Artie Lange

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Not that it's really news, but that dudes entire nose has been smashed in for some time now. He was talking to a judge in another older video that is sad to watch... Looks like to much coke or something. I also wondered if maybe he fucked up with a dealer and got it punched in and it collapsed.. This dude needs to sit in jail. The fact he's alive is a miracle, but the guy made me laugh during the pre Stern sell out era. I don't blame Stern for original distancing himself from him. The dude is a addict and a high risk person.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/artie-lange-nose-botched-doctor-fix-snorting/

I wanna see this dude make a change, but the guys been down this road like a million times..

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
On the bright side, he's got a killer complexion that is very suitable for his white hair.

0522-artie-lange-mugshot-essex-county-sheriffs-office-4.jpg

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lange has said that he didn't realize that some of the cocaine he snorted contained tiny glass shards, which is what fucked his nose up, or at least he thinks that what did it. I'd think that's when most people'd go shit I gotta stop this stuff.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Every time anyone brings him up, I expect to hear he's died. Not only does he look like a homeless guy who somehow has a home, but he sounds like a guy 40 years older than he is. I think most people, including him, have now realized he's passed the point of no return.

On a side note, he shares a birthday with me and kern.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
expected this to be a RIP thread.
he belongs in jail.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Every time anyone brings him up, I expect to hear he's died. Not only does he look like a homeless guy who somehow has a home, but he sounds like a guy 40 years older than he is. I think most people, including him, have now realized he's passed the point of no return.

On a side note, he shares a birthday with me and kern.

Totally agree with your comment.

I would imagine if you show this picture to people, most would not know who the person is.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think those last two photos are out of order. But the crazy thing is that he looks even worse now than any of those.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Lange has said that he didn't realize that some of the cocaine he snorted contained tiny glass shards, which is what fucked his nose up, or at least he thinks that what did it. I'd think that's when most people'd go shit I gotta stop this stuff.

Coke mixes with the mucus in your nose and forms an acid. It's only a weak acid so you need a fuck load over years and years to melt your nose but that's exactly what a healthy long running habit will do for you. The idea that someone sat there and grated bits of glass into a few of his scores seems a bit far fetched.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man I just saw him in an episode of Crashing from last season and he didn't look like that. Fucking hell he looks like the guy meth dealer Salton Sea or Dan Ackroyd from crazy ass movie with Chevy Chase and Demi Moore.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
He looks like a Dick Tracey bad guy or something. I always felt bad for the MAD alum. Great comedians, but no luck or notoriety like SNL folks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Like the drunk puking his guts out and complaining that the ice cubes must have been dirty.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
He looks like a Dick Tracey bad guy or something. I always felt bad for the MAD alum. Great comedians, but no luck or notoriety like SNL folks.
Lange got as much notoriety as anyone would ever need and probably more than he personally deserved through the Stern show. He had an audience of millions daily for years and all the free promotion for his stand up and other projects he could ever want, and he made millions with it. It's just that he pissed it all away multiple times.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Damn.

Dirty Work is one of my favorite movies ever. That's just fucked up.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

His Dick Tracy Villain name would be "Blowjob."

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Never thought he was that funny. Beer League sucked. Howard Stern is ok.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
He looks like he ran face first into a wall and his nose just collapsed Looney Tunes accordion style. He had a lot going for him, too bad he couldn’t get help before wasting it all on blow and heroin.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Coke mixes with the mucus in your nose and forms an acid. It's only a weak acid so you need a fuck load over years and years to melt your nose but that's exactly what a healthy long running habit will do for you. The idea that someone sat there and grated bits of glass into a few of his scores seems a bit far fetched.

Yeah, like Stevie Nicks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
how much you worth?
Stern in his day was arguably the greatest, most gifted virtuoso interviewer of our lifetime. Eat shit, Barbara Wawa. Too bad, Cronkite. And I would say a lot of his best interviews came from the period after Lange left, when a lot of people (mistakenly, I think) believed the show was already in decline.

But now, it actually is in decline. He is a pale shadow of what he was, and saying he's phoning in his current work is an insult to phones. His transitions now make it clear he's working off a pre-interview, which he NEVER used to do.

Keep in mind, in my opinion, he could do nothing but play 4 hours a day of the emergency broadcast system alarm for the next decade straight, and it would take nothing away from the magnitude of his previous accomplishment. But what he's doing now is shit.

Marek

Banned
Stern in his day was arguably the greatest, most gifted virtuoso interviewer of our lifetime. Eat shit, Barbara Wawa. Too bad, Cronkite. And I would say a lot of his best interviews came from the period after Lange left, when a lot of people (mistakenly, I think) believed the show was already in decline.

But now, it actually is in decline. He is a pale shadow of what he was, and saying he's phoning in his current work is an insult to phones. His transitions now make it clear he's working off a pre-interview, which he NEVER used to do.

Keep in mind, in my opinion, he could do nothing but play 4 hours a day of the emergency broadcast system alarm for the next decade straight, and it would take nothing away from the magnitude of his previous accomplishment. But what he's doing now is shit.

Wow.

The Kid issues a rare ringing endorsement.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wow.

The Kid issues a rare ringing endorsement.
I grew up not liking Stern. Borderline hating him. It's not my type of humor. But catching some of his interviews on youtube, leading me to other interviews, down the whole rabbit hole of eventually listening to/watching the majority of his late '90s to mid-2010s output, I was forced to revise my opinion. It's still not my type of humor generally, but the man is immensely talented. Criminally underrated by the mainstream, who I think saw him the same way I had.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah when I was a kid, I thought it'd be easy being an interviewer. Hell I coulda been right, my past self maybe coulda done it. But now? I don't even know how to talk to people during lunch. Interviewing is a real skill and the pros make it look so easy.