!Arcade!/Ray Young scams Arcade Shock?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
What a piece of shit.

It looks like both Shawn and Trieu will be getting screwed by this guy.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
TonK said:
Damn, Karma is a BITCH, huh Vinh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWHAHAHA.. I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

Wow, I hope Vinh gets his money back... he is one of the good guys.

*spits out drink*

What? No he's not..

TonK

Least Valuable Player
NeoCverA said:
So what's the story?

Vinh cares about Vinh - you are cool if you buy something off him.

I don't give a fuck if he gets screwed...

I don't give a fuck if his site goes down the fucking toilet...

I'm not telling the story over and over again --- its around here somewhere...

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
TonK said:
Vinh cares about Vinh - you are cool if you buy something off him.

I don't give a fuck if he gets screwed...

I don't give a fuck if his site goes down the fucking toilet...

I'm not telling the story over and over again --- its around here somewhere...

Is he evil :angry:

*edit I only ask cus he has some nice MVC2 Naomi kits.

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Razoola said:
It's very intresting that the time the source of phantom1 disapeers a new phanton 1 replacement pops up (NEO super SNK MVS Convertor ), take a look at this folks...

http://www.ic2005.com/html/2005/show-41.htm

Raz

I saw that over at Neo-arcadia.com I wondered if there was any connection. Sorry to here that Trieu is having this kinda trouble. I haven't bought a kit from him since SSV came out. :crying: I'll have to him him up for my next kit.

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
JMKurtz said:
So sad as !Arcade! did some good things for the Neo.

Jeff

wasn't !Arcade! the company that went on to say they were releasing the AES 2 about a few years ago.

For thos noobs or thos that don't remember

The company had taken out an ad even in an indi games mag. the system looked like a 2-slot MVS that suposibly played AES and MVS games and came with PS2 looking controllers. They later went on to say that there was no demand than most of us Neo.com'ers went on to send him emails claiming that we would buy it if it was made then some short time later changed his story to say that the system cost too much to create. his claim was probably true but I remember many of us belive that the damn thing never worked in the first place and aside form the ad in the mag no photogaphic evedince was ever shown either.

Ray and !arcade! as a seller never seemed very reliable to me at all.

Tacitus

Staff member
Parallax said:
wasn't !Arcade! the company that went on to say they were releasing the AES 2 about a few years ago.

For thos noobs or thos that don't remember

The company had taken out an ad even in an indi games mag. the system looked like a 2-slot MVS that suposibly played AES and MVS games and came with PS2 looking controllers. They later went on to say that there was no demand than most of us Neo.com'ers went on to send him emails claiming that we would buy it if it was made then some short time later changed his story to say that the system cost too much to create. his claim was probably true but I remember many of us belive that the damn thing never worked in the first place and aside form the ad in the mag no photogaphic evedince was ever shown either.

Ray and !arcade! as a seller never seemed very reliable to me at all.

It was the Shadow-4 wasn't it? He claimed to sell a few and even listed one on ebay, no one has come forward to say that the own one though. Weird stuff.

As far as it relates to Trieu, I don't wish him bad fortune but I certainly won't give a shit if it befalls him.

Let his cult of personality at his website overpay for his garbage if they feel bad for him.... I just wonder why the Asian Missile himself hasn't come over here himself and told his story? :kekeke:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
VanillaThunder said:
It was the Shadow-4 wasn't it? He claimed to sell a few and even listed one on ebay, no one has come forward to say that the own one though. Weird stuff.

As far as it relates to Trieu, I don't wish him bad fortune but I certainly won't give a shit if it befalls him.

Let his cult of personality at his website overpay for his garbage if they feel bad for him.... I just wonder why the Asian Missile himself hasn't come over here himself and told his story? :kekeke:

The Shadow 4 system actually exists. This is not a system that plays AES and
MVS though. I think Kenny had one, and also member shinryu.

Tacitus

Staff member
xtoo_short20x said:

Meh, I'm so confused with all the aftermarket mods/superguns I haven't really kept track. I thought it did both, but oh well.... Ray has finally went off the deep end.. I guess it wasn't surprising given his attitude and demeanor.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

Are you talking about t3h NE0 leg3nd, KPJ???

