Anyone pick up the new mario and luigi game on ds?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Just wondering.
I picked up scribblenauts and didn't even know it was coming out at the same time.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I have no interest in this title, to be honest. I got the last DS Mario and Luigi RPG, but I was pretty underwhelmed. Nothing wrong with the game or anything, it just wasn't for me.

I'm gonna go back and get Dragon Quest V instead. They just announced VI is getting a remake too, so I figure I ought to get back ahead of the game. ;)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
after going through dragon warrior 4 and 5 pretty soon after each other,
dw just seems very rinse, lather, repeat.
I still like the formula, and they're still great.
but variety is the spice of life.
case in point, the mario and luigi games have that same kind of feel,
but they are usually more different than the last,
and usually pretty funny.
I lent the last mario and luigi game to a friend and she lost it.
:(

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd really like to get this, but I've got too much on my plate as it is. I sadly sold my copy of Partners in Time because it was going for a mint and I never got around to playing it. Though down the road I will pick up both again.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I'd really like to get this, but I've got too much on my plate as it is. I sadly sold my copy of Partners in Time because it was going for a mint and I never got around to playing it. Though down the road I will pick up both again.

Well... I was actually thinking about selling mine. If you wanna buy it sooner rather than later, let me know man, maybe we can work something out.

Moogle

n00b
Picking up Dragon Quest V is a good idea over purchasing anything else. :)

I'll take the rinse, lather & repeat of DQ every day of the week. I like that they make subtle tweaks to how they tell the story through most of the games, and I love the things that they keep similar. I wish Final Fantasy would've stuck with what worked long ago. I hope DQ never changes too significantly. It's perfect just the way it is, IMO.

DQV and M&L

I actually just received Dragon Quest V from Goozex the other day, and so far I love it. I received and played through IV a few months ago, so was pretty excited when this one finally matched and shipped. I'm also a big fan of the Mario and Luigi games, having played the first two to completion. I thought Partners in Time was fantastic. Inside Story is on my request list on Goozex, but it's a long wait queue. Maybe it will match around the time I complete V, that would work out well.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
looking forward to play the new super mario on wii

looking forward to play the new super mario on wii

You know, I had a hard time getting into it, but a lot of people are telling me some exciting things about it. I'm not so big into multiplayer and didn't expect them to do anything with the single player campaign, but it looks like they're doing quite a bit.