Blast City Club

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Thanks for your offer, its great to know I am in good hands surrounded with such talented members :)
For now I just wired straight to the JPAC and works well. I will be changing the wires later on for a more professional harness, when the time comes I will certainly let you know! ;)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Thanks for your offer, its great to know I am in good hands surrounded with such talented members :)
For now I just wired straight to the JPAC and works well. I will be changing the wires later on for a more professional harness, when the time comes I will certainly let you know! ;)

oh had I known you needed one, I would have just tossed a jst to bare wire loom along with the 001 you bought from me , free of charge. I have a box full of cut up looms and stuff.;)

glad you got it taken care of.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
When he says help he means make a super nice high quality harness that you won't be able to find easily for a great price. Lemon drop can be modest at times so I'm going to sell him up ;-)

Aww man.. Thanks for the kind words! Just looking to help my blast city bros get their game on :)

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I need some help hooking up Smash TV to my Blast. The PCB powers up fine, but no sounds. I was told I need -5v for sound to work. Does the Blast provide -5v that I can tap into?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I need some help hooking up Smash TV to my Blast. The PCB powers up fine, but no sounds. I was told I need -5v for sound to work. Does the Blast provide -5v that I can tap into?

It doesn't. You're going to need a negatron to get -5v. I'm sure a member here has one you can get.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

Post a pic of your panel if you can, would like to see how you did yours.

Westcb

Alright so I decided to tackle the missing paint on the move strip glass tonight you can see in this pic it was chipping pretty bad. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423357877.206078.jpg
So I scrubbed the black off with a green scour pad pretty easily. Checked it and really missed having a border. Then I started digging in my tool box for some painters tape to mask off with so I could spray but found this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423357984.829921.jpg
Decided I would forgo painting for a quick check and sure enough it turned out great. No more chipping move strip border :-)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423358058.370038.jpg
Hindsight it didn't bother me too bad but now that I fixed it just makes the art look a little cleaner. I may still paint one of the other ones as some of my move strips could use just a little extra border as they are a little bit smaller then the viewable area. Plus it keeps me tinkering with the cabs till my next project gets here in two weeks :-)

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Thanks to everyone on the -5v adaptor. I do have another question... I tried hooking up my 60-in-1 board and cannot get the picture to stop scrolling. I did not see a picture hold pot on the monitor finger board. Is there one on the main chassis? My other game boards do not do this.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Ready to have some fun :D

convergence strips.jpg

- so... from my understanding.. as long as I use only one hand to put those strips and keep the other hand safe in my pocket, I should not get shocked right?

Btw what happens if some strip over time falls into the chassis/yoke? Can it cause damage at some point, do I need to fix it with anything extra to avoid unexpected falls -ie when moving the cab to another apartment-?

Westcb

View attachment 22749

- so... from my understanding.. as long as I use only one hand to put those strips and keep the other hand safe in my pocket, I should not get shocked right?

Btw what happens if some strip over time falls into the chassis/yoke? Can it cause damage at some point, do I need to fix it with anything extra to avoid unexpected falls -ie when moving the cab to another apartment-?

Clean the tube real well. Remove the cover on the adhesive (red area) and it will stick fine. I wouldn't worry about shocks from under the yoke and doing this with one hand in your pocket would make it tricky. It's easier for me to be behind the tube with a mirror setup on the otherside so you can see what your doing. You will then have a free hand to hold the strip in place while you press down on the adhesive part to secure it to the tube with the other. So remember, a CLEAN dry surface is key to having the strips stay in place. If one did fall out it would be unlikely to cause any damage so don't stress :-)

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

View attachment 22749

Still haven't had time to use mine, so let us know how it goes!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
This may seem obvious, but I didn't think of it until I had already started doing mine...removing any hand/wrist jewelry is nice, also...have somebody else in the room with you juuuust in case. Feeling and seeing all the hair on my arm stand up when I'd get close to the back of the tube for placing the tabs was rather alarming...

View attachment 22749

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
It looks like something from the outer world is inside this tube :D
Definetely a friend will be with me, not only to check but also to help out taking the monitor from the cab :D

Just to confirm, only wires attached to the monitor are these coming to the CP right?
Afterwards all I need to do is to remove the 4 screws on each corner, and have a can of spinachs :D

Thanks a lot for all the advices, the super day has been set to friday :D, will let you know how it goes :D

Westcb

^ this.

Hey btw Wes next time you come we'll have to redo convergence my CRTs ;)

Sure will! We can test out your Sony ones to see if there is any difference with the added length. Just leave it to "Magic Carpet" to take care of it :-) but let's knock out the panel early so we don't make more left handed candy panels.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Sure will! We can test out your Sony ones to see if there is any difference with the added length. Just leave it to "Magic Carpet" to take care of it :-) but let's knock out the panel early so we don't make more left handed candy panels.

hey, you have a one of a kind now :D