Broken Sprite Graphics Problem

chromesphere

New Challenger
Hey guys,

My blues journey cart is playing up. I noticed this a while ago when i first got it but didnt investigate because i figured it was a dirty contact. I have cleaned the contacts well but the problem still remains.

Basically this happens randomly in a couple of specific spots. So there will be graphics for hte ground plane, they will end up in the sky, and the water will disappear then reappear, etc. The 'landscape' messes up so its all over hte place, then as i keep walking it all comes good again. It happens everytime at the same places.

Also Blue will sometimes split in half. So say there's the box that blues sprite appears, it will split, and say his front half will be at the back.

Hope that makes some sort of sense. It doesn't ruin the game but its a fairly significant glitch which is distracting. Wondering if anyone would know the cause?

Cheers for any help!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Reads like one of your C Roms has stopped functioning properly and needs replacing.
BB

chromesphere

New Challenger
Reads like one of your C Roms has stopped functioning properly and needs replacing.
BB

Thanks Big Bear.
Dam, i was afraid of that.
I gave the pins another clean and i dont know if it was just coincendence but the game didnt glitch nearly as much as before (2 runs through). I will try once last clean of the contacts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don’t think it’s the C roms, the flip-flops are prone to failure but very easy to replace. They are the LS273s that connect to the C roms. I think there’s only two on the board for Blues.