loads of licensing issues with the capcom/snk agreement and that it would've been a headache to renew. Does this mean we can hope for a CVS3?

I'm hoping for this SO very badly! I'd only want it if they kept it purely 2D though, like 3rd Strike/KOFXIII. I'm not a fan of the 3D models and the way they look in MVC 3.

dare I say capcom are starting to listen to their fans?

Not exactly holding my breath on that one. I'll believe that when I see it!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Here's a curiosity though...

With all of the recent talk concerning backwards compatibility (or the lack thereof, in this case), what is the point in bringing out... well, pretty much anything at this point... if they're just going to squash the servers in favor of the newer hardware?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Here's a curiosity though...

With all of the recent talk concerning backwards compatibility (or the lack thereof, in this case), what is the point in bringing out... well, pretty much anything at this point... if they're just going to squash the servers in favor of the newer hardware?

You should read the fine print on downloadable games. It's very eye opening, you do realize that you are only "renting" the game right? They have every right to take it away when they feel they don't have to support it anymore. When I get home I'll get you a pic of what the manual for the 3DS says about eShop games. That's why when a game is offered for download at full retail price I get all types of pissed. Next gen have tons of DLC? No thanks.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sometimes I have this feeling that having no broadband access is a blessing in disguise.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You should read the fine print on downloadable games. It's very eye opening, you do realize that you are only "renting" the game right? They have every right to take it away when they feel they don't have to support it anymore. When I get home I'll get you a pic of what the manual for the 3DS says about eShop games. That's why when a game is offered for download at full retail price I get all types of pissed. Next gen have tons of DLC? No thanks.

LOL! That's rich! I count *my* blessings that I figured exactly that stand (online purchases are rentals) and decided long ago to give up on console greed completely. I have my pc and I am working on the retro console collection...the new crap just doesn't do it for me.

On a side note, I had some friends over last night and both of them rabidly freaked out when I brought up the possibility of Sony killing the current incarnation of PSN in favor of the new system's network. The reaction was quite amusing actually...both of them got super angry in an "I'm entitled to keep access to my stuff" kind of way, and I just kind of chuckled.

I would also be interested in seeing that 3DS fine print panda...if only to get a laugh :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sheesh, I'd be a sucker if I went and bought the PSN version. But I do love the game, playing the naomi version its not terribly different to the PS2. Just feels more natural on the naomi though.