Best fighting game console port.

BrutalDeath™

Stakes Winner 2
qube said:
Fucking owned loser.

Graphics don't make the game dipshit. Maybe if you played your games instead of drooling over pixels you would know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't spout your retarded shit at me when it's YOU who doesn't know what the fuck their talking about.

SFIII:TS on DC is NOT THE BEST CONSOLE PORT. Just because it's on the DC doesn't automatically make it better. How are those for valid reasons jackass?

Thanks for smacking this fool down while I was asleep fellas ;)

you're a fucking douche.

argue some more about video games you fucking loser.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
I never honestly gave for these "exact ports" if they were close enough I was fine. Hell I played KOF 99 for the PSX a hell of a lot, before i had 98 for the DC.

dittoez, I think given the hardware that 99 was a great port.
I still live off some Saturn/PS1 ports instead of plunking down money for MVS carts just because they have more frames of animation.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Ok now that your are civil, I have to be honest, I'm not a great 3rd strike player, I mean I won a local tournament on the PS2 version, but I'm not good enough to notice lag issues on the dreamcast, my gameplay remains intact, also I play with Hugo, so my combo pletora is very scarce.

I think Hugo suffers on the DC as well. Since he has to parry so often to setup a proximity game, the DC's lag on parrys really hinders him IMO.

I never thought of Soulcalibur, but you're right, that's a hell of a port, to this day it stands as a great game. You just sounded like a complete snoob diminishing the DC, and I just wanted validation that's all.

How was that snobbish sounding? I clearly stated that it was unfortunate that DC ports weren't always the best. The reason I'm such a non-biased gamer now is b/c Sega is out of the console market. I'm the biggest Sega fanboy you will ever meet (besides Drifty maybe lol), and the DC is my favorite system of all time, followed by the Saturn. I never have a bad thing to say about the DC, check 90% of my recent posts. They're teeming with blind DC gushing. I'm shameless when it comes to Sega, and I know it, but I can also be honest about them as well. Like the fact that, unfortunately, TS is better on PS2 (haven't played the X-Box version) ;)

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
BrutalDeath™ said:
you're a fucking douche.

argue some more about video games you fucking loser.

hahahaha, okay "BrutalDeath™" :lolz:

What a tough guy :rolleyes:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
qube said:
I think Hugo suffers on the DC as well. Since he has to parry so often to setup a proximity game, the DC's lag on parrys really hinders him IMO.

How was that snobbish sounding? I clearly stated that it was unfortunate that DC ports weren't always the best. The reason I'm such a non-biased gamer now is b/c Sega is out of the console market. I'm the biggest Sega fanboy you will ever meet (besides Drifty maybe lol), and the DC is my favorite system of all time, followed by the Saturn. I never have a bad thing to say about the DC, check 90% of my recent posts. They're teeming with blind DC gushing. I'm shameless when it comes to Sega, and I know it, but I can also be honest about them as well. Like the fact that, unfortunately, TS is better on PS2 (haven't played the X-Box version) ;)
Well perhaps I missunderstood, I tend to do that a lot, but I'm glad to know this things you talked about, I don't parry much just the obvious shoto patterns, I have my ways to get around with Hugo, he can take a lot of punishment and dish out even more. I know it sounds a little retarded, but it has been very effective for me.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Well perhaps I missunderstood, I tend to do that a lot, but I'm glad to know this things you talked about, I don't parry much just the obvious shoto patterns, I have my ways to get around with Hugo, he can take a lot of punishment and dish out even more. I know it sounds a little retarded, but it has been very effective for me.

Not at all, he's a good character to use if that's your playstyle. I actually fear good Hugo players more than anyone else except good Yun players :annoyed:

Hugo's pressure is actually surprisingly good for a character that slow, and he has decently quick specials to help him get around on top of it. Not to mention Gigas puts the fear in motherfuckers like God, and the clap can be fucking brutal!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
vampire_sav-f.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
qube said:
Not at all, he's a good character to use if that's your playstyle. I actually fear good Hugo players more than anyone else except good Yun players :annoyed:

Hugo's pressure is actually surprisingly good for a character that slow, and he has decently quick specials to help him get around on top of it. Not to mention Gigas puts the fear in motherfuckers like God, and the clap can be fucking brutal!
You know it! but I'm partial to the Megaton Press middle kick jump in combo, altough it has a predictable beggining it can be turned into some other oldschool tactics, plus you have more ex availability specially for the faster lariat, which can get anybody off guard at the end of a match. Hugo's wake up grab is so great to specially against pestering noobs who undersrimate the power of the 360.

