Arcade1up better than real cabs?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I like the side art on the cabinet. That one is actually kind of tempting just for how it looks.

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
I like the side art on the cabinet. That one is actually kind of tempting just for how it looks.

It has the most beautiful cabinet art, IMO. I especially like how the Marvel characters are in color on one side while the Capcom characters are black and white, and then the opposite on the other side.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Great to hear. Im looking to get the xvsf one sooner than later. Is it somewhat active too? Is it easy to activate/use the extra characters in online? Sorry for the barrage of questions. About the only person outside of videos that I know that owns one.

I must say it sure looks pretty with the stool, light up marquee and riser.
I like the side art on the x men street fighter one.
This one even has bios setting to change level settings. It is quite active, most people are playing the marvel vs capcom game which is also on the one you want that also has free online play.

The most people i have seen online at once is about 16 but then when im in bed at midnight here it would ve early evening elsewhere so might be busier then. Afrer my first match though it said i was ranked 100 + so definitely over 100 are playing it online.

Extra characters are just as easy to activate plus using chun li in alpha costume is just a 2 button push and I have used the secret character Roll a few times

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I do love the look of the Marvel vs Capcom cab, i think it is the best one yet. I have to be honest I am not the biggest fans of the games they seemed just too chaotic for me, but its been years since I played any of the Vs. games. But even still, I do consider getting it and giving them a try because I love the look so much.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I own both of the vs games on Saturn and had marvel vs capcom on 360 so I have played each of them a ton. Honestly Xmen vs street fighter is one of my favorite games of all time as I played it in the arcade in elementary school into highschool.

I just want to jump online and wreck people with arcade replica hardware and im very happy its active as it is. Good stuff man.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It is indeed very chaotic at times so much happens at once that you cant keep up with it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I do love the look of the Marvel vs Capcom cab, i think it is the best one yet. I have to be honest I am not the biggest fans of the games they seemed just too chaotic for me, but its been years since I played any of the Vs. games. But even still, I do consider getting it and giving them a try because I love the look so much.
I like the first 3, with Marvel Vs Capcom being my favorite. MvsC2 is ok but that one is definitely too chaotic for me.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

The xmen v sf a1up cap has three games that are fully compatible with the other four versions ofthat cabinet. everytime i log on there are three or fourmatchez going on. Ive never had to wait for a match. The pro ordered cabinets still have not arrived either. Just the store bought units are active. So once those people get them I expect the danger rooms to be full. Those people that pre order are probably more into the titles.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

I was never big into M v C either, just seems like straight button mashing. I prefer Xmen v streetfighter, its more precise

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Yep. Well it’s a moot point for me anyway since it looks like Best Buy is sold out of all the MvC machines and I don’t think it’s available from any other retailer.

Guys, I have to say I am seriously considering getting an Attack From Mars pinball machine when it comes out. The only pinball game I really played was Terminator 2 (some other random ones too I suppose that I don’t even remember).

I downloaded pinball fx3 on my switch have been playing the free game fish tales and having a ton of fun with it.

My main concern about the Arcade1up machine is if you can turn off the animations on the games...just seems weird to me. If you can do that on the Attack From Mars table then I am sold. You can’t do that on the Marvel or Star Wars tables but i think those only ever existed as digital pinball games...not actual tables so maybe that’s why?

Also CES is like a week away...will be curious to see what Arcade1up will reveal.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Wow they actually got Killer Instinct cab coming out. Comes w/ Killer Instinct 2, Battletoads(arcade), & for some reason Battletoads vs Double Dragon SNES. I think they said wifi on KI too.

X-men 4 player, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, & another Atari cab too.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Looks like they've got some SF2WW themed cab coming that has 12 games on it. The marquee design leaves me scratching my head, but it's a solid lineup of games.

Wonder if they'll ever make candy cab replicas. That would be pretty cool, I think.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Wow they actually got Killer Instinct cab coming out. Comes w/ Killer Instinct 2, Battletoads(arcade), & for some reason Battletoads vs Double Dragon SNES. I think they said wifi on KI too.

