Capcom Collector's Pics, Kits & Documentation

grigri

n00b
Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating to this thread. And thank you, sneek, especially, for creating it.

I've been looking for this kind of thread for years as I really like CPS2 games and I wanted to get some information.
I've always wanted to know if Megaman The Power Battle did exist. In Akiba, for instance, they told me it did not, even in green.

However, it seems that some pics are no longer displayed correctly, I guess they comme from your personal website, sneek, could you fix the links?

It's funny because I've always dreamt of awebsite dedicated to CPS2 as you mentionned in your first post. Something like ng.com with all the information you'd need... Anyway.

I'm also looking for the blue CPS2 I'm missing that is:

Megaman The Power Battle
Megaman 2 The Power Fighters
Battle Circuit
Progear
Puzz Loop 2
(not blue japanese)

If anyone is ready to sell one of those or if you know somebody ready to sell one for a good price, please contact me :)

Mainman: your private message box is full, so I reply to you here.
I've never seen a euro Puzz Loop 2 but Bahamut told me he had one. I asked him some pics but he has not replied yet.

You can have a look at my collection here, below the Atomiswave part. Sorry no mint full kit as posted above...

http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/showpost.php?p=682946&postcount=2

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating to this thread. And thank you, sneek, especially, for creating it.

I've been looking for this kind of thread for years as I really like CPS2 games and I wanted to get some information.
I've always wanted to know if Megaman The Power Battle did exist. In Akiba, for instance, they told me it did not, even in green.

However, it seems that some pics are no longer displayed correctly, I guess they comme from your personal website, sneek, could you fix the links?

It's funny because I've always dreamt of awebsite dedicated to CPS2 as you mentionned in your first post. Something like ng.com with all the information you'd need... Anyway.

Megaman The Power Battle
Battle Circuit
Progear
Puzz Loop 2
(not blue japanese)

If anyone is ready to sell one of those or if you know somebody ready to sell one for a good price, please contact me :)

I've never seen a euro Puzz Loop 2 but Bahamut told me he had one. I asked him some pics but he has not replied yet.

You can have a look at my collection here, below the Atomiswave part. Sorry no mint full kit as posted above...

That's a very impressive loose collection of everything you got there!

Not sure this section of the forum is best to try and look for a sale as it's most relevant for the display of CPS2 though. Your best bet is to PM or to search the ZDTF section for anyone selling CPS2 stuff.

grigri

n00b
Thank you.

Indeed, you must be right. I've never understood why this section was called Zeldasomething ^^

Too many sections in this forum to me.

I'll go have a look when I've time.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Hello everyone,

Megaman The Power Battle
Battle Circuit
Progear
Puzz Loop 2
(not blue japanese)

How many times did you put a green board in a blue shell there. Like we just pm about, those boards in blue are hard/expensive finds.

Out of curiosity I just sorted through all my puzz loops and nope they are all Japanese in blue shells.

Here another cps 2 site started by lions3

http://cpscodex.com/

grigri

n00b
Thank you for the link. :)

I've changed the shell (green to blue) for these games:
- Battle Circuit
- Megaman 2 The Power Fighters
- Vampire Savior 2 The Lord of Vampire
- Janpai Puzzle Chōkō
- Quiz Nanairo Dreams Miracle of the Rainbow Colored Town
- Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha

These games are "conversions":

- Progear
- Hyper Street Fighter II The Anniversary Edition

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Thank you for the link. :)

I've changed the shell (green to blue) for these games:
- Battle Circuit
- Megaman 2 The Power Fighters
- Vampire Savior 2 The Lord of Vampire
- Janpai Puzzle Chōkō
- Quiz Nanairo Dreams Miracle of the Rainbow Colored Town
- Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha

These games are "conversions":

- Progear
- Hyper Street Fighter II The Anniversary Edition

I don't understand why did you change the shells, you got something against green.

grigri

n00b
Nothing espacially^^

The first game I bought was blue, I just wanted a collection with all the games with the same color, that's all.
Which is not possible as not all the games exist in blue and some Japanese games don't exist in green...

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Most people hate grey boards with a passion. Nobody wants them and I have tons of them.

grigri

n00b
Well, I was thinking, that, maybe, one day, I'll try to collect the other colors as well...

It's just that I like samey collections. (can I say that, samey?)

Maybe I'll contact you then ^^

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Nothing espacially^^

The first game I bought was blue, I just wanted a collection with all the games with the same color, that's all.
Which is not possible as not all the games exist in blue and some Japanese games don't exist in green...

Should keep your boards in the same region/color shell as you find them. Shell swapping is weird. It's like seeing a turtle in a shell God didn't give him: Looks very strange.

Part of the fun of collecting is searching for a board just the way you want it. The satisfaction that comes from the find is worth the effort.

Last edited:

grigri

n00b
Well, I don't believe in God ^^
I agree with you that's it's really satisfying when you finally find a game you've be looking for for ages, and I'm still searching for the missing boards. When I get them, I'll sell the ones for which I changed the shell.
And as I said, some games don't exist in blue, I wanted to play with those games anyway and changing the shell is very simple and costs nothing...

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Well, I don't believe in God ^^ ...

:eek_2:

Then just buy a Chinese Capcom games. Much cheaper and easier to find that the Japanese Capcom games. And if you want a blue plastic shell to go with the board, and a bunch of art, then just ask the vendor. I'm sure he can make you some.

... When I get them, I'll sell the ones for which I changed the shell. And as I said, some games don't exist in blue, I wanted to play with those games anyway and changing the shell is very simple and costs nothing...

Imho, sticker and shell swapping is weird.

Some games CAPCOM did not publish in a BLUE shell.

And a lot of people are cool with that--they get the Green one.

No big deal.

Last edited:

sneek

Rugal's Thug

Been out of the arcade scene for a while :( so have let the thread go to crap.

I have however sent a lot of pics that were in this thread to Richy which has put them on his site.