Arcade stick recommendations for Neo Geo.

neogodzilla

New Challenger
Greetings everyone. Long story short, I have been out of the MVS scene for over 15 years. Still have my Neo CD and have been an active gamer/collector. This year for my 39th birthday I treated myself to an Omega Neo Geo. It is freaking amazing! Didn't realize how much I missed this system :glee:. I am looking for some arcade stick recommendations and wondering if there is any company out there that makes new ones. I have a Mad Catz stick for the Ps4 and love it. I kind of prefer the clicky stick. For now I am using a mini MAS arcade stick for the Neo Geo. It suffices but I am not in love with it. Wondering what you all use and if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The Hori Neo Stick is a good choice.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
Greetings everyone. Long story short, I have been out of the MVS scene for over 15 years. Still have my Neo CD and have been an active gamer/collector. This year for my 39th birthday I treated myself to an Omega Neo Geo. It is freaking amazing! Didn't realize how much I missed this system :glee:. I am looking for some arcade stick recommendations and wondering if there is any company out there that makes new ones. I have a Mad Catz stick for the Ps4 and love it. I kind of prefer the clicky stick. For now I am using a mini MAS arcade stick for the Neo Geo. It suffices but I am not in love with it. Wondering what you all use and if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I use PS4/PS3 Hori VLX or OG Madcatz PS3 TE with the new Brooke PS3/PS4 to Neo adaptor. After the firmware update, Arcade Shock arranged with Brooke, it's control layouts are great. I have the OG Neo Geo AES arcade sticks and as awesome as they look, they're not very good compared to the newer sticks.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Get a toodles MC chthulu board and build your own, with whatever hardware suits you. You can also set it up to work on more than neo geo if you want.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Did you do the mod yourself? Very kool. Will look into doing that to mine.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Did you do the mod yourself? Very kool. Will look into doing that to mine.

If that was directed at me, then yes, I did mod it myself. I also have MC Cthulhu, PS4, and XBox One PCBs in there (mirror plexi is hard to photograph).

zKdlkko.jpg

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Not sure how he did his, but I modified mine to have an rj45 jack on it, then you can modify the specific console plug end with an rj45 (for non usb consoles) and swap them out. Mine has nes, snes, dreamcast, mini-din, db15, saturn, genesis etc.

I think focus attack or someone on the srk forums will even make the plug ends for you.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Not sure how he did his, but I modified mine to have an rj45 jack on it, then you can modify the specific console plug end with an rj45 (for non usb consoles) and swap them out. Mine has nes, snes, dreamcast, mini-din, db15, saturn, genesis etc.

I think focus attack or someone on the srk forums will even make the plug ends for you.

You can see the Neutrik RJ-45 jack in my first photo. I use that for everything but the Neo-Geo.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I prefer use the original controller. Although it may not be the best it gives you the better feeling of the original gaming experience, as it was meant to be.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
You can see the Neutrik RJ-45 jack in my first photo. I use that for everything but the Neo-Geo.

Must have passed that pic, Yeah the neutrik is the only way to go. Is there a reason why you went with the dedicated jack for the neo geo? I only did NES/SNES/n64/saturn/ps2/DC/mini din/usb

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
The Hori Neo Stick is a good choice.

If you can find one I support this method.

like other suggested modding the controllers is also good, or if you have the time build your own from scratch so it'll be to the specs you want.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Zeiniken, that is so classy. Love the ST concept sketch art, timeless. The little logos add a little bit of flair in a subdue way. I wish I could see it in person, does Tek-inovations provided you with all the art and logos? How did you go about it?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my new stick works with neo. just sayin'.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I wish I could see it in person, does Tek-inovations provided you with all the art and logos? How did you go about it?

No, they only provide templates that fit various commercial arcade sticks. The customer submits their own design.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
How about the pic of guile itself? Did it need to be high rez or high DPi for Tek to work with? Was it a vector? DO you have them ST arts in high rez? Would you mind sharing them?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I prefer use the original controller. Although it may not be the best it gives you the better feeling of the original gaming experience, as it was meant to be.

Me, too. I think we're definitely in the minority though.