BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Daredevil is awesome. The stuff with The Punisher and anything with Kingpin is great. It's also a lot more violent the the other Netflix Marvel series.

Missed the Halt and Catch Fire finale premier tonight but have high hopes.
Finally gave DD a fair shot and enjoying it, watched four episodes in quick succession.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Jessica Jones season 1 is fantastic.
Daredevil season 1 is great
Daredevil season 2 is good, but falls apart near the end
Luke Cage is mediocre
Defenders is bad
Iron Fist is really, really bad

I mostly agree, but it seems I liked Luke Cage more than you did. I was expecting something a little different than what we got, but I thought it was well worth watching.

I had high hopes for Defenders and was let down greatly. I can't help but blame Iron Fist for bringing everything else down to its level. All of the things that ruined Defenders for me were Iron fist related.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Norseman was fantastic. Only 6 episodes and the first one you feel like they can't possibly "extend the joke" through a full season, but they pulled it off. They even managed to build a plot and develop characters. It's a spoof of "Vikings", but exceptionally well done.

Sounds great. I have to check this out.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I think it's one of those shows I'm growing to like with each episode. I didn't really like the first 2 episodes all that much, but the 3rd one was much better.

like all new shows, its hard to fully judge before ep 5 since thats usually how long it takes to get their bearings.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rick & Morty. I'd been hearing about how awesome it was for a while, and had read several reviews of the toys, so, I finally decided to just sit down, watch it, and see what all the fuss was about. Well, I went through all three seasons (with the exception of the season 3 finale, which will be airing shortly) in a few marathon binge sessions, and now I'm a full convert. Best adult animated show since South Park and Family Guy in my opinion. I wish I had an alcoholic, sociopathic, mad scientist Grandpa . . .

P.S. Pickle Rick is only the best thing ever.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
hey guys

Don't watch the Inhumans.

Seriously guys, don't.

It's worse than Iron Fist, Defenders, Agent Carter, or Agents of SHIELD by a long shot and I don't like any of those shows.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Philip K Dicks electric dreams.
Been looking forward to this for quite a while, a series of self contained stories based on Philip K Dick short stories, 2 episodes in and they've both been excellent.
Season 4 of black mirror is on the horizon as well and although they can be somewhat hit and miss, there's some great dark, disturbing sci-fi stories in the previous seasons.
Charlie Brooker's not only top draw with the black humour in his comedy, but also a very talented short story writer, and a gaming nut to boot.
Trailer for anybody who's interested.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
hey guys

Seriously guys, don't.

It's worse than Iron Fist, Defenders, Agent Carter, or Agents of SHIELD by a long shot and I don't like any of those shows.
Bad TV shows are my thing. :lol:

But seriously, I heard how bad Iron Fist was and I watched about 7 episodes so far and it doesn’t seem bad to me. Possible that I might have set my expectations very low though.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
hey guys

Seriously guys, don't.

I've heard this echoed time and time again from anyone who has seen it, so I NEED to experience it now. Your seriousness only strengthens my curiosity.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bad TV shows are my thing. :lol:

But seriously, I heard how bad Iron Fist was and I watched about 7 episodes so far and it doesn’t seem bad to me. Possible that I might have set my expectations very low though.

Actually liked Iron Fist. The fights were hot garbage and the lead was the weakest link but supporting cast was excellent; just like Cage.

Inhuman looks like shit though.

Going start watching Flash.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lucifer is back tonight, and The Gifted (Fox's new X-Men show) premieres as well.

DC has a great hit ratio lately, while Fox/X-Men is 1/1 with Legion being ridiculously good.

Marvel has to get their shit together. Jessica Jones season 2 and The Punisher had better be good.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lucifer is back tonight, and The Gifted (Fox's new X-Men show) premieres as well.

DC has a great hit ratio lately, while Fox/X-Men is 1/1 with Legion being ridiculously good.

Marvel has to get their shit together. Jessica Jones season 2 and The Punisher had better be good.

The punisher trailer looks ok. But I can’t take anymore backstory stuff from nflx.

You know what was great about Punisher Warzone? They touched on the backstory but didn’t suffocate you with it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The punisher trailer looks ok. But I can’t take anymore backstory stuff from nflx.

You know what was great about Punisher Warzone? They touched on the backstory but didn’t suffocate you with it.

I think we keep getting backstory from Marvel Netflix because it's cheaper than having the fully realized versions of the characters doing interesting shit in the present.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I think we keep getting backstory from Marvel Netflix because it's cheaper than having the fully realized versions of the characters doing interesting shit in the present.

I also get the feeling their mindset is that backstory is the only path to good character development.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Philip K Dicks electric dreams.
Been looking forward to this for quite a while, a series of self contained stories based on Philip K Dick short stories, 2 episodes in and they've both been excellent.
Season 4 of black mirror is on the horizon as well and although they can be somewhat hit and miss, there's some great dark, disturbing sci-fi stories in the previous seasons.
Charlie Brooker's not only top draw with the black humour in his comedy, but also a very talented short story writer, and a gaming nut to boot.
Trailer for anybody who's interested.

I watched this over the weekend and it’s like Black Mirror, but not as dark. Very dreamlike and surreal in episodes 2 and 3.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Gifted pilot was really well done. Predictable, but well shot and well acted. Good effects, good setup.