Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Available now on steam

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Still gonna get it; however, some of the repeating titles bum me out. 86ing them could’ve made room for Guardians of the Hood, STUN Runner, Race/Hard Drivin’, Blasteroids, Pit Fighter, etc.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Still gonna get it; however, some of the repeating titles bum me out. 86ing them could’ve made room for Guardians of the Hood, STUN Runner, Race/Hard Drivin’, Blasteroids, Pit Fighter, etc.
It's like they exist in a vacuum. Those all are like "duh!". Especially the Drivin' games and Stun Runner 🤦‍♂️

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I mentioned it in a more detailed post earlier in the thread but the IP for those games is currently held by Warner Bros. Rather than Atari SA (fka infogrames), the company that is behind this game pack. Would have been awesome to have that stuff too but probably would have cost too much to license.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I mentioned it in a more detailed post earlier in the thread but the IP for those games is currently held by Warner Bros. Rather than Atari SA (fka infogrames), the company that is behind this game pack. Would have been awesome to have that stuff too but probably would have cost too much to license.
Gay

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Forgot Road Blasters, but yeah. Early 90s Atari @ the Pizza Joint collection needs to happen.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think Songbird has the licenses to a lot of those Lynx games you’d actually and to play now, Atari probably didn’t want to pay.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I can go back to the SCD version for shits 'n giggles, actually it plays very well and is a great piece of software, all things considered.

The SCD port of Samurai is very well done, unlike the port of Fatal Fury Special. Static backgrounds suck, but the sprite size is nearly the same as the Neo and it includes all the attacks missing in the cart port. I just can't handle the 30fps or weird control scheme of the 3DO port.

I recently played quite a bit of Samurai and Mortal Kombat on the SCD. These were shit on heavily for their load times but replaying them now, the load times are not nearly as bad as modern games. Samurai SCD load times are near instant compared to SS 2019 on Xbox One.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Quite appreciating DA's work on finishing/reimagining several of these. More effort than some similar releases.