Bang Bang Busters available on the Neo Geo CD

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
In case anyone missed it... Bang Bang Busters has been released on the Neo Geo CD. Watch the CD Review here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpCtmNPJp60

I actually took the time to find and get the ROM going this weekend. Although, I definitely appreciate seeing it, and it's nice to have it both on every Neo Geo platform and emulated, it really isn't that good of a game. Boss fights are frustrating and the spinning and tossing of the enemies is hit and miss. Now, maybe that's some lag/chug from playing on a keyboard. I know it's not the optimal setup, but I couldn't help but feeling Zupapa and Nightmare in the Dark did the same better. I can't fault the game too much, though. Although it feels complete, it is still a prototype and some final balancing or tweaking may have been done before this game was released, had it gone through the final stages to see an official release. There's a lot of things to like too. I really love the art-style in Bang Bang Busters. The inflated sprite of all the baddies is well done, and the overall look of the game is pretty great. For the $50 or so I see the CD is going for on eBay, that's not a horrible investment. The couple of hundred plus the home cart and MVS carts will run you, though, is madness. ;) Definitely glad to see this game, though, and here's hoping there are even more protos to come.

Note: I also played TotC. Holy shit. Yeah, I had heard it was bad, but I wasn't prepared for how horrible that game actually was. Anyway.... Anyway.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The iso was available before the NCI release.

Coligion

n00b
Does anyone here own the NCI release for the Neo Geo CD? It'd be nice to see some comments and thoughts about the release.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
the rom is found on the web, (the iso for neo geo cd), if you google. I can't share or "talk" about it. It plays pretty well. I got it on MVS too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is the CD release being sold a CDR or is it pressed?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This is NCI, it'll be an off-brand CDR with the title written with a sharpie and a photocopy for the cover.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Meh. I might pay for a pressed copy, I can make CDRs myself.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You can still find all three formats on ebay.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just to clarify, is the official release an actual pressed CD and not a CD-R?

It better not be a CD-R. But I haven't heard anything about it either so I'm guessing it's a pressed CD.

Takou

n00b
It is not a CD-R
I own the CD Version, it is a pressed CD.
Works fine on my CD-Z.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Someone knows the value of a Bang Bang Buster MVS version?

How much do you care if it is "official" or not? If you want an EPROM version of the game, done as a conversion it will cost you around $100. If you want an EPROM version of the game, covered with epoxy and considered "official" *cough* it will cost you around $600-$900.

By the way Bang Bang Busters is in my cabinet right now for Easter ;) Sexy bunnies for the win.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It is not a CD-R
I own the CD Version, it is a pressed CD.
Works fine on my CD-Z.

As Xian Xi said, thanks for the confirmation. I might try to grab one now, I just wasn't going to pay good money for a CDR.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'd be more interested in one with a nice new omega X shell lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Once the shells are ready, I'm sure someone can make that happen. Personally, this is the kind of game I like on the CD system. Comfy chair, Neo CD control pad, life is good.

VGC1612

New Challenger
How much do you care if it is "official" or not? If you want an EPROM version of the game, done as a conversion it will cost you around $100. If you want an EPROM version of the game, covered with epoxy and considered "official" *cough* it will cost you around $600-$900.

By the way Bang Bang Busters is in my cabinet right now for Easter ;) Sexy bunnies for the win.
I just wanted to know the price because I know someone who sells a copy for $150

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I just wanted to know the price because I know someone who sells a copy for $150

I bought my copy for about $90 shipped. For what it's worth. $150 isn't horrible, but it's a bit more than the parts are worth. If you were so inclined you could either make one or find someone to make one for you for a bit cheaper. Not a horrible price, but not great either.