Blast City Club

urmyokazu

New Challenger
lol, those are also M4x12

ulzs5GG.png

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice, yeah an M4x12 fits perfectly in there and screws tight without the flange nut. Thanks again.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Just a side note: If anyone in the Gulf Coast is interested in a Blast and/or a New Net City, I'll be letting mine go fairly soon. Pictures and thread should go up later this week. I won't be shipping; gotta keep them down south :down:. The closer to New Orleans the better.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I need help with a low voltage problem. With a PCB installed, I get a max of 4.86v at the PCB edge. Without a game installed, the voltage is around 5.4v (adjusted to max). I tried two separate power supplies and both have been recapped. Because of the low voltage, my Smash TV and Nintendo boards are not working right. Some of my other boards are working fine with the low voltage. What's going on?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I need help with a low voltage problem. With a PCB installed, I get a max of 4.86v at the PCB edge. Without a game installed, the voltage is around 5.4v (adjusted to max). I tried two separate power supplies and both have been recapped. Because of the low voltage, my Smash TV and Nintendo boards are not working right. Some of my other boards are working fine with the low voltage. What's going on?

Smash tv is a beast, maybe because I have to use a negatron as well (this game needs -5v which blast doesn't have out the gate). I turn up the line though and can still get 5.1 at the edge. Maybe try cleaning your 56pin connector real well, they can get corroded and drop voltage. Also you do have a negatron right?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Clean the power connectors on the IO board as well with Deoxit or something similar. Those get dirty too.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I do have a negation. The game worked for a while, but started getting worse over time. I'll try the IO board clean next.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Anyone know where I can get a yoke flip kit for my Blast City? I messaged FrancoB about his, but I never heard back from him. I had heard he no longer does the cab wiring stuff anymore anyways.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Anyone know where I can get a yoke flip kit for my Blast City? I messaged FrancoB about his, but I never heard back from him. I had heard he no longer does the cab wiring stuff anymore anyways.

IIRC you just switch two wires on the chassis, they pull right out and plug into each other's place. Someone else will have to tell you which wires though.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I recently got the monitor working on my 'handyman special' Blast City cab from cdamm. Looks great and I'm super pleased with it!

Now I've got one dedicated tate cab and one hori cab....the best of both worlds!

WRstvNq.jpg

nBOzVWG.jpg

7fxqaP8.jpg

Westcb

IIRC you just switch two wires on the chassis, they pull right out and plug into each other's place. Someone else will have to tell you which wires though.

He wants the kit that you flip a switch so he won't have to constantly flip wires as some games are reversed and there is no onboard dip switch that can change it.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Those look sick Kuze, congrats man.

Where'd you get your marquees?

Thanks bro! I got both marquees from Spectre on AO on a previous group buy he did. Hadn't been able to put the Sam Sho one to use until now though.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Damn, I really need to get me a spectre marquee or two (or three...).

I have two hori cabs (one blast city, one net city) and a vert net city, but I can't play JAMMA boards in the net city. I'm really not trying to re-loom it to JAMMA seeing as I use it for NAOMI, 360, and occasional mame / type X stuff with the JVS setup. I'm stuck between waiting until I buy a house to have room for a vert blast, or paying the obnoxious price for a good JVS to Jamma converter for the vert net city.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
He wants the kit that you flip a switch so he won't have to constantly flip wires as some games are reversed and there is no onboard dip switch that can change it.

This ^. I can change the yoke wires, but I want the fancy switches.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Looks great! That's exactly what I want - one hori, one vert. Just need another cab!! ;)

Thanks man! I believe JMKurtz has some Neo cabs he's looking to sell here in Austin if you're looking.

Damn, I really need to get me a spectre marquee or two (or three...).

I have two hori cabs (one blast city, one net city) and a vert net city, but I can't play JAMMA boards in the net city. I'm really not trying to re-loom it to JAMMA seeing as I use it for NAOMI, 360, and occasional mame / type X stuff with the JVS setup. I'm stuck between waiting until I buy a house to have room for a vert blast, or paying the obnoxious price for a good JVS to Jamma converter for the vert net city.

