Arcades in Northern Virginia / Maryland?

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So I used Arcadefly.com to locate some in N VA and went to check out a couple leads.

I found a mall arcade in the Springfield mall which was okay but only had Capcom vs SNK 1 with 4 buttons. That game is unplayable to me. I couldn't find the arcades listed in the Potomac Mall.

So went and checked out another lead, Ultra Zone and again they only had CvS 1 and again 4 buttons (wtf).

This will not do.

Anyone know of any arcades in the N. VA or Maryland area that have decent 2D fighters?, any KOF will do and SF IV also.

plz help

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
So I used Arcadefly.com to locate some in N VA and went to check out a couple leads.

I found a mall arcade in the Springfield mall which was okay but only had Capcom vs SNK 1 with 4 buttons. That game is unplayable to me. I couldn't find the arcades listed in the Potomac Mall.

So went and checked out another lead, Ultra Zone and again they only had CvS 1 and again 4 buttons (wtf).

This will not do.

Anyone know of any arcades in the N. VA or Maryland area that have decent 2D fighters?, any KOF will do and SF IV also.

plz help

Capcom vs. SNK only uses 4 buttons.

Once, ages ago, there was an arcade at Skyline Mall in northern Virginia called Fun Company. It had a number of Capcom fighters (including Power Stone, MvC2, CvS2 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo) and Metal Slug. Unfortunately, the mall closed for good at the end of 2003, and along with it went Fun Company, 2 Discovery Zones (no idea why there were two), and an awesome sushi restaurant. Oddly enough, I remember Ultra Zone had Metal Slug back in early 1997 (I even had a birthday party there back in 1996).

So, yeah, you're pretty much out of luck in terms of arcades around the DC area (unless you go to an anime convention, like Otakon). You also should've stopped by ilazul's house last Saturday (that lineup of arcade cabinets would put any arcade to shame).

SSS

neo retired
You'd have to check with EvilMike, but I believe there's a Tilt in White Marsh, maybe another arcade in Towson. That arcade in Springfield used to have SF3 3rd Strike, but I bought it. :make_fac:

For tons of classic cabs, check out Crab Town USA in glen burnie.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Looks like im a total CvS1 noob.

Thanks for the tips.

You also should've stopped by ilazul's house last Saturday (that lineup of arcade cabinets would put any arcade to shame).

How do i find this guy and what game cabinets does he have?

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Looks like im a total CvS1 noob.

Thanks for the tips.

How do i find this guy and what game cabinets does he have?

Sent you a PM.

Oh man, back in the day.. the Tilt at ballston had every game as it came out. Top of the line condition and great competition. Skyline had a wicked arcade with tons of shmups, potmac mills had every new machine, Landmark mall had a great arcade, and even some of the local theatres had tons of fighters. But now, the best you'll find is two SVC chaos machines at ballston.

It's really, really sad. And it's actually why I got into the hobby. I mean, yeah new games aren't coming out all the time, but these places don't even take care of the machines they have. Hell, most of them get their machines from golden coin amusements.

If you're ever heading back to zone, hit me up a PM. I can get you in for free :P I know like 1/2 the staff there.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
All right.

PM replied.

I thought with many Easterners and Mexicans here there would be at least something..