BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It’s really good. I wish more shows like this existed. I definitely recommend it. One of the better series I have watched this year.
I actually checked the book out at the library (first time I went to the library in over three years.) its based on to read as well.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Anyone watched Star Trek Diacovery? I heard it’s hot dog shit but I’m going to check it out when Picard is over. Meanwhile I’ll be watching TOS because I’m gearing up to run an original series tabletop RPG with my gaming group lol.
It's not as good as Picard. Picard is more similar to the old Star Treks, like Next Generation.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
WTF, a new BOSCH series is coming out next week? Bosch Legacy. I thought the last season was…supposed to be the last.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Picard is about as similar to TNG as Johnny Dangerously is to Godfather 2.
Well, I don't think the story writing of Picard matches that of TNG. But I was talking about other aspects of it as well, including the general 'feel' of the show.
The reviews of Picard have been generally postive, as well.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
WTF, a new BOSCH series is coming out next week? Bosch Legacy. I thought the last season was…supposed to be the last.
Yeah, just saw an ad for it pretty surprising. I thought the series kind of wore out it's welcome hopefully this will better than the last season. It looks like Honey Chandler is going to be a larger character which could be interesting.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, just saw an ad for it pretty surprising. I thought the series kind of wore out it's welcome hopefully this will better than the last season. It looks like Honey Chandler is going to be a larger character which could be interesting.

It’s apparently greenlit for a 2nd season already.

I guess it’s in FreeVee which ia formerly IMDB tV. I guess it’s free, you just need an Amazon account.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bottom- I found out this is on Amazon Prime and watched 6 episodes. I had seen bits and pieces years ago but remembered nothing except the opening. Gotta say I'm a bit surprised by it, it retains some similar elements from The Young Ones. Like the constant bickering, crassness, poverty and everything being absolutely filthy. But it doesn't have the sense of fun or creativity. I still found it somewhat enjoyable but it's just kind of unpleasant and extremely juvenile. I guess I expected more considering it made by Rick Mayall and the guy that played Vivian.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well the ending of Moon Knight was expectedly underwhelming. Lots of potential with Isaac in the lead role(s), but a really short 'season' with fairly short eps and no real superbad (other than basically a Kaiju fight) it just fell flat.

Meh. Personally I think it's the lowest tier of MCU shows, right there with Hawkeye (which was somewhat entertaining), not counting the Netflix shitshows that were Iron Fist and Luke "lets walk around saying the N word for 10 eps" Cage.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Moon Knight is worse than Hawkeye, easily. At least Black Widow's sister shows up and saves a couple episodes. She was the best part about the Black Widow movie and the Hawkeye show. Just give her a movie of her own.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished Ozark. It was a mostly solid way to end things, mostly. I dunno, going to have to have a bit of a think on it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Done watching the last episode of Ozark. Overall, top show but I felt they kinda dropped the ball at the end. For me, they didn't nail the landing.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
What the fuck was that Moon Knight Ending, lol.
They were swearing up and down that it was a one-and-done season, no 2nd etc etc but the way they left it open with that credits scene was obviously setting up another season.

All told, I wasn't super impressed with M'Knight.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wonder if we’ll see Layla again. The “are you an Egyptian superhero” bit made me think they’d like to expand on that.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if we’ll see Layla again. The “are you an Egyptian superhero” bit made me think they’d like to expand on that.

For a moment there, when Khonshu was trying to use her as her avatar I figured "oh ok, so Didnee and Marvel decided to make a Miss Moon Knight" but thankfully she just did her... Egyptian.. bird.. lady.

Anyone else find it funny that the dude that directed the show (an Egyptian fella) was complaining that Egypt is never portrayed right, just like a whole desert, and how Wonder Woman 2 (which admittedly blew fat chunks) was insulting to Egypt because it looked like a desert.

And then 99.9% of Moon Knight's outside scenes were... in the Egyptian sand.

SHADDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Pentaverate- So this is Mike Meyers new series on Netflix and it's fucking weird as hell. It's about an illuminati style secret organization of guys (4 of which are Meyers) that control the world and an elderly Canadian newscaster that is trying to uncover them. Meyers of course plays multiple characters, like seriously a lot of characters. it also stars Keegan Michael Keye and Debbie Mazzar as well as a bunch of seemingly random yet also surprisingly fitting celebrity cameos.

It has a kind of WWDITS and Miracle Workers vibe but with a 60's James Bondesque villain theme carried over from Austin Powers. Lots of not so subtle commentary on politics, classism, conspiracy theories and pop culture. There's a lot of very juvenile dick and poop jokes which are sometimes extremely , almost excruciatingly elaborate. The humor doesn't always land but at times it is extremely funny. It's also super Canadian.

Only 2 episodes in but it has some potential.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The Pentaverate- So this is Mike Meyers new series on Netflix and it's fucking weird as hell. It's about an illuminati style secret organization of guys (4 of which are Meyers) that control the world and an elderly Canadian newscaster that is trying to uncover them. Meyers of course plays multiple characters, like seriously a lot of characters. it also stars Keegan Michael Keye and Debbie Mazzar as well as a bunch of seemingly random yet also surprisingly fitting celebrity cameos.

It has a kind of WWDITS and Miracle Workers vibe but with a 60's James Bondesque villain theme carried over from Austin Powers. Lots of not so subtle commentary on politics, classism, conspiracy theories and pop culture. There's a lot of very juvenile dick and poop jokes which are sometimes extremely , almost excruciatingly elaborate. The humor doesn't always land but at times it is extremely funny. It's also super Canadian.

Only 2 episodes in but it has some potential.
In case you're not aware, the Pentaverate is based on this quick scene from one of Mike Meyers' best movies:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Halo: Episode... whatever.

Fuck me the only thing that is anywhere near the source material is the name of the show, the Mjolnir armor (which is nearly never even fucking featured) and the voice actress for Cortana.

It's beyond me how far off the mark this show is in nearly every aspect. This last episode I watched, Chief and some made-for-the-show-character meet up in the astral plane - yes... the astral plane - and they are standing on Halo. And there are no less than two SLOW vertical pans to show it's the Halo. But all you see is what you'd normally see in the background, with that forced perspective view of the ring off in the distance. So ok, maybe they have 1 more thing accurate.

But otherwise, fuck I just have no idea. I'm at a loss and only continue to watch out of morbid curiosity.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
In case you're not aware, the Pentaverate is based on this quick scene from one of Mike Meyers' best movies:

Yeah, that's pretty much the show except the show is far more weird and juvenile.

Another note on the show and kind of odd yet fitting is the music by Orbital who I though just did the opening but it turns out the scored the entire series.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Enjoying Season 2 of Tehran. Top-notch spy drama. The addition of Glenn Close this season makes it even better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Season 1 of Amazon’s Outer Ranges is over.

Some really compelling story advancements in the last two episodes but leaves the viewer with even more questions.

I was actually surprised that episode 8 was the last of the season, I didn’t realize it was the last - didn’t feel like a “finale” so to speak. More like an abrupt stop.

Anyway I hope they have a plan for a resolution of the series and don’t continue to string along the mystery.