I love the Gigas, but I only use it when I know the oponent turtles all day beforehand.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
You know it! but I'm partial to the Megaton Press middle kick jump in combo, altough it has a predictable beggining it can be turned into some other oldschool tactics, plus you have more ex availability specially for the faster lariat, which can get anybody off guard at the end of a match. Hugo's wake up grab is so great to specially against pestering noobs who undersrimate the power of the 360.

I love the Gigas, but I only use it when I know the oponent turtles all day beforehand.

I'm not a great Hugo player by any means, so I use Gigas strictly b/c of its intimidation factor :smirk:

Not to mention that there are quite a few ways to land it, so it's always fun to have around. Nothing like setting it up with a standing jab whiff and then BAM! GIGAS BREAAAAKKKEERRR! lol, what a nerd I am.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
qube said:
I'm not a great Hugo player by any means, so I use Gigas strictly b/c of its intimidation factor :smirk:

Not to mention that there are quite a few ways to land it, so it's always fun to have around. Nothing like setting it up with a standing jab whiff and then BAM! GIGAS BREAAAAKKKEERRR! lol, what a nerd I am.
Ditto on the excitement there! Now SSF2X Zangief can deliver some insane punisment, I'm actually better at that game, that would be the game to own on CPS2, but I'm too chaep to spend money on Capcom, I rather stick to SNK spending.

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Ditto on the excitement there! Now SSF2X Zangief can deliver some insane punisment, I'm actually better at that game, that would be the game to own on CPS2, but I'm too chaep to spend money on Capcom, I rather stick to SNK spending.

'Gief > Hugo anyday man :)

Also, in regard to ResOGlas's post above, yeah, VamSAv on Saturn is A+++

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
qube said:
'Gief > Hugo anyday man :)

Also, in regard to ResOGlas's post above, yeah, VamSAv on Saturn is A+++
Vampire Saviour on the Saturn is my 3rd favorite port, next to KOF 95 and Real Bout FF Special as my top port of all time.

Now if only Zangief could have Poison in his intros I could die a happy man.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
ResOGlas said:

First of all, bump to a great port.

In my books, the import Saturn version of SF Zero 3 will always be a great port. Tons of extra options and being able to play tag team through ALL the characters in the game. That and the load time was unheard of for that time. I'm no SF Zero 3 expert, but for me it looked better then the stretched out DC version and the Saturn pad was sploogtastic.

I <3 4Meg RAM cart.:glee:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:

In my books, the import Saturn version of SF Zero 3 will always be a great port. Tons of extra options and being able to play tag team through ALL the characters in the game. That and the load time was unheard of for that time. I'm no SF Zero 3 expert, but for me it looked better then the stretched out DC version and the Saturn pad was sploogtastic.

I don't have the Saturn port, but I have played it before. Not enough to say if it's better than the DC version (I hate SFZ3 anyways), but I do know that you're not the only person who feels that way about it. I've heard many people say the Saturn version is superiour to the DC version..could be. 4-meg RAM cart was the shit :cool:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:

Indeed! How could I have forgotten the survival dramatic revesr or whatever is called. I enjoy that survival a lot! Also the MSHvsSF survival is amazing! Excellent choice there, if only other games would be more creative when it comes to survival mode, MOTW has a great survival mode as well, and it's unlockable in the arcade!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
qube said:
Seriously preppie? I've never actually played it.
Me neither, but I figure it wouldbe like SFA3 on the GBA, enjoyable to a point, and an outstanding effort on programingfor such a grand game in a wee cart.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Saturn
SF Vs MSH
Vampire Savior
Xmen Vs SF
SS3
SFZ3

Hey Saturn ports of those games destory the PS1 version of them.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Neo Rasa said:
Speaking of which, how are the ports on the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology?

SF Alpha Anthology is pretty fucking sweet, gameplay seems identical, at least with SFA2, I don't fucking care about A3.

BTW, welcome back dude. :mr_t: