Blasphemous - 2D souls like game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
yeah I saw the trailer for this today. the mere fact that it's 2D reminds me of Chakan, which is a great thing.
looks lovely

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Looks good but man I am so sick of kickstarted crap. There are/were a few games I backed that are 2+ years late

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the animation looks amazing. and the art work is quite disturbing. i haven't played dark souls, but it reminds me a lot of the early silent hill games with the whole pagan cult imagery.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
yeah I saw the trailer for this today. the mere fact that it's 2D reminds me of Chakan, which is a great thing.
looks lovely

got a chakan nostalgia vibe when I saw it too lol. If I could nitpick, I don't really dig the drill hat, but I LOVE everything else about this.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Holy fuck. that video...that music...that occult/religious theme; Blasphemous looks all kinds of crazy; oh, I am so in!!!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Doesn't look half bad, the art style reminds me of Another World and Flashback. Oh and an OSX version.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That game looks incredible and very polished. Love the gothic themes

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Don't get me wrong, game looks dope and I really dig the art direction. On the other hand I'm sick and tired of this 8bit retro blocky look. Wish they had gone with a hi-resolution 2D approach.

And yeah, Kickstarter. Still waiting for so many backed games.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
this looks super good. give me all the demonic themes and pixel art, plz. no complaints here as long as it plays well.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The dude that whips himself does to himself damage also, you can see he flashes as if hit by the player. That is not a mechanic you often see in a game, with exception to situations where the AI hurts itself from splash damage while trying to attack the player.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Can I call it now and say that our hero's name is Drilldo? Like... a drill dildo?

I think I'll just wait to give my money until the game is actually out. I hated Salt and Sanctuary and disliked Slain, and both of those games promised me a lot more than they delivered on.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yeah. Slain was garbage and I remain iffy on this one

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Im not going to kickstart it since its having no issues hitting all its stretch goals. I'll wait and hope for the best. I am impressed with what i see so far though.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Im not going to kickstart it since its having no issues hitting all its stretch goals. I'll wait and hope for the best. I am impressed with what i see so far though.

seconded.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I'm really hoping they end up getting the resources for a console release.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, game looks dope and I really dig the art direction. On the other hand I'm sick and tired of this 8bit retro blocky look. Wish they had gone with a hi-resolution 2D approach.

And yeah, Kickstarter. Still waiting for so many backed games.

Have you played "The Last Door?" This is HD by comparison.