BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Guys, seriously, if the show is on NBC, CBS, or ABC it's probably garbage.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Orphan Black. Season 3 just started on BBC America.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Only old ladies watch CBS.

I know because my mother, grandmother, and both my aunts watch every show on CBS.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
shit i forgot true detective which got picked up for season 2

Tell me the preview for that doesn't look like complete garbage.

It's like "hey, let's take the skin of successful show, and drape it over this vegetable, like some creepy taxidermist, and parade it around."

Like some mugen game.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... Banshee wasn't too bad:D

I might watch the rest... I tried that weird biker show... Sons of Anarchy... Hated it...

I might try Black Sails next... I like pirates:p

xROTx

PS. Orphan Black sounds shit:D

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Utopia on Channel 4 is pretty good Rot. I think it's the second series has finished, eagerly awaiting the next!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Seriously, watch Hannibal. It will make you question what can be done on network television. It's intelligent, brutally violent and the second season finale is the best 60 minutes of TV I've seen since Breaking Bad ended.

Also,

Game of Thrones (obviously) - people who don't watch it because they think it's fantasy bullshit, just do it. It's nowhere near as douchey as LotR and, even if the thought of dragons and shit makes your blood curdle, there's nonstop violence, political intrigue and boobs to distract you from the occasional dragon.

Banshee
- Relatively under-the-radar action show on Cinemax that I've thoroughly enjoyed thus far. It gets ridiculous at times but the action scenes are pretty bad-ass for a relatively low-budget show.

Daredevil - Unless you really hate comic book stuff, watch the first season of Daredevil. It succeeds where all of the other stupid superhero shows from the last few years fail miserably (read: corny CW bullshit).

House of Cards - I thought Season 3 was meh but the first two seasons are definitely worth a watch.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Hannibal: awesome sociopath situations, lots of suspense, drama and creepy murders

Vikings: great battles, interesting characters, less drama and backstabbing than game of thrones

Better Call Saul:
11239627x18-el-da-en-que-m.jpg
lionel-hutz-in-poltrona.jpg

Louie: he does awesome stand up bits inside the episodes and they are extremely funny

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Concerning Hannibal...

It's just a bit TOO gory for me:D

xROTx

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I've been enjoying the 10 part mini-series Dig on USA. Really good if you like mystery/ suspense.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Banshee gets really good! Last season was just too good!

Another manly film i recommend would be Spartacus! Lots of gore, fucking, & male frontal nudity! It was glorious! The first 3 episodes seem like a 300 ripoff but it really gets good! "Once again gods spread cheeks & ram cock into fucking ass " Love that quote haha

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
only 2 shows i watch Street Outlaws (discovery) and Marco polo (netflix)

i stopped watching house of cards , stopped at last episode of season one. They lost me with the murder dont know why.

On one of the fox channels there is a history type show that i caught couple of episodes yesterday and it was pretty well done. They take a famous character and go in depth wild bill hickok was one a seen. Dont know the name of the show though.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Tell me the preview for that doesn't look like complete garbage.

It's like "hey, let's take the skin of successful show, and drape it over this vegetable, like some creepy taxidermist, and parade it around."

Like some mugen game.

Looks like your basic neo-noir...

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hannibal
Bates Motel
The Americans
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Vikings
Broadchurch
True Detective
American Horror Story

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
"Somebody say Columbo"

(Scroll to 1:45)

Last edited:

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
The only one im watching right now that's not listed already is the us version of Shameless. Its very funny and has william macy playing a alchololic dad.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Concerning Hannibal...

It's just a bit TOO gory for me:D

xROTx

I wanna make fun of you Rot but I kinda get it. Some of the violence in that show can make even the most seasoned gorehound... uncomfortable.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My wife likes that show. Kat Dennings is the only reason I don't leave the room.

I used to think the same thing until that blonde chick danced in that amish episode where she was grinding on someone.

Right now the only shows I enjoy:

Counting Cars
Grimm
Hawaii Five-O (Fun to see the ridiculous "actual" routes they takes that don't make sense, more of a local thing)
Bizarre Foods (New season just started)
Gold Rush (When it's on, just ended)
American Restoration
Sunny
Last Man on Earth
Louie

If I had the premium channels then I'd be watching a lot of the shows others have mentioned.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I really suggest Vikings if you like violence and medieval politics...though the religion stuff is getting to be a bit too much, though then again, maybe it was prevalent at those times. The women in this show are quite lovely too. And watching it in HD really captures how bleak medieval life might have been.

Also, Bates Motel. It is cooky at times, but visually it is a nice show to watch. The setting has a bit of a Twin Peaks vibe to it. And the actress that plays Emma is lovely.

Those are my only two must watch shows really. Other than that watch some reality TV, Survivor maybe.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Seriously, watch Hannibal. It will make you question what can be done on network television. It's intelligent, brutally violent and the second season finale is the best 60 minutes of TV I've seen since Breaking Bad ended.

Also,

Game of Thrones (obviously) - people who don't watch it because they think it's fantasy bullshit, just do it. It's nowhere near as douchey as LotR and, even if the thought of dragons and shit makes your blood curdle, there's nonstop violence, political intrigue and boobs to distract you from the occasional dragon.

Banshee
- Relatively under-the-radar action show on Cinemax that I've thoroughly enjoyed thus far. It gets ridiculous at times but the action scenes are pretty bad-ass for a relatively low-budget show.

Daredevil - Unless you really hate comic book stuff, watch the first season of Daredevil. It succeeds where all of the other stupid superhero shows from the last few years fail miserably (read: corny CW bullshit).

House of Cards - I thought Season 3 was meh but the first two seasons are definitely worth a watch.

corny CW bullshit? Arrow in its first season was excellent. It got worse. Give Daredevil time. Comic book heroes, by their very nature, come with a lot of filler.

If you want a comic book hero to transition to TV and not get corny, then you would need to have a set plan from the start, and not to try and squeeze more out of it. If Arrow was only 12 episodes, it would have been a lot tighter.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Arrow's first season was mediocre at best, season two was actually good, and season 3 is borderline terrible.

It's currently the third best DC comics show on the network. iZombie is better, and Flash is so much better it's not even funny.

At least Arrow is better than Gotham, SHIELD, or Agent Carter. Still haven't seen Powers and Constantine is dead.