Now we know why he was intrigued. ;)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
5 star guests; they smoke weed and suck my dick

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
2, I guess. The PS1+2 library is more or less unbeatable in the entire history of video gaming, if you exclude romboxes.

Way too early to know the PS4's worth, and the PS3 library never quite reached the depth of PS2's, imo.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Voted PSX. Not an easy descision, considering both PS2 and PSP are right up there for me. The original Playstation had a simply amazing library of games.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Voted PSX. Not an easy descision, considering both PS2 and PSP are right up there for me. The original Playstation had a simply amazing library of games.
the vast majority of which could also be played on PS2.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmm...

lol
Name a better library. Seriously, put up or stfu. If you have one, please share it.

I was a Nintendo fanboy in the early '90s. More and more as time went on, quickly closing in on blind fanboy territory. Then reality changed all around us. The entire paradigm shifted. And I adjusted to the new reality. I don't know what happened to you. If you really have convinced yourself that all Sony consoles suck, you are a joyless, soulless husk who no longer actually enjoys video games.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Meh, trying to keep them seperated in my head for the purposes of this poll.

I dunno. The question is which console is best. If you have the choice between the console that plays one library and the console that plays both libraries, that should enter into the decision-making process, imo.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I dunno. The question is which console is best. If you have the choice between the console that plays one library and the console that plays both libraries, that should enter into the decision-making process, imo.

Early model PS3s can play all three, shouldn't that be your top pick then?

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Early model PS3s can play all three, shouldn't that be your top pick then?
It would if it was line-wide, and played anywhere near the entire libraries. If that was the case, I absolutely would have picked it. Because the PS1+PS2+PS3 library is even better than the PS1+PS2 library.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ya, gen 1 PS3 (hardware backwards compatibility, not software like the MGS bundle) for me. I still have it hooked up and use it regularly since it's got me covered on PSx-3 as well as blurays for when it's movie time with the family. The gen 1 PS3 is a pretty good Swiss Army Knife of a system.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
It would if it was line-wide, and played anywhere near the entire libraries. If that was the case, I absolutely would have picked it. Because the PS1+PS2+PS3 library is even better than the PS1+PS2 library.

Fair enough. I prefer to judge it solely on the games made for that system, if no other reason, then there would be absolutely no reason to vote for the PSX otherwise. So I guess to a certain extent I agree with you.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Tough one. After thinking for a few minutes, I'd probably say that objectively PS1 had the better and larger library but personally I'd have to pick PS2. I have such great memories of FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Shinobi, and a bunch more.