ATT: Shawn. I would like to be a Moderator

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
So let's entertain the thought that there is a vote for a new mod in the near future. Does that mean the possibility of an existing mod being demoted and if so, who?

I'll preface what I'm about to say with this:

I don't own the site, I just work here.

For no money.

Well into the night.

...and most of the day.

Now, I would say that I don't think anyone would be demoted. We are down one with Bobak leaving. Do we need it? Probably not. I know who I would nominate and for what role but I haven't volunteered that to Shawn or others because it's not something I would ever initiate. If asked, I'll say it privately to them.

Frankly, I think the whole chat war is utterly ridiculous and everyone involved is acting like a whiny little cunt. (Yes, I've said that to all parties directly.) Thirty-something year old men should be able to get over a little emotional butthurt or trivial shit like a number or joke underneath their names.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I'll preface what I'm about to say with this:

I don't own the site, I just work here.

For no money.

Well into the night.

...and most of the day.

Now, I would say that I don't think anyone would be demoted. We are down one with Bobak leaving. Do we need it? Probably not. I know who I would nominate and for what role but I haven't volunteered that to Shawn or others because it's not something I would ever initiate. If asked, I'll say it privately to them.

Frankly, I think the whole chat war is utterly ridiculous and everyone involved is acting like a whiny little cunt. (Yes, I've said that to all parties directly.) Thirty-something year old men should be able to get over a little emotional butthurt or trivial shit like a number or joke underneath their names.

I can see how my question would lead you down that thought track. However, I really wasn't eluding to any one mod. There are several mods (Bobak not withstanding) that either seldomly frequent the site or not at all. Just wasn't sure if it there is a "mod for life" policy around here especially where attendance is concerned.

As far as the chat "thing" goes, I could care less. I chat where my friends are. ;)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I can see how my question would lead you down that thought track. However, I really wasn't eluding to any one mod. There are several mods (Bobak not withstanding) that either seldomly frequent the site or not at all. Just wasn't sure if it there is a "mod for life" policy around here especially where attendance is concerned.

As far as the chat "thing" goes, I could care less. I chat where my friends are. ;)

You would be very surprised to know who is around but chooses to remain quiet.

...and before you ask, If they wanted to be known, they'll say something.

Don't go by activity, some of us have an invisibility cloak on.. you don't know they're around, even if you look at their profile.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm going to bed... this thread hasn't delivered... I need more entertainment...

... On a serious note... I have never understood the need for people to try and make a name for themselves on here or any forum...

xROTx

PS. I have more respect for people like Tomcat, Twalden... Kiel.. Fran... (the list continues...) than some people who post continually...

...It's sometimes entertaining... don't get me wrong... it's just you don't say very much of anything of note...

PPS. That's just me tho lads... keep going on the way you're going... it takes all sorts to make NG.com...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You would sparkle like a gold plated turd next to the shining pillar of the neo community that we are.

I take issue with that, actually. You may view people as "part of a crew" and while members of the forum are friends with others, I would say that we moderate with a very light hand.

Additionally, I can tell you I may not *like* people specifically....or I may know that certain members run their mouths in other areas *cough*slashchat*cough* I've never done anything based in bias, slight or even revenge. People tend to mix the business-side of things from the personal side of things. Say what you will about what I've done as a member.. but as a mod, I'm very even-keeled, centered and I consider both sides of any decision.

(I'm not saying I'm awesome or fellating myself. I'm just trying to be forthright and frank. I wouldn't speak for the other mods and I'm giving you my personal perspective.)

The weird relationships between people and groups gives this place a lot of character and the last thing I would do is destroy that. I dont' like everyone but I also recognize that can't enter into it. Believe it or not, I take that role pretty seriously and I know others do as well. You may not see that necessarily, mostly because it's handled quietly.

The only fun stuff that goes on is custom ranks and names. There's quite a bit of work in moderating this place, most of which is thankless, boring labor that no one notices until it falls apart. I read threads that I'm not remotely interested in, approve accounts, maintain backend stuff, read insane rambling PMs asking me to ban people for stupid shit.. you name it.

Not as big of a deal as you would think. I was (and probably am still to many) a very hated or strongly disliked figure around here. Hell, Shawn was going to ban me about 6 months before I became a moderator. Public opinion doesn't matter, what you bring to the site does.

Funny thing is that Bobak actually had to talk me into it. I didn't volunteer, I didn't ask for it and when Shawn told me what was going on, I actually told Bobak that I probably didn't want to. I was shocked I was even considered, much less voted in. It grew on me eventually.

Being a mod here is like the plot of Bruce Almighty... except you don't get to eat Jennifer Aniston's ass.

That's some of the gayest shit I have ever seen you post. Sit down and have a biscuit would ya.

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member
With 3x sugars...

Can you put the sugar in and stir it for me honey.

Oh thank you!

1aagay-pride-parade.jpg

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Will you rage quit?

Wont you?

Trainstation Peenie Sucker...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I love finding different pieces of the drama puzzle in different threads.

It's like a quest!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
elbefe_zps1c32748f.jpg

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Honestly, why hustle so hard, seems like wasted energy? Being a member here is the best bang for your buck.

Mot, I enjoy your shit thoroughly, but nobody wants your ass running around and making dumbass demands (like you do now) with the force of mod power behind it.

Beef, you don't have the internet You want to spend your limited Starbucks time approving new account requests or fielding PM's from people crying about being mistreated on the forum? Mod power doesn't come with health insurance.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Don't forget about the stalkers. When you become a mod you get the stalkers.

theMot

10 Year Member
Mot, I enjoy your shit thoroughly, but nobody wants your ass running around and making dumbass demands (like you do now) with the force of mod power behind it.

I only wanted to be a mod to change my name Michael. Part of me wants to see what they talk about in the mod forum too. I am gossipy like that you see, I don't mind the odd womens rag or a spot of entertainment tonight.

I can't believe people actually thought I was serious. Must be that American/Australian comedy divide again.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I only wanted to be a mod to change my name Michael. Part of me wants to see what they talk about in the mod forum too. I am gossipy like that you see, I don't mind the odd womens rag or a spot of entertainment tonight.

I can't believe people actually thought I was serious. Must be that American/Australian comedy divide again.

Sheila PLS.