Can someone give a condensed version of all the NG drama from back in the day?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I read some of this "history" of the neo scene, and I must have missed the murder.
I especially liked the thread where that one schmuck was trying to pawn off a $200+ consolized GBA after he failed to sell it for $180 on NintendoAge and tried to say making a consolized NGPC would cost 700 fucking dollarydoos.

For $700, you could hire someone to analyze the logic of the LCD screen on the NGPC and convert it to NTSC/PAL.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I read some of this "history" of the neo scene, and I must have missed the murder.
I especially liked the thread where that one schmuck was trying to pawn off a $200+ consolized GBA after he failed to sell it for $180 on NintendoAge and tried to say making a consolized NGPC would cost 700 fucking dollarydoos.

For $700, you could hire someone to analyze the logic of the LCD screen on the NGPC and convert it to NTSC/PAL.

how the hell did you miss the murder? literally type murder in the search bar and its right there.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member

an oldie but a goodie

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
6JfdguA.jpg

Attachments

• 6JfdguA.jpg
    6JfdguA.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 199

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
holy shit almost forgot about that auto tune remix

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
holy shit almost forgot about that auto tune remix

I've cliked on this link a hundred times and this remix still gets me everytime :lolz:

It truely deserved the post of year award IMO :keke:

Don

Camel Slug
in short, two guys said fuck you snk, we are snk so we can do what we want with your shit. then some guy was like I used to work for snk, buy these games for $30k each, 1 guy said "I can't afford it anymore, can i haz refunds to buy statue?"

lol this is great

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Great thread, although yes I could have searched too... I will be searching murder next to find out about that...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Great thread, although yes I could have searched too... I will be searching murder next to find out about that...

The funny thing is the key witness in the trial said that she made the whole thing up and the state basically said "We don't care if she lied, fuck that guy, he's staying in jail".

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
AF3 still tops my list. Now waiting for AF4 to be discovered at some random ex snk ceo's long lost storage to relive the drama.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You and me both, brother.

A *2D* proto...I mean, can you imagine? With the beautiful stylings of the samshos character select screens...

Oh hell yes. Those screens were so amazing that it made me sad that the system had so much potential.

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Boy, just think of how different things would be had the Hyper Neo Geo 64 actually done well and survived. We might have seen Neo support up until just a few years ago. Failed projects always make me wonder what if...

I do however appreciate the support the NG:DEV has given in producing new games. I've not played any on NG hardware but I have Gunlord for DC and I honestly enjoyed the heck out of it, albeit a bit short and sort of easy. I'd love to see one more developer enter the arena and produce a few games here and there.

powerflower

Banned
The thing is that the Hyper64 wasn't that bad at all. 60fps all the way but Polygons wasn't SNK's turf. At that time even Namco ( putting out Winning Run 1989 on System 21) was struggling against Sega's Model 3 HW which smoked everthing real time Poly game related on this planet at that time.

SNK should have released a "Boost/System Cart" like PCE to compete at least with Saturn's awesome 2D capabilities. Just look how awesome Neo Fighters were on PCE with Arcade Card. They even managed zooming/scaling and Neo Saturn conversons didn't come close when playing back/emulating YM2610 sound. Yeah BGM was redbook audio but FX's were horrible.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would've loved some more titles for the Hyper Neo and owning one can really drive that home. Too bad they released this thing in '97 bit late and not enough oomph.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lachlan, the last nail was already hammered, what are you doing?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I've read a few things about Dion but I also hear mentions of other names from time to time when discussing with people, but in reality, I'd love to know the full stories. Can anyone provide a good Cliff notes version or at least provide links to the threads discussing all of the bad shit that used to go down? Thanks in advance.
there used to be a lot more animosity towards bootlegs. You'd just have to mention a bootleg, and then you'd get flamed off the board.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
joe8 gets flamed all the time for the diarrhea that comes out of his mouth.

Likely still thinks Composite Video is better than Component or S-Video.

Not really drama.