Capcom Fighting Collection Coming June 2022

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Actually super hype. All the Darkstalkers with net code? Yes please. Only thing I'm confused about is where is the SF Alpha 3 Double Upper. Last Street Fighter Alpha 3 we got was the shitty CPS version. Why is Capcom holding on to the good versions of Alpha 3?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Actually super hype. All the Darkstalkers with net code? Yes please. Only thing I'm confused about is where is the SF Alpha 3 Double Upper. Last Street Fighter Alpha 3 we got was the shitty CPS version. Why is Capcom holding on to the good versions of Alpha 3?

I don't see any Alpha at all...

tbone3969!

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Blah... how many times can I play the same games over and over again. I guess Red Earth is interesting as I believe this is the first time its playable outside of the CPS3 arcade system.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i wish Capcom Fighting Jam would have made the list instead of 5 Darkstalkers game. All you need is Vampire Savior.

Star Gladiator, JoJo, Rival School, Street Fighter EX2 plus would have been nice too.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
i wish Capcom Fighting Jam would have made the list instead of 5 Darkstalkers game. All you need is Vampire Savior.

I disagree totally.

Star Gladiator, JoJo, Rival School, Street Fighter EX2 plus would have been nice too.

Star Gladiator, Rival Schools and EX are 3D, Jojo requires extra licensing. They were going for a theme, I think they achieved it. These are the 2D fighters of the mid 90s not called Street Fighter that ran on Capcom arcade PCBs.

I will probably get this but I need a stick. I already have Street Fighter Collection for Switch but haven’t played it for the stick issue.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I disagree totally.

Star Gladiator, Rival Schools and EX are 3D, Jojo requires extra licensing. They were going for a theme, I think they achieved it. These are the 2D fighters of the mid 90s not called Street Fighter that ran on Capcom arcade PCBs.

I will probably get this but I need a stick. I already have Street Fighter Collection for Switch but haven’t played it for the stick issue.

i really want to play capcom fighting jam. This was a time when i wasn't playing video games at all. Would like to see how it plays on Vs. i think the cast of characters are great and different fighting mechanics would make it unique.

tbone3969!

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i really want to play capcom fighting jam. This was a time when i wasn't playing video games at all. Would like to see how it plays on Vs. i think the cast of characters are great and different fighting mechanics would make it unique.
Just play it on PS2 or XBOX. I've had that game for over a decade.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Just play it on PS2 or XBOX. I've had that game for over a decade.
i have it for PS2 but i want to actually play people online. All these games will have rollback netcoding so the will be quite good.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You can for sure skip this game.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
This game will have zero people playing it online within a month (except for maybe Puzzle Fighter). Splitting up the already small potential online community between 10 different games (especially games that not a lot of people are interested in in the first place) is a recipe for a barren wasteland.

Also, CFJ/E is Mugen-level garbage that fails at every aspect of making a compelling fighting game and Alpha 3 Upper is the shitty version of Alpha 3.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Also, CFJ/E is Mugen-level garbage that fails at every aspect of making a compelling fighting game and Alpha 3 Upper is the shitty version of Alpha 3.
#facts

It's a mediocre collection and an odd assortment of games to throw together.

Honestly separate DS and Alpha (including Pocket and Puzzle Fighter) collections with net code make far more sense.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
This game will have zero people playing it online within a month (except for maybe Puzzle Fighter). Splitting up the already small potential online community between 10 different games (especially games that not a lot of people are interested in in the first place) is a recipe for a barren wasteland.

Don’t forget the part where people will blame others for it not selling/ people not playing the games, which will be the further reason why there hasn’t been nor will be a new Darkstalkers game.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I see people asking for a new DS all the time. Do you guys honestly trust Capcom to make that and have it not be total shit? I sure as hell don't.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That is as dumb an opinion as naming yourself after that ass-ugly HD Remix. Also, Hunter > Savior

I would have liked to have seen the Jojos, but I'm pretty sure they can't rerelease them now.

I know it isn't exactly a fighting game, but a Powerstone update would be nice.
Yeah, I'd love that. I think they are as much fighting games as Smash Bros. (which I don't consider fighting games, but there seem to be a lot of people who do)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I see people asking for a new DS all the time. Do you guys honestly trust Capcom to make that and have it not be total shit? I sure as hell don't.
Maybe I’m wrong but it’s one of those things that people call for but in the end it won’t sell. I think I’m so jaded after being so disinterested in Street Fighter V and didn’t have any interest and still haven’t played the Marvel crossover game.

I’d rather see a fun Rival Schools game. Power stone would be good too, but moreover I’d like a fun not soulless Street Fighter game since that is already in the works.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That is as dumb an opinion as naming yourself after that ass-ugly HD Remix. Also, Hunter > Savior

I would have liked to have seen the Jojos, but I'm pretty sure they can't rerelease them now.

Yeah, I'd love that. I think they are as much fighting games as Smash Bros. (which I don't consider fighting games, but there seem to be a lot of people who do)
5 darkstalkers game is overkill period. I rather having multiples of different games.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Should’ve just ported Vampire Resurrection or made the original backwards compatible. Hyper Street Fighter should’ve been on the SF collection and is pointless here. The puzzle/gem games should’ve been their own more fleshed out collection (like vampire resurrection or sf3 online). Warzard and Cyberbots are cool I guess. Really weird mishmash of games in a shitty wrapper.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I rather having multiples of different games.
The Darkstalkers games play differently enough to be worth it. You saying Savior by itself would be enough means you aren't a fan or know shit about the franchise. I guess I could live with them leaving off the first game and Vampire Savior 1. But I'd rather have them than Capcom Fucking Jam.

And about Rival Schools, I loved those games back in the day (mostly the first one), but that PSX-era 3D has aged horribly. I don't think there would be a lot of people playing them if they just ported the original games.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
The Darkstalkers games play differently enough to be worth it. You saying Savior by itself would be enough means you aren't a fan or know shit about the franchise. I guess I could live with them leaving off the first game and Vampire Savior 1. But I'd rather have them than Capcom Fucking Jam.

And about Rival Schools, I loved those games back in the day (mostly the first one), but that PSX-era 3D has aged horribly. I don't think there would be a lot of people playing them if they just ported the original games.
I have the big blue arcade1up. No one plays the other darkstalkers game except for vampire saviors. The only competitive one that gets played in tournaments is Vampire Savior which i competed in major tournaments.

Night Warriors is great and they are different games but i dont want a divided fighterbase.

30th Anniversary was hard enough to find matches btw i was ranked #1 in hyper fighting in the world. Having Alpha3, Turd strike, hyper fighting, and ST really split the community. Having 5 Darkstalkers games will thin it out even more. I mean 3 of them probably wont even have players in lobbies. It would have just been VS & Night Warriors and if you had to choose majority vote would got to VS.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

I made thread about it all ready https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/capcom-fighter-collection.267721/ Like i said i hope the emulation is done right compare to capcom arcade stadium.The most i'm interested in for it is vampire savior and red earth.