Atomiswave or Taito Type 2 Advice!

Malone

n00b
Hi all I'm looking to buy a new machine I used to own an MVS and AES and sold them a few years ago! So I'm looking for something new but not sure if I should purchase an Atomiswave or a Taito x2! What would be a beter buy and where is the best place to buy one? The only place I have seen them is on ebay!

Thx for any hlp/advice

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
are you talking about the game system or an actual cabinet? Both of those systems sport unique japanese cabinets and while they can of course be used to run other systems.... one is 16:9, one is 3:4. One is better for Jamma the other not so much.

Malone

n00b
No I'm talking about the game system they wont be in a cabinet I will just hook it up to my dell 24W monitor! It seems that the atomiswave games are fairly cheap and easy to get hold of compared to the Taito x2

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Uh yeah, AW if economy is a factor.

Why not just get another MVS system though?

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
If you factor in that most (or all?) of the typex2 games have been ported or will be ported, and ports usually are better than the arcade versions anyway and cost about 10x less at least, i'd say just skip typex2.

Malone

n00b
Thanks for the advice, which console out of the PS3 & 360 has the best ports? or are they identical these days?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Thanks for the advice, which console out of the PS3 & 360 has the best ports? or are they identical these days?

360 outputs 1080p for pretty much all games, and PS3 mostly just outputs 720p. Don't know if that matters to you, but Sony fails when you can play PS1 games in 1080p, but you're stuck with PS3 gamnes in 720p. :conf::angry:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Taito X2 would be a large waste of money in my opinion when the good stuff for that system is ported or probably going to be ported.

Malone

n00b
I think your right I have been looking at the line up for the Taito X2 and its pretty slim! I think I will get an atomiswave and a MVS or possibly AES! But I am unsure if I should buy a console just to play the new KOF XII as it seems to be getting mixed reviews!!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is like a goats and apples question. The Atomiswave is old and finished, while the Type X2 is the current state of the art. It really depends what you want to own: The newest of the new (which you will pay out the ass for, the same as an arcade owner) or games that are a few years old that you may be able to find at a good price.

360 outputs 1080p for pretty much all games, and PS3 mostly just outputs 720p. Don't know if that matters to you, but Sony fails when you can play PS1 games in 1080p, but you're stuck with PS3 gamnes in 720p. :conf::angry:
Actually, the PS3 has more 1080p games than the 360. The 360 just upscales, and so the back of the case often cheats on the resolution. It's a lie. At least you can trust what it says on the PS3 games. I do like the upscaling though, which the PS3 doesn't do.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
considering youre using a pc monitor, which im assuming is 16:10, id definitely go with 360 which supports scaling those resolutions. ps3 will be stretched, unless your monitor does 1:1 pixel mapping in which case itll be pretty small with 720p stuff.

Malone

n00b
So are the ports of KOF on the PS2 and 360 as good as the real thing? because it will be so much cheaper buying consoles!