BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Spoiler:

It was this scene, along with another one, that made me think the show was worth checking out.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Randomly started watching PK Dick's Electric Dreams on Amazon...with each episode being a separate story they vary in quality.

Watched 4 so far...they range from pretty decent to completely stupid. High production quality, though.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Randomly started watching PK Dick's Electric Dreams on Amazon...with each episode being a separate story they vary in quality.

Watched 4 so far...they range from pretty decent to completely stupid. High production quality, though.
Yeah, I watched all of that a few months back, and it does vary in quality wildly. Most end up being kind of garbage, unfortunately. I don't know if that comes down to the original stories not being the greatest, or if they were just poorly adapted.

But the worst was the episode with Steve Buscemi. Once you get through that one, the rest of the series is at least tolerable.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, I watched all of that a few months back, and it does vary in quality wildly. Most end up being kind of garbage, unfortunately. I don't know if that comes down to the original stories not being the greatest, or if they were just poorly adapted.

But the worst was the episode with Steve Buscemi. Once you get through that one, the rest of the series is at least tolerable.
The one episode I remember liking was the VR game maker who uses the headset to enter the vr world. Hard to tell which was reality.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Late on Teh Boys train but I watched it recently (I actually started it to test my new 4k tv lol) and I loved it, despite the edginess and how you could see the restraint of the writers to not go full DONALD DRUMPF on the second season. Great stuff, can't wait for season three.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The one episode I remember liking was the VR game maker who uses the headset to enter the vr world. Hard to tell which was reality.

That one was solid. So was the one with the factory that survives a nuclear war. The episode with bryan cranston is a solid 7.5/10, the only other one I've watched was the one with greg kinnear and it was unoriginal crap...

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

80s Japanimation based on Mattel's vehicle toy line of the same name, which I loved. I bought the whole series on DVD for about $15--I was surprised that there are 65 episodes total, I don't remember it lasting anywhere near that long when I was a kid. I've only watched four episodes so far, but, they basically fly to a different planet each time, looking for Jayce's father, Audric, and Saw Boss and his Monster Minds (evil sentient plants that transform into vehicles, don't ask) fucks with them in one way or another. I was always disappointed that the toy line had generic dudes in jumpsuits instead of Jayce, Herc (Han Solo wannabe), Flora, Gillian, and Oon from this show. This series is neither great nor terrible, just typical toyline tie-in silliness. Even if you didn't grow up with, or remember, the toys, it's still a decent sci-fi fantasy cartoon.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Watched The Serpent on Netflix. It was rough, especially the first 2 episodes but got somewhat better pretty quickly. It's still pretty flawed for a bunch of reasons. I'd say it's worth watching but don't expect too much.

It's based loosely on a true story of a guy who travels around Asia in the 70s with his buddy/henchman and girlfriend and they drug, rob, murder then steal the identities of their victims who are all hippy travelers mostly in Thailand and India. None of the authorities seem to care about any of this and aren't linking the murders together so they're simply written off as drug smuggling related deaths.

The guy that puts it all together is a Dutch consulate employee and it takes him years to get anyone to listen to him. They murder something like 10 or 12 people over the course of 8 years.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Invincible has been pretty stellar so far. Bit of a deviation from the comic in last week's episode, but still pretty gnarly. Bummer it's only 8 episodes this season.

Wife and I started watching Debris. It's allegedly by one of the Fringe dudes. We loved Fringe and this show has a pretty close feel to Fringe, but it lacks a character like Walter Bishop as the everyman/explain-o-tron. They use a lot of terms that dont make any sense, and we don't have a Walter to tell us "Well back in the 60s we used to experiment with tachyon particles and..." to make the terminology feel more real. It's a decent show but it needs to start picking up a bit, otherwise it'll get boring.

Also started watching Attack on Titan. Not sure if we have any weebs here but they should have called it A Talk on Titan. I'm intrigued by the story but there is WAY too much talking, even for anime.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Titan is great. It gets better.
When? We're in ep 20 of the first season. It started very interesting but now it's just constant "should I trust the commander" conversations. Gets old, mane.
Make with the titans and fightings and female skinless titans over here. Stop monologuing.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yeah Attack on Titan started out awesome but became a slog. At the point when the humans started fighting each other I pulled out. I don't remember what episode I was on. Season 2 or 3.

My sister read the whole manga and told me it was great but the manga has such horrible artwork, bleh man.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Um, French/Canadian. Not Japanese.

The animation studios were Japanese. The characters, animation, and look/feel screams anime. From Wikipedia:

"Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (French: Jayce et les Conquérants de la Lumière) is a French/Canadian animated TV show which was first broadcast on TF1 on September 9, 1985.[1] on the block Salut les p'tits loups !, and eventually on September 16, 1985 in the United States in syndication. It was produced by DiC Audiovisuel (originally distributed for syndication by SFM Entertainment) and animated by the Japanese animation studios Sunrise, Shaft, Studio Giants, Studio Look and Swan Production.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Mystery Road Season 2....

It's essentially an Aboriginie Police Detective that is caught between both worlds...

One is his heritage and the other is the duties he has to perform as a serving Detective...

The acting is top notch considering it's budget and the stories always keep you guessing...

May not be everyones cup of tea but I really enjoy the Mystery Road films and TV series...

xROTx

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When? We're in ep 20 of the first season. It started very interesting but now it's just constant "should I trust the commander" conversations. Gets old, mane.
Make with the titans and fightings and female skinless titans over here. Stop monologuing.
Cant make everyone happy. Nbd. You’ll always have Marvel Universe.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I distinctly remember in 2010 telling someone, 'yeah I'll start reading Attack on Titan when it's finished. I don't want to wait for it while reading.'

Now it's done, and I don't care anymore.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Exterminate All The Brutes- A documentary series based on 3 books the first of which is where the title comes from the other 2 are Silencing the Past and An Indigenous People History of the United Staes.

It's an extremely pretentious, meandering, disjointed and slow history of racism and genocide. Ugh. The disjointedness makes sense from a compare/contrast and cause/effect approach but man it just does not work.

It's on HBO, I don't recommend it aside from the historical photos, film clips etc.

Josh Hartnet stars in the scripted scenes and they are terrible.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I’m not here to sell you on the show. I think the final season has been fantastic.
You're kinda selling me on it. I left shortly after that giant ugly titan was crawling around. Its just the annoyance of figuring out where I was without spoiling myself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're kinda selling me on it. I left shortly after that giant ugly titan was crawling around. Its just the annoyance of figuring out where I was without spoiling myself.
A lot has happened. The world is a lot bigger than what you have seen.