Bitcoin Winners

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object

Eh, wouldn't call it a pop yet. Just been studying crytocurrency a bit and the crap that happened with Bitcoin Cash really put a damper on things. Honestly a pretty good time to buy in and sell out quick on the rebound if you want quick & easy money.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It has fallen like this pretty routinely in the past, but maybe not with this many people watching and thinking about jumping into a market with periodic >30% contractions.

Hopefully it recovers quickly. I don't want to find out the hard way how many people mortgaged their homes to buy BTC.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
It has fallen like this pretty routinely in the past, but maybe not with this many people watching and thinking about jumping into a market with periodic >30% contractions.

Hopefully it recovers quickly. I don't want to find out the hard way how many people mortgaged their homes to buy BTC.

Yeah, I've got a bit invested, but just holding at this point. (Not talking a lot.) I wanted to throw a good bit at one, but the market I use is having issues...of course.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I am exercising patience right now. I'm going to wait for the eventual pop or sustained bear market. Then when the wheat is separated from the chaff, hopefully I can capitalize on it. Maybe I'll reinvest gains on AES collection and make even moar money.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
What bitcoin has over other cryptos (I just made that up, fuck I'm good) is it's fame. That makes it volatile but also attractive to the point that it is a reasonably secure bet as long legislation doesn't come in swinging

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
My Bitcoin went up greatly in price but I ended up pulling it out to pay off some credit card debt.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't have any BTC but I've made 150% profit in 2 weeks. I average about 10% per day.

Hoping to make my first million in a couple of years... yeah right.

It's a fun game though. Better than playing Contra.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I prefer to stick with video game investing rather than internet money. Even if the market crashes, I'll still have games to play.

It's also pretty sad that people are using real resources (computers, power, etc) to "mine" fake currency.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
video game investing

5-1.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I prefer to stick with video game investing rather than internet money. Even if the market crashes, I'll still have games to play.

It's also pretty sad that people are using real resources (computers, power, etc) to "mine" fake currency.

I know you are not serious, but...
I think we all justified our vg collections with their value. Then i realized how little it's actually appreciated compared to a normal index fund. And again i realized how much of a pain it is to sell 100's of games over time. That is a lot of labor.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

What’s fake about it? What’s sad about it? People are turning it into fiat currency. Seems pretty real to me.

My profits which I have the ability to pay my bills or credit card with is all real.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
What’s fake about it? What’s sad about it? People are turning it into fiat currency. Seems pretty real to me.

My profits which I have the ability to pay my bills or credit card with is all real.

I've been messing around with it a bit too, since all the hype. Not big money, just a small amount that I am prepared to lose should it all go to shit. I made a bit on Ripple in December, but then cashed it out just before it shot up. I'd have made a quick $3k on a small investment had I sat on it a week longer. I've learnt my lesson now though, and won't be doing the same next time one seems to be on the rise.

Anyone got any tips on what might be the next big one? I just bought some TRX, as that has shot up recently, and the creator has said they're announcing a big partnership next week.

Don't listen to me though, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. It's just a bit of fun at the moment.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hodl bro

My big holds are XRP and TRX. Made 1k yesterday off the TRX boom.

BTC is surging, alts will bleed. Hodl ;)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Hodl bro

My big holds are XRP and TRX. Made 1k yesterday off the TRX boom.

BTC is surging, alts will bleed. Hodl ;)

Yeah, I was a bit late to the TRX party, but at 20cents there is still plenty of room to make a nice profit :glee:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Perhaps this is a silly question...but what exactly do you do with this currency? I know th person to person trade bla, bla, bla...what I’m asking is you have $1M in bitcoin, you want to buy a new car, or pay off your house. How do you take theBC and turn it into real currency?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
buy drugs
sites like coinbase let you convert your internet shekels to real money (after taking a heavy cut of course).

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Big money doesn't matter (People who win the lottery often still end up in debt). How much you make doesn't matter. I know people who make 6 figures they live paycheck to paycheck. It's all about sound budgeting and saving. My girlfriend is good at this - I'm not really. I used to be when I moved out for the first time.