Blast City Club

clutch

Geese's Thug
I became a member today. So I shall have plenty of noob questions for you guys!

1) I got a Soul Calibur PCB. Plugged it into the jamma harness and it works. Can you change the resolutions or is it set? I just want to be sure I am running at max potential.

2) Important to me. I hooked up my computer to the monitor. Everything works but there is a bad buzzing coming out of the speakers. How do I prevent this?

Here she is:

blastcity.jpg

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
congrats!!

The monitor will auto adjust to the right resolution. If the game has an DIP for resolution then you could put it to hi res (like Naomi for ex)

clutch

Geese's Thug
Cool. I hooked up to one of the video outs on the pcb just for kicks and the colors were all smeared to heck so who knows what it was trying to do.

Any ideas on the buzz? I can hear the buzz for about two seconds until the pcb game kicks in.

If I have nothing at all plugged in and just turn on the empty cab, I get the buzz. :(

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Cool. I hooked up to one of the video outs on the pcb just for kicks and the colors were all smeared to heck so who knows what it was trying to do.

Any ideas on the buzz? I can hear the buzz for about two seconds until the pcb game kicks in.

If I have nothing at all plugged in and just turn on the empty cab, I get the buzz. :(

Do you have an audio amp in there?

Check your audio amp and make sure it's grounded (make sure the whole cab is grounded, too).

You could also try replacing the audio amp.

hedorah

New Challenger
I replied on AO, but I will repost my message here just in case anyone else has any other ideas.

I had a similar question regarding my blast. I noticed if I had something plugged into both the Jamma harness and the VGA port on the monitor the blast was not a happy camper. Specifically it would attempt to display both images which just ended up being a garbled screen. This could be resolved by unplugging the board connected to the Jamma harness, but then I was in a situation where I was not delivering a load to the PSU.. :confused:

clutch

Geese's Thug
At this point, I don't even know where the speaker wires are. It is basically a pcb on the coin box that everything plugs into and a big psu. How do I check to see if the cab is grounded? What if I use a power cord with the the third ground wire instead of the one that came with it which is just the two-bladed variety?

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
There should be a ground screw on your PSU. Connect the prong on the new cord to that - I also think Blast City's had grounding straps/screws on the rear. You can sort of ghetto ground it to test by running a lead from that screw/strap to something metal and grounded like a radiator pipe, third prong in the wall socket, your dryer (don't turn it on....), etc.

If you have sound for your Soul Edge PCB - you shouldn't have an amp in there.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Problem solved. Chalk it up to ignorance. When I had the Soul Calibur PCB plugged in, I had to crank the volume wide open. Of course, when nothing is going in and the volume is wide open, you will hear a buzz. I connected the two rca cables to my audio out on the computer and I only have to turn the volume up just a bit to get good sound. Whew.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yes welcome to the club. We need to come up with something to put something in our sig to notate we are proud BC owners.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Thanks! I'm loving it so far. The screen does have some burn in, but I only really notice it when the screen is totally blue. It is also a 2933 monitor instead of the 2931 that I was told it was.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Did Blast City's come with clear plexi over the control panel?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Nope, just the overlay.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Yes welcome to the club. We need to come up with something to put something in our sig to notate we are proud BC owners.

I was bored earlier and came up with the image below:

Now we just need someone to draft up a charter, something akin to that found for a Yacht Club, such as this. I call dibs on the "Rear Commodore" position.

blastcitylogo.jpg

Fritz

15 Year Member
The file was too large, I just resized it so it should work now.

edit: don't use the upload function at the bottom or it will give you a error for image size, just use the code button.

Last edited:

clutch

Geese's Thug
Got everything cleaned up and hooked up. It all makes sense now. Looking back I sure had some dumb questions. Lol! I can't decide if I want to leave the marquee lit or not. If I do, I'm going to have to diffuse the light some. It is bright!

clutch

Geese's Thug
Are there any other settings you can make to the monitor other than the on-screen ones from the front control panel? I couldn't find anything that corresponded to the pots shown in the bass fishing manual.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
You need to open up the back panel and on the right side of the chassis theres a series of pots that you can adjust. Page 50 of the bass manual. But it's a pain in the ass with the monitor inside the cab.
Bit easier to adjust with another person there that can check the monitor or if you have big mirror it could work too.

clutch

Geese's Thug
Yeah, there's no way I can see them. I don't even see how I could get a mirror in there and a screwdriver at the same time. I did find the pots for focus and screen. They are right in back. I just thought I'd try to punch the color up a bit. Thanks for your help.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
I didnt mean to put the mirror in there, but outside in front of the cab to see the adjustments. But even that it might be hard to see the mirror itself.
Best way is to just remove the monitor.

Last edited:

clutch

Geese's Thug