Britian rules the whole world in heavy weight boxing.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Anthony Joshua beats Charles Martin to win IBF world heavyweight title
Martins got Knocked down like a feather ,that was pure class by AJ
Not forgetting Tayson fury with the other two belts,

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You guys have to be good in at least one sport I suppose.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
What the hell is boxing? Something to do with boxes, I'm guessing.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Is boxing still as rigged as when I used to pay attention to it?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
The Heavyweight division has been trash for over a decade and a half now. Anthony Joshua has alot of talent but beating Charles Martin, who isn't anyone special isn't saying much. He needs to be tested, especially his chin and stamina for later rounds. Deontay Wilder could test him but I don't think much of Wilder either, so there's that. Fury beat Klitschko for the titles and he gets credit for it but Wlad is so far past it, he looked very bad and alot of the time Fury was just standing in front of him and he wouldn't throw. It's definitely not the 90s, when you had Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Evander Holyfield with the other tiers of Ike Ibeabuchi, David Tua, Ray Mercer, Michael Moorer, etc.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
The heavyweight division has been pretty bad viewing for a long time, the last really classy champ was lennox lewis IMO, the klitschko brothers bore me to tears.
What has happened to the american's??? there was a time you could go whistle in the door of a boxing gym and call out half a dozen decent heavyweights, so sad that the premier division in boxing has been cheapened so badly that we got a BUM called tyson fury as a world champion, guy's not fit to lick the boots of some of the 90's boy's.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
It's a generation thing I bet you got people from this 70s moaning about the champs from the 80's or 90's,
You can only fight what's in front of you,
This is a birth of a great champ no matter what people say.
Hail the new king of world boxing.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I agree, the heavyweight division is lacklustre, but there are still many good fights to be found outside of the heavyweight division. I'm looking forward to Canelo vs. Khan. At some point, we are also going to have to see Canelo vs. GGG.

cat

It's a generation thing I bet you got people from this 70s moaning about the champs from the 80's or 90's,
You can only fight what's in front of you,
This is a birth of a great champ no matter what people say.
Hail the new king of world boxing.

I don't know neoman, i think a good hall of famer sticks out no matter what generation he fights in, AJ is a good'un if a little inexperienced, but no amount of arm twisting will get me to say anything good about TF.

Welterweight division is the bomb at the moment we got a great world class boxer/puncher in Kell Brook and you've also got, garcia, thurman and vargas, some real good fights in the mix with these guy's.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Outside of heavyweight, welter and middle is definitely where it's at. Some fine boxers in those divisions over the past decade.
Heavyweight boxing is horrible. It's not a generation thing it's just shit. The money has been elsewhere. Speaking of which Mayweather and Pacquiao brought in all the attention to those mid weight divisions in hitherto unseen ways.
Boxing will always be a lot more interesting than MMA at least potentially. No sport quite like it

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
200px-MT_Punch-Out_mike_tyson.png

I didn't know Mike Tyson was British. ya learn something every day.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The heavyweight division has been pretty bad viewing for a long time, the last really classy champ was lennox lewis IMO, the klitschko brothers bore me to tears.

You found Lennox Lewis interesting?

For me Heavy weight was always about Tyson in the 80's. Now that was some good shit! Once he started sticking his dick where it shouldn't have been and get done by Hollyfield it was all over. :(

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

For me Heavy weight was always about Tyson in the 80's. Now that was some good shit! Once he started sticking his dick where it shouldn't have been and get done by Hollyfield it was all over. :(

Fuck that gold digging bitch Robin Givens...

cat

No definately not interesting themot but at least he could box and punch with a bit of venom.
Iron mike is a legend and up there with marvelous marvin as a real badass and all time sporting hero of mine, when lennox beat him he was a pale shadow, although the press conference was a hoot with the 2 of them rolling around and tyson biting his leg.

remember this one with rahman,

lol i miss the old day's.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Britain maybe kings of golf today too, though it could all still change....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Britian rules the whole world in heavy weight boxing.
Anthony Joshua beats Charles Martin to win IBF world heavyweight title
Martins got Knocked down like a feather ,that was pure class by AJ
Not forgetting Tayson fury with the other two belts,
Apparently, Britain trails the world in spelling, punctuation and grammar.

lol@"Britian" and lol@ "Britiash" pride.