Anyone purchase these new AES softcases?

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Did you know in the 90s, you can request SNK to print old title inserts (crossed swords, burning fight) in snapcase size for $1 each?
I didnt know that until someone told me later. Otherwise ill replace them all just like what you have in mind.

Nintendo had the same service even for some of their gamecube titles.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I bought the ones from the neostore, I think they are the same ones that NGDEV uses if I'm not mistaken, maybe I'm wrong. I know they come from DG, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm curious to know where the neooldstore's old school cases come from. Left over stock from NCI? I assumed their stuff was all SAC cases.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Jup from good ol' china! You can get almost everything made there nowadays if you take a few (thousand).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Did you know in the 90s, you can request SNK to print old title inserts (crossed swords, burning fight) in snapcase size for $1 each?
I didnt know that until someone told me later. Otherwise ill replace them all just like what you have in mind.

Did you know that you could choke on a dick and no one would care?

Fuck off with your old wives' tales, retard.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Did you know that you could choke on a dick and no one would care?

Fuck off with your old wives' tales, retard.

WTF?
You're the one need to calm down and fuck off. This is not war room ......
People with attitude like this makes people leaving NG.com

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Does southtown print snapcase art? I have a cart with no case that could use a home.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I think they frown upon AES artwork, but you can always modify one yourself and do it at Kinkos minus the "copyright law".

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Ok seller came back to me.

Text sent was:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Interested in some of your soft box cases (old style AES)

Some questions:

1) How do they look next to an original SNK old style case? Could you please send a picture?
2) Is the inner plastic tray more durable than the original SNK plastic tray? Does it break easy or is it more durable?

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seller replied back stating:

boxes are of better quality than the originals.
the materials are top quality.
SNK to remember their boxes in China (the quality was not good)
interior shelves are not broken, PVC is of better quality.
boxes and trays are the same as the original.

He also sent 12 pictures. I will upload them somewhere and give the link afterwards. Have to rush to work.

jhonny d

Kula's Candy
got these a few days ago

http://i.imgur.com/nMBFTeX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UQySKX5.jpg

I was looking for a better alternative to shockboxes for mvs carts

Quality of the case is very good, they are stronger than the original soft cases but are not 100% identical, especially around the spine

Inserts are good, printed on glossy paper, in picture they look crisp however an expert eye (or maybe even a not so expert one) will tell at a glance that they're printed from a scanned source. I once had a legit MOTW aes and can also tell that colors are a little off

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Yea, I ended up breaking down and buying some trays, since mine were beyond salvageable and were causing the case itself to bend. Good quality, wish they were local.