August SOTM (actual) Vote Thread

Pick you game.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Make your vote count! Tell your friends!

There will be separate scoreboards if the game is multi platform (like pcb, nes, snes, tg16, etc)

Attachments

• 250px-Gyruss_arcadeflyer.png
    250px-Gyruss_arcadeflyer.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 124
  • thCAWXZ2XG.jpg
    thCAWXZ2XG.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 111
  • TF2.bmp
    182.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 3861_area_88.jpg
    3861_area_88.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
UN Squadron for me, with Side Arms a close second.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
UN,

And if it wins, players are going to need to note which version they are playing cause the JPN version has an extra bonus stage.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
In SNES U.N. Squadron, can't you just farm convoys forever until you get the high score?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You sure can. At minimal risk, too. Good place to grind for the cash to buy Efreet and all the ammo that goes with it. XD

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
In SNES U.N. Squadron, can't you just farm convoys forever until you get the high score?

i did vote for UN squadron but didnt even think about that, kinda ruins it. maybe we can do something...

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I don't even know why people like UN Squadron. Not even trolling. And I like pretty much every Capcom game ever made. Great music but I don't think it holds up at all.

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
i did vote for UN squadron but didnt even think about that, kinda ruins it. maybe we can do something...

If Un squadron wins, There will be a pcb and snes scoreboard..
But if anyone wants to change their vote,(not sure if you can above) just post in the thread what you are changing too and it will be considered in the final vote.
Everyone good with that ?

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Voooooooooooooooooooottteee Moooooooooooooooooooooore!

a88tl2.gif

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah because the more people vote, the more people there will be to play the game.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Yeah because the more people vote, the more people there will be to play the game.

Ha, be nice if it worked that way..we can only hope..

Was hoping that the more domestic/us style theme would bring in the fresh meat...

MTP.jpg

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Fresh meet likes this. :p

normal_ibara_and_pink_sweets_-_ibara_sorekara.jpg

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I don't even know why people like UN Squadron. Not even trolling. And I like pretty much every Capcom game ever made. Great music but I don't think it holds up at all.

UN squadron is def my favorite shmup of all time have you played on gamer mode? Have you beet the game with every plane? I have achieved both (although have only beat gamer mode with the efreet) its just a fun and challenging game with a lot of replay ability

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Let me tell ya something. You know why people like UN Squadron?

Because for some odd reason, in the early 90's, parents bought their kids UN Squadron. I don't know how or why.

I didn't own it as a child, but I sure played it at friends' houses. UN Squadron is just one of the shooting games of few, that weaseled it's way into American homes on a relatively mass scale.

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I bought that crap new as soon as I saw it bitd...

Almost closing time! U.N. Squadron out in front!

UN_Squadron_game_flyer.png

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I bought that crap new as soon as I saw it bitd...

View attachment 17018

I have no doubt. I was also going to mention the game must have had a huge print run and excellent distribution back in the day.

Make no mistake, I like the game a lot.

EDIT: and the soundtrack truly is bitchin'.

The SNES version is arguably better, but I don't know..some of these arcade tracks..

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

Because for some odd reason, in the early 90's, parents bought their kids UN Squadron. I don't know how or why.

I didn't own it as a child, but I sure played it at friends' houses. UN Squadron is just one of the shooting games of few, that weaseled it's way into American homes on a relatively mass scale.

this exactly my dad bought a snes brand new with super mario world and UN squadron my very first 16 bit experience when i was a kid and it blew my mind.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Because it's a heck of a lot more accessible compared to Gradius III or Super R-Type, released around the same time.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Getting down to the final stretch!
It is set to run the mid tomorrow, then I will have a new thread up (hopefully) friday night! worst case, sat morn : I
thCAURG6GL.jpg