Are Gaming's Best Days in the...

Are Gaming's Best Days in the...

• Total voters

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Gotta say present. Why?

Because nothing on next gen consoles interests me.

If I want a certain game, I can pretty much pick it up without too much of a problem. If I can't, then there is always emulation.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I love classic games, but the Wii could really bring something fresh to the table that has so many posibilities. I see Wii as the next console that will really make gamers feel like they are involved as opposed to the many first person shooters and mmorpgs which have flooded the market in the last few years and has made gaming really boring.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
theres good games from every era, absolute classics

therefore this poll is dumb

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Past. There will never be another system that had the pure entertainment value of the NES. The best games on the NES will be fun for years and years to come, and I don't see that as much for things that are newer.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Gaming has gotten better every year IMO.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Bonk, SMB3, and Metal Slug are the only games that have ever mattered.

PS: Where is all the Bonk love? Why haven't we seen anyone try and revive the license.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Great games come around every generation, but I enjoyed gaming the most in the past.

J. Max

judas,
BoriquaSNK said:

PS: Where is all the Bonk love? Why haven't we seen anyone try and revive the license.

NEC remade the first one in Japan for the Gamecube.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
I wil have to admit that i had more fun in the past, not because the games were truly amazing pieces of software and all that bullshit but mainly cause i was more enthusiastic about video games at all, after a certain age (i cant remember when that starts to happen) i lost the will to play every game that comes into my way, i start to select the games so much that these days i buy the game and it remain in the shelf for months until i play it.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I vote "Past".

I mean yeah, there's more than a few great
games here or there right now, and probably
more than a few coming out in the future that
just couldn't have been done in the past, but
for the most part all the great stuff, THE
MAGIC, is gone.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
seeing as this is a forum dedicated to a console that was first released in 1990/89; the outcome of this poll will be pretty easy to predict.

Personally I think the choice comes down to your age. I mean better, amazing games may come out on xbox360, PS3 whatever that I'll probably buy & have fun with, but they'll never come close to the memories of me & buddies playing Super Mario World, Chono Trigger and Art of Fighting 2 all summer long when we were 12. These days I barely have 3 hours in the week for videogames - career & life in general get in the way. :crying:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I have to say past... why...

The Future is Now

330 Mega Shock

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:

I thought I had read something about a new Bonk game coming to Wii.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I agree with Kernow on this one, every generation has great games.

I will not how ever that game development is in a deep valley right now. Things are changing, old ways are being shaken out, and the way games are played and distributed will hopefully be changing for the better.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
The future, can't wait for what the SotC team comes up with next.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
the glory days of gaming are long gone. There haven't been enough games in the past years with the originality and thought of those gems of old. I think gaming still has a long way to travel before it finally eclipses, but there is no special place in my heart for any game in the past 8 years save for a few....:crying:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Golden Age of Gaming was the 16-bit era.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I am one of those that feel the better games in the past. I can’t put my finger on it but older games like Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Contra, Castlevania, Bomberman, Actraiser, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, etc seem to have something that newer games lack. Many games are remakes of remakes or cookie-cutter titles like Madden 1,000,000 or Tony Hawk part 60. I’m not saying that modern games are shit, but I just prefer most of the older ones. Gaming is too commercial now and when that happens, things go to pot. They are more concerned with appealing to Joe and Sally 18 year old My Space user than 28 year old long time game fan. For every one of us there are 100 of them and that's where the $$ is at.

H

hermegildo

smokehouse said:
I can’t put my finger on it but older games like Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Contra, Castlevania, Bomberman, Actraiser, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, etc seem to have something that newer games lack.
Sprites?

3D models are fucking lifeless.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SNES and the Neo are my two favorite systems. Also, the enjoyment of playing in an arcade will likely never be replicated.

Past.

daybona

Juz,
Every generation has great games.

Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention.

(Although I will admit my favorite era is the 16 bit)