Yeah you should definitely get in on his next run, I think he's slated it for around Easter next year. If you decide to re-loom your net city, you can still hook up a Naomi/TypeX/etc using a Capcom I/O. On the other hand though, the Net City is a perfect Naomi cab and I can totally understand not having a desire to re-loom it.

Westcb

Thanks man! I believe JMKurtz has some Neo cabs he's looking to sell here in Austin if you're looking.

Yeah you should definitely get in on his next run, I think he's slated it for around Easter next year. If you decide to re-loom your net city, you can still hook up a Naomi/TypeX/etc using a Capcom I/O. On the other hand though, the Net City is a perfect Naomi cab and I can totally understand not having a desire to re-loom it.

Or just get the Alberto jvs and jamma harness. I had one and it was awesome and a cinch to change back and forth.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice pair kuze! Great choice of games too.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice pair kuze! Great choice of games too.

Thanks Chem! You were right about 'Galuda 2, such a fun game and kickass soundtrack. Definitely one of my favorites.

I've been giving SF2X a good bit of play lately too and while I'm terrible at it, it's such a masterpiece for the genre and makes me want to keep practicing and improving my game.

Congrats Kuze, all that hard work paid off!

Thanks for dealing w/ all my PM's throughout the process! It definitely paid off, though it wouldn't have been such a pain in the ass had I just waited for my MS2933 and thrown that in to begin with. Fits perfectly in the MS2931 tray and was about as easy to install as possible compared to the MS2930, due to the different tray/frame and connections.

Hey guys I'm a novice cabinet enthusiast looking for some advice. I've been thinking about getting a cab for like the last 2 years now, and been creepin' on the forums for just as long. I first fell in love with the Blast City and all its glory and was dead set on getting one, but over the past few months i've kinda been leaning towards getting a Vewlix L. Budget wise , the blast city seems like the way to go, but i was wondering if it'd create any headaches in the long run. I understand fixing it up is half the fun, but I'm really afraid of getting a monitor with screen burn or eventually getting screen burn after years of use on a blast city. Should the vewlix L on the other hand get any problems that need fixing it seems easier to fix since some of the parts aren't hard to find. I know this is a weird thread to ask this question on but what i want to know is, should I get a Blast city or Vewlix L ? i'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions please.

Westcb

Hey guys I'm a novice cabinet enthusiast looking for some advice. I've been thinking about getting a cab for like the last 2 years now, and been creepin' on the forums for just as long. I first fell in love with the Blast City and all its glory and was dead set on getting one, but over the past few months i've kinda been leaning towards getting a Vewlix L. Budget wise , the blast city seems like the way to go, but i was wondering if it'd create any headaches in the long run. I understand fixing it up is half the fun, but I'm really afraid of getting a monitor with screen burn or eventually getting screen burn after years of use on a blast city. Should the vewlix L on the other hand get any problems that need fixing it seems easier to fix since some of the parts aren't hard to find. I know this is a weird thread to ask this question on but what i want to know is, should I get a Blast city or Vewlix L ? i'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions please.

Not enough info to say... If your playing jamma then blast city period. If your playing VGA only a vewlix is fine. You won't get screen burn in a home environment unless your a clown and leave your cab on all the time even when your not playing it for about 10 hours a day 7 days a week. I'd say just get a blast city for real arcade boards, and a vewlix if your just going to put a console inside it and try to have the arcade experience.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I do have a negation. The game worked for a while, but started getting worse over time. I'll try the IO board clean next.

Swapped out the IO board with an extra and I got the a full 5.3v at the game's edge connector. Smash TV is working again. The board look fairly simple, just 5 each 16v/220uf caps on it. Not much else to go wrong. I didn't see any corrosion either. I am going to recap both of my boards for good measure. Thanks, for the help.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

I have both of these cabinets and I agree with what westcb said. Blast for JAMMA stuff, Vewlix for JVS/HD console use. There will be some hoops you need to jump through to get your consoles working in the Vewlix, but I can give you some pointers since I have my Xbox One in mine. :D