Arcade cab at your place of employment.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I have an arcade cab at the place that I work...oh...wait...I work in a game room! D-oh!!! :tickled:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I work at all Las Vegas properties for MGM Resorts, so technically I see them at work all the time.

I was at the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus and they have more there than any other property. In terms of Neo-Geo, they have a 2-slot cab with Galaxy Fight and Metal Slug 2, along with a converted MK Ultimate 3 that was turned into a dedicated Metal Slug 5 machine. There's another cab that looks like it was something else, was converted to Neo-Geo, and then converted again into Marvel vs Capcom. The red color of the paint is unmistakable.

Aside from that, there's a good selection of decent retro games, along with a bunch of late 90's/early '00 SEGA and Namco shooter and racer games.

There's also a vanilla Street Fighter 3. No Second Impact. No Third Strike. Pretty rare to see one of those these days.

Some of the employee dining rooms at the properties have either an ancient and beat to hell Centipede or Ms. Pac Man.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I work at all Las Vegas properties for MGM Resorts, so technically I see them at work all the time.

I was at the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus and they have more there than any other property. In terms of Neo-Geo, they have a 2-slot cab with Galaxy Fight and Metal Slug 2, along with a converted MK Ultimate 3 that was turned into a dedicated Metal Slug 5 machine. There's another cab that looks like it was something else, was converted to Neo-Geo, and then converted again into Marvel vs Capcom. The red color of the paint is unmistakable.

Aside from that, there's a good selection of decent retro games, along with a bunch of late 90's/early '00 SEGA and Namco shooter and racer games.

There's also a vanilla Street Fighter 3. No Second Impact. No Third Strike. Pretty rare to see one of those these days.

Some of the employee dining rooms at the properties have either an ancient and beat to hell Centipede or Ms. Pac Man.

circus circus has the best arcade no doubt, their selection of games is much better than the newly opened game works at town square. I missed the old location so much, it was much bigger and had way better arcade machines. now its mostly redemptions with a few racers, shooters and 2 fighing cabs. tekken 5 and mvc2

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The old Gameworks was better, but they still lacked a lot of the older, classic games, along with fighting games. Last time I went to the old one was back in 2006, and it was filled with racers and shooters back then.

The machines in Circus Circus Adventure Dome appear to work well, but they're pretty beat up. I just got done with a project there, and I was hoping they might reward me with an arcade machine to take home for my hard work. Then I woke up. ;)

That said, I noticed they had an officially licensed Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr./Mario Bros anniversary combo cabinet there. That's now on my "want list" of machines to acquire.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
The old Gameworks was better, but they still lacked a lot of the older, classic games, along with fighting games. Last time I went to the old one was back in 2006, and it was filled with racers and shooters back then.

The machines in Circus Circus Adventure Dome appear to work well, but they're pretty beat up. I just got done with a project there, and I was hoping they might reward me with an arcade machine to take home for my hard work. Then I woke up. ;)

That said, I noticed they had an officially licensed Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr./Mario Bros anniversary combo cabinet there. That's now on my "want list" of machines to acquire.

the new game works is even worse when it comes to classic and fighters. I sure do miss the old one. they had a much better selection. id rather go to the pinball hall of fame or circus circus.

that would have been sweet if they gave you an arcade cab of your choice!

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Man I'd love to have a cab where I work. It would give me something to do on my breaks besides bother my coworkers that aren't on break.

Sadly, it's a government job, even if I offered to put one in there for free I would be turned down.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
We have a TV with an xbox.... now modded with some emulation..great success !! :buttrock: