Blast City Club

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
glad you got it all working ! have fun , trying roms after roms is lot more fun when you're sitting down :)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Finished the wiring harnesses on my metal slug blast. Still haven't installed art yet because of weather but will have it done by the spring. Will have to repaint the black masking around the move strip holder too. I have a custom metal slug move strip I may use anyways but the diamond plate with bullet holes is growing on me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422824751.885565.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422824763.064638.jpg

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The fan on my PSU sounded like a jet engine grinding through shrapnel, so I replaced the fan. The one with right size and similar power specs had a blue LED in it, so now I have a Blast with ground FX?

u84bx89l.jpg

I went with a fan meant to be silent. It doesn't have the extreme airflow that a lot of modern PC case fans have, but I figure my old Blast fan wasn't pumping much air anyway. :)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Nice. One of my net city PSU's has a blue fan in it too, not that I ever see it.

Westcb

The fan on my PSU sounded like a jet engine grinding through shrapnel, so I replaced the fan. The one with right size and similar power specs had a blue LED in it, so now I have a Blast with ground FX?

u84bx89l.jpg

I went with a fan meant to be silent. It doesn't have the extreme airflow that a lot of modern PC case fans have, but I figure my old Blast fan wasn't pumping much air anyway. :)

Haha yeah I did the same on mine. I used green, red, and blue. If I get a fourth I guess I'll have to get a different one. I get residual light inside my cab from it too a bit, so there's that at least :-)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
wes, can't wait to see the side art installed, then I'll probably regret selling the kit to you lol ! you know my buddy just scrapped off the black paint of his move strip cover, turned out pretty good :D

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
^^ probably right, but I'd probably go with some smoke bubbletops:

186_source__37374.1405451408.1024.768.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
those FA Nippon meshballs look cool but sucks if you wear rights, the meshing is just a plastic cover. gets all chewed up...

Westcb

I like both those ball tops, I tried to get gun metal gray shaft covers and dust washers but paradise ran out of the dust washers. The black looks very bland in the pics but looks better in person. I can't wait to get the art on wish it would just warm up for a week to let me get the painting done.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I wouldn't know.....

...... I only fuxx wit the OG sanwa Dark Hai meshies.....

...... my pimp rings would body those cheap knockoffs....

Westcb

I wouldn't know.....

...... I only fuxx wit the OG sanwa Dark Hai meshies.....

...... my pimp rings would body those cheap knockoffs....

I am googling those ball tops now :-) I would love to explain to the wife after I lose my wedding ring that I took it off so I wouldn't scratch my balls.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
The only way to fly.

Honestly its too bad FA Nippon's replacement offering is such filth.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Received today the extra 3 button wires for each player:

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/Cabinet-Parts/Wiring/Sega-Extra-Button-Loom-600-6227-10-/prod_85.html

I plugged these in the CP on the "option/aux kick" as described in the wiring guide:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

But I am not getting JPAC to recognize any of these extra buttons.

I noticed that the "option/aux" is wired to the CN10. Is this normal? Do I need to do any more wiring to enable these buttons? Any parts needed?

kick.jpg

Edited: white wires are supposed to be GND, these are on pins 4 and 8

Last edited:

Westcb

Received today the extra 3 button wires for each player:

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/Cabinet-Parts/Wiring/Sega-Extra-Button-Loom-600-6227-10-/prod_85.html

I plugged these in the CP on the "option/aux kick" as described in the wiring guide:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

But I am not getting JPAC to recognize any of these extra buttons.

I noticed that the "option/aux" is wired to the CN10. Is this normal? Do I need to do any more wiring to enable these buttons? Any parts needed?

View attachment 22626

Edited: white wires are supposed to be GND, these are on pins 4 and 8

Where on your jpac do you have the wires going to? There should be 3 screw terminals, did you wire those to the I/o will be a jst connector. If you just hook up a kick harness under the panel that will not lead the wires anywhere. The one you linked in the post is for capcom style. Which that requires another set of cables going from the I/o back to the jpac. Of course you can just wires the buttons straight to the jpac and fish the wires down through the panel to the I/o board as well.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Well I just plugged hoping that would work :D
I have not wired anything on the jpac. From the CP, the wires of the aux go to the CN10 connector. I use the 001 loom.

Easiest way would be to wire directly to the JPAC then?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Well I just plugged hoping that would work :D
I have not wired anything on the jpac. From the CP, the wires of the aux go to the CN10 connector. I use the 001 loom.

Easiest way would be to wire directly to the JPAC then?

There's two ways:

Get an 8 pin JST connector and wire it to the jpac

Get a blast cps2 harness and a custom CPS2 socket breakout.

The cps2 harness allows for compatibility with anything that has the capcom cps2 socket If you so choose. If you're only gong to use MAME, the the breakout 8pin harness is for you.

I can help with either, if you'd like :)

Westcb

There's two ways:

Get an 8 pin JST connector and wire it to the jpac

Get a blast cps2 harness and a custom CPS2 socket breakout.

The cps2 harness allows for compatibility with anything that has the capcom cps2 socket If you so choose. If you're only gong to use MAME, the the breakout 8pin harness is for you.

I can help with either, if you'd like :)

When he says help he means make a super nice high quality harness that you won't be able to find easily for a great price. Lemon drop can be modest at times so I'm going to sell him up ;-)