Arcade1up better than real cabs?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Fuck those are sick. I should have pulled the trigger on them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping the cash for those. Like any collectable they maintain their value and will appreciate in value. Very easy to trade or sell for a bigger and better piece.

I have a suggestion for your Thanos on Throne. Get a motorized lazy Susan off Amazon that supports like 100 pounds. Light up the gauntlet and watch it turn. If I decide to let go of my exclusive head I'll let you know.

My pride and joy is my Doctor Doom. He's like 3 feet tall.

20200614_210939_13.jpg

20200614_210929_13.jpg

Back to the Arcade 1ups. I'm pretty pissed about how they are breaking up the Marvel Games. I heard that the MVC cab is Home Shopping Network only. The fuck. I'm also curious to see if the marvel cabs will have scanlines like NBA Jam. I have the TMNT cab and the image is lackluster without them. I hardly ever play it and regret getting it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
God damn statues / figures / busts are so fucking tacky.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
oh great, the dollfuckers are multiplying.

uxWqihvl.jpg

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Fuck those are sick. I should have pulled the trigger on them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping the cash for those. Like any collectable they maintain their value and will appreciate in value. Very easy to trade or sell for a bigger and better piece.

I have a suggestion for your Thanos on Throne. Get a motorized lazy Susan off Amazon that supports like 100 pounds. Light up the gauntlet and watch it turn. If I decide to let go of my exclusive head I'll let you know.

My pride and joy is my Doctor Doom. He's like 3 feet tall.

View attachment 56952

View attachment 56953

Back to the Arcade 1ups. I'm pretty pissed about how they are breaking up the Marvel Games. I heard that the MVC cab is Home Shopping Network only. The fuck. I'm also curious to see if the marvel cabs will have scanlines like NBA Jam. I have the TMNT cab and the image is lackluster without them. I hardly ever play it and regret getting it.

That Legendary scale is so impressive but the size was too massive for me. I just have the Premium Doom and Alex Ross Bust.
68452951_10206016097597664_4269421290084892672_n.jpg

Going to install my Star Wars today.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Where is 8man? This thread needs 8man!!!

8man

Administrator
My cousin bought two Arcade1Up cabs for his small kids, and it works great for them.
But, not for me. The cabs are scaled down and the wide screen format gives you a smaller playing area.
They use thinner material for the build, joysticks and buttons are meh, and it's not as rugged as a standard cab.

There's nothing like my Neo Geo 4-slot MVS Cabs.

On the topic of making $220k+ per year... no one needs to know how much you make, except for your boss, your wife, and the IRS.
Don't worry though, the IRS will be taking some of that money back to pay everyone's stimulus checks.
You probably didn't realize it, you actually helped out 50+ needy families, and they're getting $1,200 each.
Dude, you're a hero, statues for everyone!

You can buy and collect whatever you want: big statues, small statues, doesn't matter... whatever makes you happy.
Even the guy that sold you the statue is happy, he made some money. Win-Win for everyone.

A month ago, I converted my guest suite into a Billiard Room.
Just picked up a nice metal Captain America collector shield to hang on the wall, along with some SNK Posters (getting them framed).
Tournament Blue Simonis cloth on the table, with Centennial balls, and it plays fantastic!

BilliardRoom.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
OK that's cool and all but for the love of all that is holy:

GIVE US AN UPDATE ON THE 8MAN METAL SLUG THEMED WATER PARK

Thank you.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My cousin bought two Arcade1Up cabs for his small kids, and it works great for them.
But, not for me. The cabs are scaled down and the wide screen format gives you a smaller playing area.
They use thinner material for the build, joysticks and buttons are meh, and it's not as rugged as a standard cab.

On the topic of making $220k+ per year... no one needs to know how much you make, except for your boss, your wife, and the IRS.
Don't worry though, the IRS will be taking some of that money back to pay everyone's stimulus checks.
You probably didn't realize it, you actually helped out 50+ needy families, and they're getting $1,200 each.

You can buy and collect whatever you want: big statues, small statues, doesn't matter... whatever makes you happy.
Even the guy that sold you the statue is happy, he made some money. Win-Win for everyone.

Just picked up a nice metal Captain America collector shield to hang on the wall, along with some SNK Posters (getting them framed).
Tournament Blue Simonis cloth on the table, with Centennial balls, and it plays fantastic!

