BOTM February: Mad Stalker - Full Metal Force

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Flip side to that, though...I bet if i'd put rehashed/recycled Capcom games on the list, the turnout would have been much different. No one wants to try anything new, and would rather stay in their comfort zone.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 282,471 - Stage 2 (Boss) - Hound Dog - Playstation

Spoiler:
Mad Stalker score - 282,471.png

Been meaning to play this earlier this month, but just been busy doing stuff around the house since it's been so unseasonably nice as of late. First time playing this game though, and I'm really having fun with it. Also, the second boss looks like he's wearing M.D. Geist's power suit, which is friggin' awesome! :D

EDIT: Much better run.

Beelzebub - 845,260 - Stage 5 - Hound Dog - Playstation

Spoiler:
Mad Stalker score - 845,260.png

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 1,715,571 - Stage 6 - Hound Dog - Playstation

Mad Stalker score - 1,715,571.png

I had an "ALL" score prior to this, but I forgot I had reset my psone, so it reverted back to the default difficulty level of easy. This run is now on the correct difficulty setting. :p

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Beelzebub - 1,715,571 - Stage 6 - Hound Dog - Playstation

I had an "ALL" score prior to this, but I forgot I had reset my psone, so it reverted back to the default difficulty level of easy. This run is now on the correct difficulty setting. :p

Nice. Yeah, I'll note that my score was on normal difficulty. Actually, I think it was "Norml".

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Nice. Yeah, I'll note that my score was on normal difficulty. Actually, I think it was "Norml".

Haha, yeah I was laughing at some of the ridiculously obvious typos in the game.

Been also trying to get a PCE emulator running so I can try that version out. Though the 32 and 64 bit versions of mednafen aren't working for me for some reason. :/ Might have to try it on the Xbox version of mednafen...

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 688,903 - Stage 4 - Hound Dog - Sharp X68000(Emulator)

Mad Stalker X68K score - 688,903.png

Wow, all I have to say is that this version is way harder than the PS1 version. It took me several tries just to get passed the Stage 2 boss. You really have to watch the bosses patterns in this one and fight accordingly.

I think it was "Nomal".

I don't know why the PS1 version has so many typos, the X68K is typo free and much cleaner looking. Must've been a rushed job.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Grats to ASID, edging out Beez by a tad for the win this month. Hope you guys enjoyed playing something a little different this time.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Grats to ASID, edging out Beez by a tad for the win this month. Hope you guys enjoyed playing something a little different this time.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Thanks

EDIT: Great choice for a game. But, again, I have to give jeers to those non-participting voters.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Congrats Andsuchisdeath! :D

Was meaning to get a couple more runs in before the end of the month, but got distracted. This was a very fun game though, and I enjoyed playing it. I agree with ASID's sentiments on non-participating voters too. I understand being busy, or getting preoccupied, but this game is actually a pretty quick run. I never played it before last month, and I didn't have to invest that much time to playing before I almost had the 1CC in my hands.