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The Shadow 4 is the blueprint for Kenny's work on Consolized 2 slots... All Kenny did was trace the connections and design...

Jeff K and Raz are currently the best...

But back in the day...

Ray Young was a great guy to deal with, always came through for me and we actually did more "other" deals more than Neo... I had some screenshots and "samples" from Ray that would make some of you "Neo Experts" buckle at the knees. He really had some great resources at his fingertips and did a LOT for the Neo in general...

After Shawn and SNKP were tight lipped, the "unofficial" stock had to be removed from the NeoStore (which was a damn shame)

Ray was very open and professional with me and I'm 100% sure that the Phantom shipment was "lost" in the mail because Ray wouldn't do that to Vinh or anyone for that matter... so lets all feel sorry for the Drama KING - I didn't think there was anyone who could top my taste for "teh drama" but Vinh's punk ass takes the cake...

And eats it too.

SSS

neo retired
Pretty sure the shadow 4 was just a jet black consolized 4 slot.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
not that i want to get into the conversation, but vihn's a good guy,
he's a good seller and i'm not sure why people would
be opposed to him making a site with capcom and SNK stuff.
i remember it wasn't all that long ago where plenty of folks thought shawn
was an ego whore, an asshole on dion's level but still post on his very site.
take it for what it is, vihn got scammed for alot of money running a
legitimate business by !arcade!, i've never been fond of ray, or like bobak
brought up, his claims of making SNK quality games with his repros of ms.
i'm not really a big fan of ms fetching 1500+, but i'm totally not fond of the
fact the idea where someone could upset the market with a flood of conversions,
or as i like to call them.
bootlegs.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Damn. Or should I say OUCH!

Well, I won't get into the whole mudslinging thing with Vinh & ray.

I will help by giving some facts though (and adressing some of the Q'd in this thread).

The "AES-2" was show towards the end of the first issue of the (alomost instantly) defunct GameGo magazine. The add was sull page, full color & showed the system itself (I believe only one or two prototype units were made). the project was eventually scrapped due to the fact that it probably would have been financial suicide. It was decided that the feedback in the U.S. was luke warm which was not a surprise as the neo community (ESPECIALLY the U.S.) is a jaded bunch that is extremily harsh/critical & won't give much a chance. For a good example just look at the "homebrew/independant" market & the recent example of the new shooter "last hope" that is about to be released, pretty tough crowd to please eh?

The Shadow 4 was one of the first consolized MVS units out which is why it caught everyones eye. It was made, released & i am not sure how many made it into circulation.

That is all i will post for tonight, I'm off to bed. I will post the rest tommorrow.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ray young used to hire people to come to this site and do dirty work and defame shawn. I fucking hated that shit and I didn't like the fact that people were receiving kick back and accepting it without a shred of guilt.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
I certainly wasn't anticipating this thread turning into a mudslinging contest at Vinh.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
mister ray young has always been cool in my book

had many deals with him,never a problem

he was actually really kind and helpful

trieuminator,
funny how people dislike him now

they all used to lick his ass because he was omg an insider !1!!

his attitude was splendid

"i know everything,little ignorant fuckers.
lick my ass for 3 weeks and maybe i will start telling you like 4 % of what i know."

but for some reason,people were still mad for it

then he bought a big ngf stock and all that,no ?

pretend to be nice and then be as shady as all the others

tops

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
This is suprising... Like several people already said, Ray had always been 100% with me too, always professional. Sucks this happened though, hopefully things will get worked out.

Tacitus

Staff member
Fran said:
trieuminator,
funny how people dislike him now

they all used to lick his ass because he was omg an insider !1!!

his attitude was splendid

"i know everything,little ignorant fuckers.
lick my ass for 3 weeks and maybe i will start telling you like 4 % of what i know."

but for some reason,people were still mad for it

then he bought a big ngf stock and all that,no ?

pretend to be nice and then be as shady as all the others

tops

EGG

ZAK

LEE.

Trieu pulled up stakes and started his own site where he could be worshipped full time. Buy the NGF stock, "fake" shut down your site, cater to the idiots... karmic retribution.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Pretty sure the shadow 4 was just a jet black consolized 4 slot.

I think so too. I'm sure I saw a black four slot consolized by arcade on ebay with that "name."