Awesome NEO GEO Humble Bundle, buy and benefit the charity of your choice

I got this bundle earlier today. You cant beat 10 bucks for everything. Especially when you can donate any amount of the proceeds for a good cause. I just wish they were all on Steam. DRM free ROM's are always nice though! The huge selling point for me was the soundtracks.

DPCameron

n00b
Well, yea, I dropped the $60 or so they wanted, thinking it was a great deal for everything (including the shirt). Then I read this thread.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel. The quality of the games is mostly OK, with support for newer controllers (I don't have a PC stick yet).

I was really happy playing through Pulstar and the steam versions of KOF. However, if they've ripped off community work without acknowledgment and are in a very dubious legal position well, I don't know how to feel. I thought I was doing a good thing and getting something good for that.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
(I don't have a PC stick yet).

Do you have an Xbox 360 stick? If so, you've already got a PC stick. Just plug that sonbitch into your PC.

Xbox 360 controllers are compatible with PC. Even wireless ones are with an adapter.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
This bundle is so much fail...the emulation sucks.
Hope none of you have monitors that run at anything higher than 60hz, cuz guess what? It speeds up the emulation! :mad_2:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Really wish i'd of gotten on this shit. Guess i'll just catch it next time.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
The way I see it, for the price you get a few decent steam games and several roms to use in your favorite emu. Its trivial (but tedious) to get the zip from the download versions, or even point an emu to the install folder...

Last edited:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
FYI, they have not updated the emulator to support customized controls. There is a new date on the Humble listing for the Neo Geo games, 1/20/16, but the only update I could see is that now there's a big splash message right after you go to boot up a game to press start on the controller you wish to use. Totally skip the emulator games.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
The way I see it, for the price you get a few decent steam games and several roms to use in your favorite emu. Its trivial (but tedious) to get the zip from the download versions, or even point an emu to the install folder...

You do need to install each emulated game separately. You can't extract them from the installer. At least, I wasn't able to do so with 7 zip.

I'd rather not install a single one of them.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
Yes that emulator has zero value to me. I'd have paid the same for a folder with "official" zip files for the roms...

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I got my shirt today. It's pretty nice. I put it on as soon as I got home from work. I probably should have washed it first. It smells too much like new unwashed shirt. Still cool, though.

Should have got the shirt. Got all the games though...I like the way the games play. Using XPADDER. it works great with my VLX.