View attachment 57093

That's cool that your wife gave you permission to do that. Does she keep your balls in the corner pocket?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

View attachment 57093

Looks like cueing off the cushions will be tight. People often underestimate the proper clearances required when installing a pool table. I had a 9' table in a 20' x 20' room and it still wasn't sufficient on 2 sides.

8man

Administrator
Our bedrooms are oversized...
The 8th Room, "Billiard Room" is 18' x 14' x 15' (hard to tell from the photo).
But, there's plenty of room to play.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Our bedrooms are oversized...
The 8th Room, "Billiard Room" is 18' x 14' x 15' (hard to tell from the photo).
But, there's plenty of room to play.

THE WATER PARK 8MAN, THE WATER PARK! WHERE IS IT

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just don't get it. These dudes miss the point of having a cab. I understand the appeal of building your own cabinet/cocktail/bartop. Sure. But... why a Gameboy, and WHY IS IT WIDESCREEN

8ODigcL.jpg

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Oh, I don't know, a Gameboy bartop would be fun, but screw having be widescreen. That's pretty stupid.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I can see someone wanting one or two of the little cabs that may have been their favorite games or such. Mostly this would be someone who doesn't really play them as much as just has them turned on in their game room, maybe in the background of their youtube videos. Other than that I would think most kids wouldn't be interested in the game selection released so far. However, maybe someone buying it to put in their office break room or waiting room for kids to play, maybe a car dealership to have something for kids to do while their parents buy a car would make sense to me.

The thing that gets me is the people who are buying them all and then spending a fortune on modding them. For that price they could just do a real cab I think for most of those games. I would rather have one nice real arcade game than a half dozen of those little 1up guys.

I don't know that I'll really ever get back into cabinets but maybe if I did I would go with some of the new jamma fpga stuff that is replacing old game boards.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just don't get it. These dudes miss the point of having a cab. I understand the appeal of building your own cabinet/cocktail/bartop. Sure. But... why a Gameboy, and WHY IS IT WIDESCREEN

rEtRo GaMes are ReTrO gAmEs, dude. Maybe you're the one who's missing the point!

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I don't know that I'll really ever get back into cabinets but maybe if I did I would go with some of the new jamma fpga stuff that is replacing old game boards.

That's essentially what I did. I have a Dynamo HS5 for my CPS2 multi, and a Dynamo HS1 for my CPS1 multi. Real hardware, on real cabs. And, they're fun projects to restore - actually, I've found this hobby quite addicting much to my and my partner's chagrin. lol

I think the allure of the 1up cabs is that they are generally trouble free, small, light weight, and are for the "catch-em-all" retro gamer who remembers the arcade but isn't obsessed with arcade games like the majority of us on here. It's less about price spent, and more about general maintenance and service. The casual retro-gamer won't spend the time and energy to troubleshoot the litany of issues that can/will go wrong with a real cab. These are antique pieces of hardware that, for most people, are more trouble than what they are worth. Basically, we're not the target audience.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
As an idiot who loves the arcade 1up. It takes up less space, and cheap to mod to a console cab. The chances of my old ass hosting anyone is mostly remote, but having 2 cabs allows me to play up to 4 players. Last if I want to have my perfect arcade a pinball and couple of racing rigs that can go head to head would be all I would ever want. Considering going Arcade 1up is probably close to the same money spent if I had the real deal (new since not comfortable fixing a used) pinball cabinet. Also considering I've had more fun with Zen studios over the years then the real deal I'd be happy with it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I like Arcade1up as well. I think I said this in another thread, but I like them because the barrier to entry is so low. Easy to get into my home, easy to set up, easy to move, nice size, great for kids. Maybe some of the earlier ones sucked, but I have no problems with the wave 3 cabs like Marvel and TMNT.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah I like my marvel super heroes one. I modded it ages ago. Haven't turned it on for a while because I've been busy working on another RetroPi project for consoles.

Was trying to set up Jaguar for it (never played a Jag before) and apparently no one gives enough of a shit to get it running well on a Pi. Ah well.

Back OT, it doesn't feel like a real cab, swapping carts/boards, etc. But it's nice to turn on, play some random arcade games and then get back to life at hand.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have nothing against the arcade 1up cabs, but, and I know this is gonna sound autistic, to me an arcade cab should have a warm phosphor glow emanating from a CRT screen. Otherwise it’s not an arcade cab. I don’t care how people spend their money, and I guess it’s cool if kids get to see sort-of what arcades were like, but personally I have no interest.