Black Matrix AD and Evil Twin (Dreamcast)...

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Anyone know anything about these? Been meaning to pick them up for a long time now but I haven't learned enough about them.

Can Black Matrix AD be figured out with minimal Japanese knowledge? Any good faqs for it?

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Evil twin is pretty ropey.
I had it on the PS2. Dodgy camera, annoying level design, constant 'fatal falls' in every level etc etc etc.
Voice acting is quite good though.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Originally posted by toy_brain:
<strong>Evil twin is pretty ropey.
I had it on the PS2. Dodgy camera, annoying level design, constant 'fatal falls' in every level etc etc etc.
Voice acting is quite good though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks. :)

What are the character designs and such like?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Black Matrix is playable without japanese knowlegde, but yur not gonna get very far. There are lots of FAQ's. I think there are more for the saturn version than the DC, but it is the same game mostly. It was rereleased on the DC, so check to see which version it is before you buy a copy.

It's a beautiful game . This is one i really wish was translated.

mog

Bead Banger
Black Matrix A/D is really sweet. It's pretty much Final Fantasy Tactics without the job system. It's got a really neat setting and is about as playable as any of the Langrisser games in Japanese.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
<strong>

Thanks. :)

What are the character designs and such like?</strong><hr></blockquote>Think of 'American Mcgees Alice' and you'll have the general idea.

Like a grimy, gritty, childs farytale.
Lots of tattered teddybears, a scruffy main character and other designs that look disturbing without actually being scary.
Colours are all fairly dark, with intentionally faded reds and greens.

I quite liked the main charachter, Cyprien. He had some good, witty dialogue, (and some mildly foul language) but the rest of the game is just not up to scratch - which was a shame because I really enjoy a good platform game.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Heh they both sounds like games I'd enjoy on character design alone. ;)

Eric

Fight On!,
<a href="http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/previews/aug01/eviltwin.html" target="_blank">Evil Twin Preview</a>

Includes a 59 mb trailer.

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: Eric]

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: Eric ]</p>

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
I have evil twin for dreamcast. It feels very rushed. the framerate isn't the least bit constant, and even though the manual says it has 60hz option, it doesn't. In fact the manual is one of the most badly done i've ever seen, all the controls in the manual are different to the actual game. Also, the loading times are quite bad and i just got bored off it after a few hours.

Nice collectors item though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone play the PS2 version of evil twin? is it any different than the DC version?