Audio "buzz" in the background that increases on white or particularly clear picture

UDb

n00b
If this is a supergun/cmvs chances are it is your poorly shielded scart cable video coupling and causing interference on your audio lines. White screens will show this the worse.
It's a cbox v4 supergun. Buzz comes thru all audio out options on the supergun: RGB/SCART, headphone jack, audio RCA connectors.
Therefore it shouldn't be the cable causing the issue.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's a shitty Aliexpress supergun, what were you expecting?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
My flat tube CRT TV does this regardless on input device. Any screen that's very light makes a high pitched squeal. Figured it came with the CRT territory.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Nope, that's not normal CRT territory. Either your cables aren't sufficiently shielded or there's something going on internally with your chassis that's allowing the video signal to bleed over into the audio.

UDb

n00b
Found some other posts that mentioned the buzz could be a ground issue but no explanation how to actually check or implement audio ground correctly.
Suggestions?
Other people got rid of the buzz by implementing the MKL stereo mod: that's something I'd like to do in any case. With that mod will it be possible to send the stereo audio output to JAMMA pins 10 & L ? I want to keep using the JAMMA->supergun's DIN -> SCART cable (vs having additional RCA cables).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You can cut the traces to those jamma pins and wire the stereo audio to there, but it will be line-level, which should be okay for a supergun.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
My experience is: No matter if its my 4slot or my 1 slot I always have audio buzz on my TV ( supergun - scart) or CMVS - scart

What helped a bit was using a better ground wire on the sound , but I still have issues, doesn't matter if its on an new TV or CRT.