X-men 4 player, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, & another Atari cab too.

If they really wanted to do something special they would've made the X-Men game in its original dual screen 6 player mode.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Looks like they've got some SF2WW themed cab coming that has 12 games on it. The marquee design leaves me scratching my head, but it's a solid lineup of games.

Wonder if they'll ever make candy cab replicas. That would be pretty cool, I think.
Oh damn. I've owned a KI board but never a cab. That would be pretty cool for sure. And retropie still can't run the KI games.

I just don't get that. Retropie can run dreamcast and Naomi, PSP, etc... But not ki 1 or 2?

Weird.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh damn. I've owned a KI board but never a cab. That would be pretty cool for sure. And retropie still can't run the KI games.

I just don't get that. Retropie can run dreamcast and Naomi, PSP, etc... But not ki 1 or 2?

Weird.

Poorly optimised emulation.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
An impressive lineup but not really interested in Killer Instinct. I absolutely hate the Battletoads arcade game and I'm content with having the 2 KI games on my Xbone...never realy play those anyway since I love the 3rd game so much more.

I'll also pass on X-Men. Fun game but dont have much nostalgia for it...plus the other 2 games on it are kind of lame. The Avengers beat em up is ok (I had it on Genesis) but that Galactic fighting game looks retarded.

I am interested in the SF cab though. I never bit on the first release since it had a ton of issues but I'm assuming the quality of this version will be on par with their recent releases so I'll bite now.

I'm also interested in the atari 12-1. Love Tempest...and centipede.millipede will be good bonuses. My only concern on that is the monitor oreientation since they have a mix of hori and vert games, which I hate. I'll likely pass but it sucks because I do love Tempest.

Hard pass on Pac Man and Dragons Lair....zero interest in those ones.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If they really wanted to do something special they would've made the X-Men game in its original dual screen 6 player mode.

oh im pretty sure they will release it later on, they dotn want to blow their load all at once. I mean this is the 3rd SF cab and im sure their will be the wifi version for the 30th anniversary

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ahhh, I'd love a KI mini fake cab. What a fun game that was back in the day.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
oh im pretty sure they will release it later on, they dotn want to blow their load all at once. I mean this is the 3rd SF cab and im sure their will be the wifi version for the 30th anniversary

Yeah the rumor is that they will soon start making full size cabs this year. I could see a 6 player X-Men and SF Anniversary cab both being released as full size.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Xmen cab is a day one buy for me, told myself as soon as they came out with one i would buy it.

The golden tee cab looks fun, something about golf games that makes them addictive. Would love to hear opinions about that cab.

I think at this point they should be ditching the risers and just start making the cab that height. They were introduced to give some flexibility on height but people overwhelming prefer the height with the riser. i think it would give the cabs a more streamlined and authentic look. It might even bring the costs down for them since they wont have to manufacture separate risers.

With offering the risers separate it gives them the option to sell the mini cab and riser separate. The new wave will have the basic units available for $300 bucks and the deluxe version (with a riser and a lit marquee) for $400. I will pick up any basic units I find at walmart. These are mostly for my kids but also to fill out the game room. I did hear the rumor of full size cabs but those do not interest me. Depends on the titles ultimately. I also heard the rumor that AtGames was going to release a basic version of their ultimate legends cabinet. That would be a day one buy for me. Those seem to have every game on them. Even MVS games.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
They're okay for what they are but dont expect high end materials. As someone who owned several of these at one point, all I can say is that they're cheaply made, fall apart fast, and god help you if you have any problem with moisture in your home, because you will spend lots of time cleaning off broken bits of particle board. More than anything else, with how cheap the controls are expect to replace them at least twice a year. They can be alot of fun, but I would not recommend them to serious gamers.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
The problem isn't the cabinets are made cheap.

The problem is actually trying to use them as if they were made to be played, when they are just made to be a prop in the background for YouTube videos.

Silly gamer, games are for displaying, not playing.