Attention ViceMikey and other Michigan members--Super Auctions next Saturday the 25th

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Hi all. I thoght I'd post and see if anyone else it going to the Super Auctions in Kalamazoo, Michigan next Saturday (the 25th). Perhaps some of us could meet up at the auction. ViceMikey, you got a PM, check your inbox! Firebomber and I will be there for sure along with a couple other of our friends.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
I may be game.

Can you send over the directions to me? I am just north of Detroit.

Thanks,
Kpj

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I'll be there for sure. Should be a fun time, the other auctions were all a blast.

The auction will be held at the Kzoo fairgrounds

Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds
2900 Lake Street, Room E, Kalamazoo, MI.

If your comming from around Detroit the easiest way is to get on I94 and take that all the way to Kalamazoo.
Mapquest

The way the auction works is that there is a preview time from 8am-10am where you can try all the games to see what works and what you want. The last two auctions they have extended the preview time until at least 12pm so you have lots of time to check stuff out.

Check out their site for more details. www.superauctions.com

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Yeah it never fails that they extend the preview time. No way they'd risk losing money from potential bidders that are waiting in line to get a bidder number.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
firebomber said:
I'll be there for sure. Should be a fun time, the other auctions were all a blast.

The auction will be held at the Kzoo fairgrounds

Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds
2900 Lake Street, Room E, Kalamazoo, MI.

If your comming from around Detroit the easiest way is to get on I94 and take that all the way to Kalamazoo.
Mapquest

The way the auction works is that there is a preview time from 8am-10am where you can try all the games to see what works and what you want. The last two auctions they have extended the preview time until at least 12pm so you have lots of time to check stuff out.

Check out their site for more details. www.superauctions.com

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try to be there myself :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd like a report :) Good luck if you guys plan on finding something to buy.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I'll keep a note book of the selling prices for all the interesting stuff. We should be able to get some pictures as well.

If you can't make this one you're not totally out of luck. SA comes to Kalamazoo about 2 times a year.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Last second bump. Auction is tomorrow people. I wear my black snk homebrew shirt so you can pick me out. Hope to see you all there!

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Auction's over. There were no Neo Geos to be sold, dedicated or conversion sadly.
However, there were quite a few pre-Neo SNK cabs.

Street Smart - $200
Dedicated cab. Pretty nice condition overall, but a bit of fading.

Gang Wars - $40
Conversion from a Robotron 2084 cab that was painted over (some of the silver paint showed through). Bezel and CP were faded pretty badly but the marquee was nice. Monitor wouldn't show a picture.

Touchdown Fever - $1
Last cab of the day. Wouldn't power up at all and it was in rough shape. Wood was starting to rot. Everything was faded and the bezel was torn. On the bright side it had these football shaped rotary sticks that looked cool and were probably saveable. Good deal just for the controls. Was identified as a converted Frogger by the Gremlin sticker inside the cab.

P.O.W. - $50
Conversion (don't know what from). Art was in good shape. Game played fine but the monitor was glitchy. Somebody got a good deal on this.

P.O.W. - $100
Dedicated w/ manual. This cab was fucking beautiful. No fading at all and there were minimal scratches on the art. Would get a near mint on the grading scale. Monitor had a green tint, but oh well, you can replace those. Whoever bought this walked away with a great piece of SNK history in show room shape. This cab was worth at least three times the sell price. I would have been all over this but I simply have no more space. I really wanted it too :(

Small but good auction overall. Had a great time just looking at that POW cab.
Sorry guys but no pictures this time. They were being pretty hardcore about cameras this time around. Couldn't sneak any off.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Cool report, those prices seem pretty low, any other interesting cabs?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Nothing out of the ordinary, really. Standard run of the mill auction with only a few oddities. Lots of PacMan/Ms Pacs like always that go for rediculously high amounts ($800-1000) regardless of condition.

And of course you have the bootleg multi game cabs with classics that go for ungodly amounts. There was a cocktail table with 30 or so games like Sinistar, Pac, Dig dug, etc that went for over $1300. I honestly don't believe what these people are thinking. Do they not realize that it's just a hacked POS? Why not just go all out and mame a cab for a fraction of that.
I should just bring a junk PC running mame and set it on a coffee table with a sign that says "1400+ games!! R@R3" and watch the cash flow in.

There are also the Multicade cabs that go for similar high amounts. While these are official cabs and not boots, I still don't see why people feel the need to spend $1100+ on them.

There was a Star Wars ep 1 pod racer game (sit down) there. Very rare that you see a racing game that new at an auction. Went for $1325.

A Xmen vs Street Fighter conversion went for $275. It was convertered from a 4 player simpsons so it was a nice big cab. Nice shape too. Funny thing was that you could see Bart's hair where the cover up paint had flaked off. Probably would have been easy to convert back to a 4P simpsons and I'm willing to bet had nice side art underneath the paint.

Two identical Pokemon Catch machines (made by sammy). It's a huge cab about 7 feet tall and it's like a giant pachinko machine. You move a Pickachu thing back and forth to catch ping pong balls as they fall. Apparently it gives out prizes if you do well. Kind of a neat machine, I've never seen one before.

Oh there was this great Asteroids cab that had been converted to a Street Fighter II WW. Looked halarious as they didn't bother to cover up the side art from 'roids.

Some nice coctail tables. The best of which was a Q Bert in very nice shape. Went for about $450
3 or 4 space invaders tables ranging from the $40 dollar one that couldn't be plugged in because it "smoked" to the 350 one in perfect order.
A Donkey Kong that was in excellent shape went for about $450 as well.

There wasn't much for super nice stuff this time. It was a great auction if you were looking for a project cab though. Prices were on the low side for most things. Lots of potential in the cabs there.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head as far as interesting items. SGG might think of a few more and post em. He walked away with "two" cabs. Kind of a funny story so I'll let him tell it ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thanks, another auction is coming through Knoxville next Saturday I'll be sure to give another report like I did last time, hopefully sneak pics too, auction game sales is pretty leniant.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I was at the Superauctions in Columbus, OH last weekend. There were about a dozen Neo cabinets. Most were conversion cabs -- only 1 original snk cab. I had no interest in picking up another neo cab, but I'm thinking I should have anyways. A 2 slot conversion cab went for $200. Some of the 1 slots were under that... I also saw a Hyper 64 and IMaze conversion cabinets. I didn't hang out long enough to see what these went for, nor the 4 slot orig cab.

Jeff

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
I went along with Firebomber and a few other friends. I thought the action was honestly one of the worst I've been two out of the four I've now attented. As Firebomber said, no Neo cabs to be found, but I will admitt that P.O.W. cab was nice. I just don't like the game enough to buy it. Hope someone will take good care of it. I picked up "two" cabs myself. One was a game called Dragon Breeder that was installed in a Q*Bert cabinet. I only wanted that one to use as for a restoration, but since this was the junk row of games, the auctioneer made it a "2 for 1" deal by throwing in a game called Atomic Boy that was in a Tutankham cabinet. The tutankham was beyond use for anything other than parts, so it's going to be fireword tomorrow. I did get a monitor and boards out of it. The Dragon Breed PCB from the Q*Bert cacbinet works too. Not bad for 29 bucks!