Arcade 1cc thread

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Holy crap dude!

KP...

You didn't know? This has to be the easiest Psikyo title to clear by far.

Not sure how much (or if you've ever spent) time with it, but I encourage you to give it a go using Aine. You'll see...

This took me, about three weeks of off and on playing.

I got to 2-1 last night, and 2-3 today.

20191019_141605.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Noticed a KIDPANDA on the 1CC Marathon schedule:

https://horaro.org/onecreditclearmarathon/schedule
https://www.twitch.tv/1ccmarathon

Is that you, KP?

That is correct, I was asked to join this year and am excited to be a part of the marathon. My run will be at 2:40 PM EST on Sunday 10/20/2019

:-J

KP...

You didn't know? This has to be the easiest Psikyo title to clear by far.

Not sure how much (or if you've ever spent) time with it, but I encourage you to give it a go using Aine. You'll see...

This took me, about three weeks of off and on playing.

I got to 2-1 last night, and 2-3 today.

Funnily enough, I bought what I thought to be a legit board of the game and it ended up being a boot which means I now own two lol. This is one of the games I've wanted a board of for a long time and never can seem to catch one. I want to put some heavy time into it because the look and sound of the game is pretty unique in my eyes. Will mos def give it a whirl when I can play it proper :D

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
That is correct, I was asked to join this year and am excited to be a part of the marathon. My run will be at 2:40 PM EST on Sunday 10/20/2019

Awesome! Not going to catch it live, but I'll check out the VOD later along with some of the other runs.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
A couple recent ones, via PS4 arcade archives:

Moon Patrol, 2 loops
MoonPatrol_Jeneki_128930.jpg
The loops go Beginner -> Champion -> Champion 2. I think it just keeps repeating champion and adding a digit after the second loop. This is probably the oldest game I've studied up on (1982).

Contra
Contra_Jeneki_1348000.jpg
Like Ikari Warriors, this one gives you a million points on a clear. It also gives 15 extra lives for some reason, which is funny because it doesn't loop.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Night Slashers and I updated my list.

Batsugun Special 2-All
Ashura Blaster 2-All
Andro Dunos 2-All
Dodonpachi 1-All
Shippu Mahou Daisakusen 1-All
Vimana 1-All
Storm Blade 1-All
Gunbird 1-All
Sengoku Blade 1-All
Sonic Wings 2 1-All
Sonic Wings 3 1-All
Shienryu 1-All
Sengoku Ace 1-All
Armed Police Batrider [normal course]
Espgaluda
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Original
Deathsmiles
Hyper Duel
Darius Gaiden
UN Squadron
Gekirindan
Metal Black
Guardians/Denjin Makai II
Big Fight : Big Trouble In The Atlantic Ocean
New Zero Team
Tenchi Wo Kurau II
Captain Commando
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
The Punisher
Alien vs. Predator
Sengoku 2
Mutation Nation
Metamorphic Force (no miss)
Violent Storm 1-All
Knuckle Bash
Shadow Force
Double Dragon
Golden Axe
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
Night Slashers
Strider Hiryu
Ninja Commando
Metal Slug
Elevator Action Returns (no miss)

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Metal Black yesterday.

There is definitely room for improvement scoring wise...

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I cleared Metal Black yesterday.

There is definitely room for improvement scoring wise...

Wow! Great, especially because I'm close to clear Border Down, which is based on MB. How long did it take you to clear it? My first BD tries date back years ago. Back then, I did manage to clear it with those 9 continues, which the game grants you, if you play it long enough. Now, because of the current situation, I needed a strong antidote to effectively shut off the craze a bit and chose Border Down by chance - I simply came across an old link to a clear, which I found and stored back then.

Damn, it demands so much attention and discipline, if it wasn't so fascinating, I'd never be able to practice for so long. Of course I don't play for score and of course I'm using a video to achieve my goal, but it's still nigh impossibly hard. The sample videos on the disc itself are a joke, done by someone with godly skills, who knows the game by hard, so to speak. Forget about it! I searched a long time for a suitable one credit clear and found one after searching for it in Japanese (ボーダーダウン). But it's one thing to watch and a whole different one to understand what you're actually seeing. It took me days to grasp it, yesterday I made a break through, though. This player not only has skill, but also style. The video shows two clears, coming one after another.

The first clear takes you through the upper borders, the second through the lower ones. Years back, when I first approached BD, I chose the second one, because I feared the 2nd form of the Boss in the 3rd Stage, which you encounter during the route in the first clear. This time, I totally forgot about my past approach and just studied the first clear. It was the right choice, a far easier route. I managed to get to the 5th Stage on one credit and the biggest challenge so far is, indeed, the 3rd Stage Boss, but not his second form, it's his first form, which is really tough. If you pull it off exactly the way this Japanese player did, the second form, becomes almost laughably easy. This complex fight against the first form of the 3rd Stage Boss is finally understood.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Thanks.

Well, I've been playing it on and off for over ten years. I decided to make a serious attempt at learning the game about a week ago and still hadn't made much progress. I tried using autofire and the clear came three days later. So...yeah. The game is considered very manageable sans auto! But I never became comfortable with properly positioning my ship and utilizing it's tools (the tall hitbox above and below the shot) because I was so fixated on producing an "ideal" fire-rate. So, you could say I felt freed up enough to focus on the rest of the game.

