'arcadetower' on ebay ..

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
http://www.ebay.com/usr/arcadetower

I was checking his stuff and he happened to have a few mvs titles in good shape, and a few pcbs i'm interested in. His items are pretty damn amazing; he even had a SF2:Dash pcb kit with all the documentation in pristine shape, lots of cave shmups, tetris grand master.. Anyhow, I was going to place an order and then I checked his feedbacks.. One negative feedback.

Seller is a known scam artist banned from all arcade gaming forums. Do not trust Buyer:

Jan-20-14 19:17 Feedback conversation
Game tengoku / paradise Jaleco mega sys32 3 games set JAMMA PCB ORIGINAL ARCADE (#321286669100)

:shame:

What this about? I found some posts on forums about him like here refering to arcadetower being "stv/Steve/japandealer", which lead me to this post on shmups.org about 'stv'..

Any concrete info would be appreciated. It sucks that it appears to be a potentially shady dealer. I was seriously hyped about buying some of his stuff :eek:

I left that feedback, Its a very long story so I'll try and condense. Months back I asked for a sorcer striker and was sent a kingdom grandprix. The price I paid was about $300. His response was the price I paid was for a kingdom grandprix, even though he currently had another kingdom grandprix listed on his site for $150.

He then proceeded to tell me I needed to return the wrong pcb and give him another $150 for the sorcer striker I originally asked for. Even though our original agreement was for a $300 sorcer striker.

After all his shady emails and excuses I didnt want to send the kingdom grandprix back, I just didnt trust him with both the pcb and my money, so I decided to keep the pcb at a loss.

Then I bought the mega 32 package from him on ebay without realizing I was dealing with the same guy. I think he recognized my info and sent me a broken mobo to fuck with me.

Ebay was no help in getting my money back, but my credit card company got it back through paypal eventually.

Last edited:
I should also mention I only claimed the cost of the broken mobo, not the whole purchase. Even though my credit card company wanted me to claim the whole thing after I showed them proof of our entire history. I was refunded half the cost of the mega 32 package.

Steve never responded to my ebay claim, not a single response or email, which shows me he knows what he was doing.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It really sucks hearing the horror stories about this dude, then seeing some of the stuff he has for sale.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
It really sucks hearing the horror stories about this dude, then seeing some of the stuff he has for sale.

Totally.

Looking at his stuff and going "Ooooh!" then seeing this thread and going "Noooooo!"

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the heads up, I almost bought some MVS games off him.