Cap America PCB + Jamma Adapter on neo candy cab = super hot?

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I just picked up a Captain America and the Avengers PCB and went to play it for the first time on my neo candy cab using the JNX Jamma adapter. I play all of my bare pcbs on this set up. But first time I booted it, I got good video but no sound, just some crackles. I got nervous turned it off, made sure everything looked good, and tried again, 2nd try I got audio, damn loud. So I turned it way down and went to play but as I moved the board I touched something damn hot, almost burnt skin hot. I thought it was the board but it was the 2 caps on the jamma adapter.

Is there something different with the PCB where I shoudnt be using it on my set up? There is 2 vol. knobs, is it stereo and is that the problem?

It works, but I dont trust how ultra hot that was. Sorry if this is a stupid question with a easy answer, I wasnt sure what to search.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I would verify that adapter is working fine. Have you tried a different Jamma board?

Last edited:

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Yep, everything else is aok and anything else I try is fine. I still haven't tried that pcb again, my only other thought is to pop it in another jamma cab and see what happens.