Asked a guy about the legitimacy of a loose MVS cart

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
isn't the answer to the guys question yes since other games are sacced to make some boots? some people might not even know people bothered to make boots of mvs or it could be a weird translation thing???

shadow is right anyhow...that is where to go.

edit:meh unrefreshed tab and typing:confused:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
the guy opened the cart ..saw the SNK board and asked the question.

You reply with a "YES" and tell him to compare with mvs scans as karou suggested.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
the guy opened the cart ..saw the SNK board and asked the question.

You reply with a "YES" and tell him to compare with mvs scans as karou suggested.

wasn't me I was answering the first question 2nd after ninjainspandex there too. shadowkn should be credited for the real help not me!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If he didn't get back to you, it's probably a bootleg anyways.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
One time I asked an ebay seller if a GBA cart was real and he responded with "Yes they are made in China" :keke:

blankspace

n00b
I looked at an auction for an MVS cart on ebay and the seller basically said something to the effect of "I don't feel like opening this up, if you are worried about bootlegs please look at a different auction." It was worded very politely and it seemed like he wanted to make sure people who are concerned about legitimate carts didn't bid on it. It was endearing.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
That's gameboardocs. He usually has that disclaimer on boards with fake labels and obvious fakes. I've seen a couple of his auctions where he opened the cart and had pictures. I've never actually bought any of his stuff nor heard of anyone who has so no idea if he sells boots.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I looked at an auction for an MVS cart on ebay and the seller basically said something to the effect of "I don't feel like opening this up, if you are worried about bootlegs please look at a different auction." It was worded very politely and it seemed like he wanted to make sure people who are concerned about legitimate carts didn't bid on it. It was endearing.

I would never deal with this guy ..as he is an ass.

DeusVult

Another Striker

I think he has a metal slug 5 going for a good price, but as soon I you read his disclaimer style description that's the end of that. there was a prehistoric isle also at a good price from another seller said he peeked inside and the boards where SNK but no mention if the chips where legit.

you would get more if you confirmed it was original. staying away from those deals

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think he has a metal slug 5 going for a good price, but as soon I you read his disclaimer style description that's the end of that. there was a prehistoric isle also at a good price from another seller said he peeked inside and the boards where SNK but no mention if the chips where legit.

you would get more if you confirmed it was original. staying away from those deals
you mean this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/METAL-SLUG-...156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2347cb44f4

100% it's a boot, MS5 only came in a black shell. So unless someone replaced the shell with a green one but that is highly unlikely.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The whole not opening the cart thing is bullshit. MVS is one of the easiest formats to determine legitimacy. If you can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to open and compare with MVS Scans, you don't deserve the sale, simple as that.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Oh they know they are bootlegs but they don't want to say they are because it is against the TOS to openly sell bootlegs/counterfeits on Ebay

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oh they know they are bootlegs but they don't want to say they are because it is against the TOS to openly sell bootlegs/counterfeits on Ebay

and that is why u can buy it... if it is a boot ebay will refund you 100% and give you a free back shipping to the jackass... it doesn't matter if it says no returns and what not ... seller can say anything ... but if it is against TOS they are screwed.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
and that is why u can buy it... if it is a boot ebay will refund you 100% and give you a free back shipping to the jackass... it doesn't matter if it says no returns and what not ... seller can say anything ... but if it is against TOS they are screwed.

Yep. This is why I'll always take a chance.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I thought Ebay didn't require the item to be returned if it's counterfeit. It's supposed to be disposed of according to their TOS.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would never deal with this guy ..as he is an ass.

Yes he is. He also never leaves feedback at all, no matter if you leave for him or not. However I got from him recently an Andro Dunos, a broken Burning Fight and some other cart. Turned out the burning fight just had one of the boards upside down, it works perfect, and the price was decent for eBay prices. He also combined shipping.

Regards.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I do have feedback left by gameboardsoc.