best concerts you've ever been to

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Slayer @ FuryFest 2006. I can die peacefully from now on.

Otherwise, bands that I MUST see :

Envy
Mourning Beloveth
Immortal

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Terry330 said:
Rev. Horton Heat- Nuf said.

cool so youre into rockabilly/psychobilly too? ive seen him 2 times and was always very entertained. the best show ive ever been to was probably just a couple of weeks ago:

Th' Legendary Shack Shakers!= i had seen them once before but they were opening so they didnt play as long of a set. this time they were headlining so they played for like an hour and a half. the lead singer and harmonica player has so much energy on stage its impossible not to get into it. also on of the opening bands was very good too so thats always a plus (the tremors)

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
smuf said:
Really? I thought they weren't that great, Anthony can't sing.

Agreed. Back when they did their Californication tour with Foo Fighters "opening" I went to 5 shows. Every night Foos blew them out of the water, granted I went to see them and not the Peppers, but I was really surprised by how uninteresting RHCP show was.

And to the person you said Ween, they do put on one hell of a show. I think it was in '98 when I saw them on The Mullosk tour, played for like 2 1/2 hours. It was crazy.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
chemical brothers here in Saint Louis.

It was a smaller venue, so the sound and visuals were awesome no matter where you were standing.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
No Particular Order

NIN
Janes Addiction (small venue)
White Stripes (Small Venue)
System of a Down (Didn't think they would be good live, but were)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Small Venue)
Rage Against the Machine
The Cult (Small Venue)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've been to various Kraftwerk shows in the past and they all were excellent, I will never grow tired of their disciplined and pure style.

The Yello gig at Mayday 199x (?... don't remember... 98? 99?) was nice as well.

What else... let's see...

Jeff Mills at Attacke Nuremberg in '89 (does that count?)
Kurtis Blow
The Wailers (didn't know they still existed, they also dragged some "personal good friend" of Marley on stage, quite surreal but veeery nice music)
Passport/Doldinger
Kruder & Dorfmeister (does that count?)
Venom (during their "Bombenhagel" period, it was, well... ...loud.)

...etc...

And I live 500 meters away from the center stage of the annual Rock im Park festival, it's kinda cool to listen to Smashin Pumpkins or Slayer while sitting on the toilet... :loco::)

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Just a few standouts:

The Cure at the C.N.E. (Toronto) in '89 - they just played, and played, and played... each encore saw more people leave as the songs got more and more obscure... they were really playing for the die-hard fans. Not to mention the supporting acts, which were Love and Rockets, The Pixies, and Shelleyann Orphan.

Nine Inch Nails at RPM (Toronto) in 1990 - playing a fairly small club before Trent hit it big

Jane's Addiction at the Concert Hall (Toronto) in 1990

The Farm at Spectrum (Toronto) in 1991 - not the greatest band, but they put on an awesome show

Lollapalooza at C.N.E. in 1991 - Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Living Color, Nine Inch Nails, Ice-T and Body Count, Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band

Blur at Lee's Palace (Toronto) in 1991 - awesome show at a very small venue

The Who at Marine Midland Arena (Buffalo) in 1996 - playing the complete Quadrophenia with Billy Idol and Gary Glitter in supporting roles, and Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son) on drums - the best part was the encore when just Townshend and Daltrey came out and played Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, and Who Are You, with only Pete's guitar and Roger's stomping foot as backup, while they recalled memories of Buffalo from years earlier between songs, such as trying to revive an unconscious Keith Moon who had overdosed in the dressing room

Belle and Sebastian at Massey Hall (Toronto) in 2003

Ash with The Bravery at The Opera House (Toronto) in 2005 - not only were both bands excellent, but it was truly memorable when the bassist for The Bravery, completely wasted, got up on stage and tried to disrobe Tim Wheeler (vocalist for Ash) while in the middle of a song, and then took off all of his own clothes while still on stage!

Of Montreal at the Opera House in March of this year - simply amazing show including many costumes, props, and a very happy Kevin Barnes

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I just saw Tool at Bonnaroo and it was unquestionably the best thing I have ever seen, heard, or been a part of. Bonnaroo itself is the shit, but + Tool? Best weekend of my life.

edit : My first Ween show was also this past weekend at 'roo and they owned incredibly hard.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Clutch with Fireball Ministry.

RPG with The Brought Low, Throttlerod.

Acid King with Black Cobra.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Dio, iron maiden, and with motorhead as the opening act. man that was a badass show. from the ace of spades and the game to sun and steel and holy diver man what a fucking show.

public enemy (free show at that) awesome as fuck. started off with don't believe the hype, ended with flava flav doing cold lampin. man... fucking sweet.

MC chris- a totally hillarious show. guy is funny as fuck whether rapping or making fun of cartoon network.

willie nelson- dude is a fucking legend far as country goes. but seeing him perform is amazing. he starts off with whiskey river and you know you're home.

simon and garfunkel- when they did their tour a couple years back. i went. when they did baby driver and at the zoo one right after the other then went into richard cory i was done. i knew it'd be awesome, but man.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Daft Punk
Kraftwerk
Jamiroquai
Ken Ishii
Frankie Knuckles
Joe Satriani / G3
Pet Shop Boys

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
Bob Dylan
Social Distortion
Morbid Angel
DJ Shadow
Deltron 3030 Tour
Pouges Reunion NYC

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Wu-Tang Clan( when ALL of them hit San Bernadina )
Dj Shadow
Hieroglyphics
Talib Kwalie
Mos Def
MC Hammer( Yeah I said it )

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Beastie Boys ( during their tour for ill communication )
ICP ( not that fond of them, but they do put on a great live show )
Nirvana ( In Utero tour, Cobain mumbled or hummed instead of sang over 25% of the lyrics, totally fucked up solos, played some of the songs wrong. He was either way too high or didn't give a shit about the show. )

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
The Rolling Stones -Last year front row at the Baltimore arena

Cypress Hill -RfK stadium in DC

Aerosmith -Nissan Pavillion

Rage Against the Machine - Also at RFK

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
N80G80 said:
The Rolling Stones -Last year front row at the Baltimore arena

Cypress Hill -RfK stadium in DC

Aerosmith -Nissan Pavillion

Rage Against the Machine - Also at RFK

Are you referring to when Cypress Hill played at HFS a few years back? I was there just to see The Cure. Good show, but B-Real was a dick and RFK definitely has the most horrid staff of any venue I've ever been to.

Ok, my list of best concerts would have to be..

The Cure- June 2000 at the Tweeter Center, Camden N.J.

VNV Nation- Always incredible, TLA in Philly and Nation in DC.

Mogwai- Sonar, Baltimore MD.

Haujobb- Again, Nation in DC (Spooky 2001) and TLA in Philly.

Murs, RJD2, Blueprint, and The Perceptionists- The Ottobar, Baltimore MD

Dimmu Borgir- The Trocadero, Philly

Cannibal Corpse- The Trocadero, Philly

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My parents took me to a Vanilla Ice concert when I was 3...

i wish i could remember it.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
just got back from Werchter, got another few to add to my list:
QOTSA
Pearl Jam (Josh Homme joined the band during the last song)
Air
Beastie Boys

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Haha, rad.

Werchter has LCDSS didn't it? WIsh i coulda gone, but school prom and interviews and such :emb:

I wanted to go to pukkelpop too, fucking STELLAR lineup, but i'm on holiday then :(

Guess le Dour will have to do... :(

oh well, leaving for belg a week today :emb: heheh

here we come, ed banger, goose and the Wu! :buttrock:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rage Against the Machine w/ Gangstar and At the Drive-In (1999/detroit)
Motion City Soundtrack w/ Tsunami Bomb, Academy Is, 3 other bands (2004/cleveland)
Flogging Molly (2006/columbus)