Good luck with Border Down! I've only played it a handful of times and it felt very tough (though I loved the music and presentation). I'm going to watch this video now....

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Ten years, eh? Now I don't feel as bad about my own years long Border Down attempts anymore ;). I heard about the auto-fire problem in Metal Black, I had one with Darius Gaiden, fortunately there was a cheat enabling auto in that game.

In BD, though, you're equipped with everything necessary from the start: auto-fire, homing shots through tapping, your beam and a very balanced adjustable velocity. The challenge is to use all of it constantly. Sometimes it feels like playing an instrument. Fortunately, only three buttons are required to operate, neatly avoiding the 'Defender syndrome'.

The video is full of details, which you can enjoy, if you play the game yourself. Like at 6:46, in the 1st Stage, where the player uses the beam to destroy those four robots and collect their shots with it. He achieves a 57 break through careful positioning, any other position will give you only 54 hits or less. Or in the 3rd Stage, at 17:28, where he does 165 break hit, destroys every enemy, and still manages to remain his Laser Level at 4, giving him the opportunity to build it up to 5 when it's needed for the next Break at 18:54. Classy.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I cleared Night Slashers and I updated my list.

Batsugun Special 2-All
Ashura Blaster 2-All
Dodonpachi 1-All
Shippu Mahou Daisakusen 1-All
Vimana 1-All
Andro Dunos 1-All
Storm Blade 1-All
Gunbird 1-All
Sengoku Blade 1-All
Sonic Wings 2 1-All
Sonic Wings 3 1-All
Shienryu 1-All
Sengoku Ace 1-All
Armed Police Batrider [normal course]
Espgaluda
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Original
Deathsmiles
Hyper Duel
Darius Gaiden
UN Squadron
Gekirindan
Metal Black
Guardians/Denjin Makai II
Big Fight : Big Trouble In The Atlantic Ocean
New Zero Team
Tenchi Wo Kurau II
Captain Commando
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
The Punisher
Alien vs. Predator
Sengoku 2
Mutation Nation
Metamorphic Force (no miss)
Violent Storm 1-All
Knuckle Bash
Shadow Force
Double Dragon
Golden Axe
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
Night Slashers
Strider Hiryu
Ninja Commando
Metal Slug
Elevator Action Returns (no miss)

needs more Outzone ;)

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Just got a couple 1ccs in Tenkomori Shooting, easy course and medium course. What a wierd, fun game—like Point Blank but with shmups.

b50390a3afc088aec15c30ec624f8fd2.jpg

31086e4b1e0ff95ab53cc7d244384434.jpg

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Cool

I've never played Carrier Air wing/US Navy. I really like AC UN Squadron/Area 88 though so, I should prob try it.

Any comparisons or contrasts worth noting?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
^ Cool

I've never played Carrier Airing/US Navy. I really like AC UN Squadron/Area 88 though so, I should prob try it.

Any comparisons or contrasts worth noting?

Well, I feel this game was rushed. There's no ship that shoots the ground like UN Squadron, and one of the weapons is literally garbage. This one is actually easier than UN in my eyes, it only took me 4 credits to beat the game. The first time I played it I made it to the last boss and literally died with him only needing two more shots.
I don't think the game has the same soul as UN so it feels rather blah. Is it worth playing? I think so, shouldn't take you long to clear it at all. But I wouldn't seek it out to own. In saying that, I will be selling my board soon lol. Green weapon with autofire is the way to go on this one.

List of 1ccs

Carrier Airwing
UN Squadron
Mushihimesama
Shinobi
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label AV (No Miss)
Donpachi (1-All)
DoDonPachi (1-All)
DoDonPachi DOJ (1-All)
DoDonPachi DFK (1-All)
Last Resort
Yie Ar Kung Fu
Rapid Hero
Strikers 1945
Kyukyokuu Tiger
Golden Axe
19XX
Giga WIng
Espgaluda (No Miss)
Ketsui 1-All
Battle Bakraid (Normal Course)
Armed Police Batrider (Normal Course)
Batsugun Special (3-All)
Tatsujin (1-All)
Strikers 1999 (1-All)
Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles II X
Akai Katana
Metal Slug 2
Storm Blade
Aero Fighters 2 (1-All)
Aero Fighters 3 (1-All)
Gradius

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Got a UN Squadron 1cc finally.

And with Greg too! I had to use Shin to kill bosses fast enough.

Carrier Air Wing's final boss was much harder for me than anything in UN Squadron. Shoots a hell of a lot more bullets. I could only 1cc the game with autofire.

Carrier Air Wing has some good tunes. I'll pimp this EP out again:
https://krieger.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This ones for KidPanda. Who cares if Colossus walk animation is like 2 frames, this game is awesomely broken. In any case just going through my games and recording runs

Not only can you super jump cancel every attack but you can cancel laggy normals with weaker normals for some interesting pressure. Definitely not a fan of the meter needed to tech throws and the stun dmg.Player 1 and 2 side differences affecting combos is also bullshit too.

Last edited: