Beast Busters Feat. KOF released

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its a fun little game, but the "freemium" nature of it has been jacked to the max. Its very difficult to play enjoyably without forking out some dough, most notably because of the Energy system. It's similar to ammo in Metal Slug Defense, but as far as I can tell there's no way to upgrade it, and you chew through it very fast, especially once you get to more difficult levels.

I don't mind tossing SNKP $10 or so, but that won't get you very far. You have to spend big bucks to really get out of the game what it has to offer.

What's worse, and this is one of SNKP's biggest flaws for the mobile offerings, is all save data is saved locally on your phone. If your phone is bricked, broken, or lost; you transfer from one OS to another, or transfer to any new phone without knowing how to migrate your settings, you're screwed and forced to start over from scratch.

I'm honestly hoping that a working hack tool for the game comes out just so I can get around all of the paywalls.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm honestly hoping that a working hack tool for the game comes out just so I can get around all of the paywalls.
kirk-shocked-face.jpeg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I downloaded this but I'm not too impressed. I dont really like the controls and its just not very interesting.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Download counts for this are looking pretty tepid. I get a feeling that this isn't going to be much of a success here in the states. I'm not too surprised due to this game being pay-to-play mania, and from what I can tell you're stuck with the same weapon for both characters.

Clearly folks here aren't all that interested.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The original arcade version looks way more interesting.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't understand why they went with the whole digital d-pad control scheme. I tried it for a while but I just couldn't get into it. Too much freemium and lame anime crap. Metal Slug Defense was great and Rhythm of Fighters was alright for a rhythm game but this doesn't appeal to me at all.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
There are some gameplay videos available in youtube

Some real weird design choices. I don't like that the crosshairs stays fixed in the center of the screen and you basically move the screen to place them on enemies. Looks bizarre, but I'm sure you get comfortable with that setup in no time.

The biggest problem I can see is just the monotony of it all. Battle a small wave of baddies, aim for cores, after about a minute fight some lame boss. Over and over again. Doesn't look worth the download or time, sadly, and this was one I was looking forward to.

I'm totally behind Playmore reviving some of the more obscure licenses, or creating some new ones. Too bad they just went for a bargain basement experience with this one.

xsq

what RabbitTroop said... all of it. I won't even DL this one. And I feel sad about it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It looks to be EXP and level based, which means grinding on the early stages repeatedly before taking on the later ones.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
honestly i don't like this game but i hope it gets well accepted so in the future SNK-P can continue developing more games

Fygee

20 Year Member
Necro-bump.

A newer version of this game has been released. You pay $3, and you get the game without all of the lame IAP restrictions. Its also been updated to include new weapons, more cores, more evolutions, and new stages. It still has the same in-game currency, but the game doesn't have a play-to-win system with it anymore. You can fairly easily earn enough of it through mission goals, and by beating them without taking damage.

So far, I'm really enjoying this version of it, and I highly recommend you check it out if you were disappointed with the "Free" one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snkplaymore.android015

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beast-busters-featuring-kof/id990910241?mt=8

xsq

meh, my smartphone is too small (old GTS5000) and I'm too dumb to get "andy" to work on my desktop PC (maybe because it hasn't got enough power)... shame to this weakness modern world...

Fygee

20 Year Member
Makes no sense to me either. Be sure to grab it before its gone folks.